The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 3 April 2024, 01:49 AM   #1
agriculture&watches
"TRF" Member

Watch: Swiss Made
Can Omega fix this Aqua Terra ?

Hi all,
My dad had a car accident at the beginning of the year. He had left arm and left leg broken. Right now everything is fine with him. Last night we took a look on his Aqua Terra and we find one big problem with the movement. So when my dad started wearing Omega on the wrist he start filling like the movement inside the case is moving and hitting the case inside. After night we checked the time and Omega is keeping perfect time but the movement is flying inside the case. We also found two holes in the case. Do anyone know if Omega will fix that under warranty or we will have to pay for it. The watch is only one year old. To anyone knows what could happen to the movement?

Old 3 April 2024, 02:00 AM   #2
cuppa_watch
"TRF" Member

They can fix anything. They can bring a piece of scrap metal back to like its first day left the store. But I don't think they'll cover it under warranty.
cuppa_watch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2024, 02:19 AM   #3
2001jesper
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116234
They can fix everything. However, no way they will cover this under warranty
2001jesper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2024, 02:27 AM   #4
Guppydriver
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 126710BLNR
If the damage assuredly was done in the auto accident, there is a chance your auto policy would cover it.

I'm glad your Dad is on the path to recovery!

Nice watch BTW!
Guppydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2024, 03:32 AM   #5
Gebbeth
"TRF" Member

Not under warranty, but they can fix anything. The issue is going to be the cost, and it might now be cheap.

At the very least though, I'd fix whatever is going on with the movement. If the alignment pegs have broken off, there is a chance the movement is banging against the case, and that can't be good.

The cosmetic stuff on the case and the holes, may be it's the mark of a well worn watch with lots of stories to tell.
Gebbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2024, 03:50 AM   #6
piratfisk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16233, 116619LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppydriver View Post
If the damage assuredly was done in the auto accident, there is a chance your auto policy would cover it.

Nice watch BTW!
This is a good point! I wonder how or what kind of paperwork you'd need to make this definitive...

Wishlist: 128236; 5396G; 15550ST; 384.029
piratfisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2024, 08:14 AM   #7
chro.nic
"TRF" Member

First off, I'm glad to hear your dad is OK.

You have an clear caseback. Check and see if you can see what is "flying" in there. Maybe just the rotor came loose? I doubt it's the whole movement if the watch is keeping good time.

Anyway, I would recommend taking it to an Omega service center directly, not an AD if your location allows it.

You may be pleasantly surprised to find what lengths some companies may go to as a goodwill gesture!!!

Good luck.

.nic
chro.nic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2024, 09:56 PM   #8
agriculture&watches
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppydriver View Post

Nice watch BTW!
I didn’t think about this that way. Do anyone have any experience if auto insurance can cover this or how to report this to insurance company?
agriculture&watches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2024, 09:59 PM   #9
agriculture&watches
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chro.nic View Post
First off, I'm glad to hear your dad is OK.

You have an clear caseback. Check and see if you can see what is "flying" in there. Maybe just the rotor came loose? I doubt it's the whole movement if the watch is keeping good time.

Anyway, I would recommend taking it to an Omega service center directly, not an AD if your location allows it.

You may be pleasantly surprised to find what lengths some companies may go to as a goodwill gesture!!!

Good luck.

.nic
The rotor is moving in the correct position and it’s not loose. In hand I’m feeling like the whole movement is hitting the case inside. I will take the watch to Omega boutique in Chicago next month because I have 7 hours drive.
agriculture&watches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2024, 10:44 PM   #10
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Get the information off the internet about the service center and make a call and see what they say. I would submit the watch for an appraisal of damage and the cost of what it would take to make the necessary repairs. With that information you will be able to make an informed decision as to next steeps. The auto policy may cover it but they will want specifics and written estimates. Good luck and I am glad your father is doing well. Keep us posted as I would like to know how this plays out.
1William is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2024, 03:56 PM   #11
agriculture&watches
"TRF" Member

A small update after my visit in Omega boutique. Watchmaker said that the movement is not attached to the case because the screws that hold movement and case are damaged. They estimated the cost of repair of the whole movement to be around $1500-$2000. We decided to left the watch for repair but we said we want only movement repair and the case will stay as it is to be a reminder of the crash.
Old 22 April 2024, 08:45 PM   #12
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710LN
I'm glad to hear your dad is ok, Mike. Wishing him a speedy recovery from the injuries.

Also glad to hear that the watch is going to be repaired.
RW16610 is offline   Reply With Quote