The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 1 April 2017, 03:00 AM   #1
di3sel
"TRF" Member

Getting a 116710 BLNR "BATMAN" in Vancouver B.C

Hello fellas,

Its been awhile since I've been on this forum, last time I was on was when I was back in 2011 when I was looking to buy my first Rolex 116610 LV "HULK" .Philip1019 from this forum made it happen assisting me in getting a good deal at Lugaro West Vancouver.

I am ready to get my second Rolex and looking to get the GMT-MASTER II 116710 BLNR "BATMAN" and want to see if anyone can assist me in scoring a good deal locally.

Another question, it seems like there is only 2 official Rolex dealer left in Vancouver? What happened to the rest of them? I remember there was at least 5 official Rolex dealer back in 2011.

Thank you in advance fellow Rolex members!
di3sel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2017, 03:05 AM   #2
kilyung
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sundial
It's taken you 6 years to get your 2nd???? You are a man of great restraint!
kilyung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2017, 03:18 AM   #3
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

Please let us know how you make out if you get one from AD... by me ADs not discounting BLNR bc of demand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JR16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2017, 03:37 AM   #4
jazznpool
"TRF" Member

I'd be surprised if you find a BLNR there. More surprised if you get a discount of any kind. Unless you've done a high volume of business with the AD, why would they discount a hot moving piece they can easily sell to someone else for full MSRP? I do agree no harm in making a below MSRP offer. Good luck. Very pleased my BLNR thus far.
jazznpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2017, 04:01 AM   #5
di3sel
"TRF" Member

Thats what everyone said when I purchased my 116610 LV "HULK", everyone said its hard to get and no discount at all. I ended up getting tax in below the MSRP....

So just thought I ask around here to see if the same can be done with the "BATMAN"
di3sel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2017, 04:02 AM   #6
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by di3sel View Post
Hello fellas,

Its been awhile since I've been on this forum, last time I was on was when I was back in 2011 when I was looking to buy my first Rolex 116610 LV "HULK" .Philip1019 from this forum made it happen assisting me in getting a good deal at Lugaro West Vancouver.

I am ready to get my second Rolex and looking to get the GMT-MASTER II 116710 BLNR "BATMAN" and want to see if anyone can assist me in scoring a good deal locally.

Another question, it seems like there is only 2 official Rolex dealer left in Vancouver? What happened to the rest of them? I remember there was at least 5 official Rolex dealer back in 2011.

try canada watch collector.

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2017, 06:27 AM   #7
JS4LUV

Quote:
Hello fellas,

Where have you been? One additional boutique just opened last yr and that makes 6 ads in Vancouver; Lugaro, 2xMontecristo, Brinkhaus, Palladio and Rolex boutique.

I highly suggest you to shop around and see who is willing to take your business. Fyi, don't bother check out Brinkhaus, Montecristo and Rolex Boutique , my 2 cents.
JS4LUV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2017, 07:04 AM   #8
Aphid
"TRF" Member

Brinkhaus on Georgia no longer carry Rolex fyi.....I was there last week before being directed to the Rolex boutique on Alberni.
Aphid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2017, 07:15 AM   #9
rolexnub
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing TRF
As far as I know, there are 4 Rolex ADs and 1 Rolex boutique in the Vancouver.
- Montecristo
- Lugaro
- Palladio
- Brinkhaus
rolexnub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2017, 07:38 AM   #10
london_v
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilyung View Post
It's taken you 6 years to get your 2nd???? You are a man of great restraint!
Mate, don't forget a Rolex is a very expensive purchase. Not many can afford one, let alone 2.
london_v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2017, 09:48 AM   #11
JS4LUV

Quote:
Thats what everyone said when I purchased my 116610 LV "HULK", everyone said its hard to get and no discount at all. I ended up getting tax in below the MSRP....

So just thought I ask around here to see if the same can be done with the "BATMAN"
While you're out of the watch scene in Vancouver, many things has happened... that foreign $$$ really bad the game up. Forget the past & b ready to pay full msrp on blnr.
JS4LUV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2017, 03:00 AM   #12
Yvette
"TRF" Member

I called rolex boutique by alberni st. they told me they have BLNR in stock but you need to purchase one watch before you can buy it. I was speechless and he asked me if I am still interested, I told them politely I am not interested in purchasing another rolex to get BLNR. Discount? I dont think so. All the AD I have been talking to told me Canada rolex price is cheaper than other countries.

By the way, Rolex boutique has left me a bad taste.
They told me the same thing when I inquired about the sub date. Not going there.
The guy there told me "its not a price, its only $10000 dollar but its what everyone is looking for, we can only sell it as a second watch." Good luck finding customers like that.

I managed to find AD who sold me wedding rings, now the BLNR is on the order
Yvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2017, 03:45 AM   #13
brucethemanlee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvette View Post
I called rolex boutique by alberni st. they told me they have BLNR in stock but you need to purchase one watch before you can buy it. I was speechless and he asked me if I am still interested, I told them politely I am not interested in purchasing another rolex to get BLNR. Discount? I dont think so. All the AD I have been talking to told me Canada rolex price is cheaper than other countries.

By the way, Rolex boutique has left me a bad taste.
They told me the same thing when I inquired about the sub date. Not going there.
The guy there told me "its not a price, its only $10000 dollar but its what everyone is looking for, we can only sell it as a second watch." Good luck finding customers like that.

I managed to find AD who sold me wedding rings, now the BLNR is on the order

I got the same BS answer from Rolex Boutique in Vancouver when i enquired about the DaytonaC, Hulk, D-blue, and BLNR. Except with DaytonaC you had to buy TWO PM watches as well!!!!
brucethemanlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2017, 06:38 AM   #14
LordNantucket
"TRF" Member

Forget the Rolex boutique. It's run quite poorly. Focus on Lugaro or Montecristo, along with Palladio. PM if necessary :)
LordNantucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2017, 07:38 AM   #15
jimbones43
"TRF" Member

Trusted seller here
jimbones43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2017, 08:13 AM   #16
1st amg
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex,AP,Panerai
Quote:
Hello fellas,

Geez, all these personal questions from someone who has been away for six years! Sorry cant help!!!! LOL, kidding aside, there are quite a few members here from Vancouver, me not being one of them.
1st amg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2017, 10:22 AM   #17
AuroraS
"TRF" Member

Watch: OP39 (Rhodium)
I agree that the Rolex Boutique isn't the best place to go unless you're in the market for more than one watch. They definitely cater to high rollers who can purchase multiple watches in short periods of time. For most of us regular folks who like to purchase once (every couple of years), places like Lugaro and Montecristo are probably best.

I've personally had a good experience with the Montecristo at Oakridge Mall, but I don't think you'd be able to get a discount (on the BLNR). Maybe no tax if you pay cash, but definitely not lower than MSRP
AuroraS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2017, 11:34 AM   #18
bob93713
"TRF" Member

I've also had a good experience with Montecristo in Oakridge.
The boutique has sure got off to a bad start in terms of reputation...its a shame as we stay at the Shangri la quite often.
bob93713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2017, 12:49 PM   #19
Angry-Gardener
"TRF" Member

I think the right strategy is to walk into the AD and try on some watches and see if you can make a personal connection.

I walked into Montecristo @ Oakridge there and sat down with the fabulous gentleman (Giovanni I believe) who opened the Rolex AD there back in the late 70's I believe. He's as smooth as silk and charming in a way they just don't make anymore. My wife came in after a while and the charm factor doubled, "Can I offer you an espresso?"

How Giovanni gently introduced and explained the price he could offer was pure grace. I will buy a watch from him someday if I can, just for the art of his sale (and the watch, of course).

Unfortunately, he did not have the exact model I wanted and the new GWC Rolex boutique did, not surprising - they have the largest or second largest inventory in North America (or so we hear).

The GWC Rolex Boutique is very impressive, and being able to walk in - sit down, try on and ultimately walk out wearing a DSSD Blue (another waiting list model) over came the fact that their target is more rich visitor than local community guy like me.

But the lesson might be, not only do people buy from people... but people sell to people (sometimes). Go in, be charming, enjoy the experience and see what happens.

Lugaro in Park Royal are freshly remodeled. We bought a wedding ring there, good experience. They have less inventory of course, for instance completely sold out of SS Subs the one time we made in into their sealed Rolex chamber.

Palado were OK, I guess. I got a 1971 Datejust restored there and it came out perfect (their vintage guy is on Vancouver Island), but super expensive. When it came time to add a brand new Rolex to the mix I went elsewhere.

Enjoy the journey to your grail watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Angry-Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2017, 01:13 PM   #20
shabaang
Banned

what is the current canadian retail price for the batman? Can somebody help me out here?

I recently got my first rolex (sub c date) and I'm in love. I'm trying so hard not to buy another watch so soon..ugh. I fear I won't wear my sub if I get the batman.
shabaang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2017, 01:31 PM   #21
antoflo
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJII, Sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by shabaang View Post
what is the current canadian retail price for the batman? Can somebody help me out here?

I recently got my first rolex (sub c date) and I'm in love. I'm trying so hard not to buy another watch so soon..ugh. I fear I won't wear my sub if I get the batman.
canadian retail price for the BLNR is 10,200 CAD before tax
antoflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2017, 01:49 PM   #22
carlhaluss
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Explorer 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolexnub View Post
As far as I know, there are 4 Rolex ADs and 1 Rolex boutique in the Vancouver.
- Montecristo
- Lugaro
- Palladio
- Brinkhaus
Brinkhaus, unfortunately, no longer carries Rolex. And I did not have a good experience at the Boutique on Alberni Street. I did buy one a Lugaro in West Vancouver, and the sales lady was very nice, but the owner's son acted like an incredibly ignorant, spoiled brat.

The best service I have had is at Montecristo. I have bought three Rolex watches from them, two downtown and one in Oakridge. I am going to get a Day-Date 40 very soon, and it will be from Montecristo in Oakridge.

I have never asked for a discount, only inquired about price. But I have always been offered a discount at Montecristo. Never expecting any discount, even getting the tax included in price is sufficient for me. I have always found in life that one is always disappointed when they carry a sense of entitlement. When I am spending that much money on a watch, the service is more important than anything. And Montecristo never disappoints. If you act like a gentleman, I can guarantee you will be treated as one.

Cheers,
Carl
Old 30 September 2017, 03:43 PM   #23
shabaang
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoflo View Post
canadian retail price for the BLNR is 10,200 CAD before tax
thanks, they can't be found anywhere i'm assuming.
shabaang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2017, 03:54 PM   #24
jstan9
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by london_v View Post
Mate, don't forget a Rolex is a very expensive purchase. Not many can afford one, let alone 2.
Great point. I bought my YM 17 years before I pulled the trigger on my brand new blnr (from an ad here in San Francisco). I'd love a SD or the rhodium YM, but for now it's not to be...loving my two beauties, though!
jstan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2017, 05:39 PM   #25
rolex aficionado
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16018-16610-116520
Its getting harder and harder to buy SS Rolexes in Vancouver....
rolex aficionado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2017, 06:51 AM   #26
hdms
"TRF" Member

I have a friend selling like new BLNR purchased MAy 2017 in Calgary. He’s in Vancouver now. PM me if you’re interested. Complete box with receipts and warranty card.
hdms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2018, 07:15 PM   #27
Xander002
"TRF" Member

Definitely agree that the Montecristo at Oakridge is the best. Although they haven't the watches I want.
Xander002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2018, 07:52 PM   #28
brucethemanlee
"TRF" Member

Getting a 116710 BLNR "BATMAN" in Vancouver B.C

Quote:

Double post error

But curious how did u make out? Did you get BLNR at discount ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
brucethemanlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2018, 08:33 PM   #29
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Guys this thread is nearly 2 years old
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2019, 06:00 PM   #30
Ed99
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
Anyone in Vancouver having any luck in scoring either SS or TT subs, GMTII, and Daytona recently? I am in the market for the Daytona Panda Bear. Have any of you gone else where to buy? If so where?
Ed99 is offline   Reply With Quote