The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 30 September 2013, 11:06 AM   #31
GradyPhilpott
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710 BLNR
I saw "The Deer Hunter" some time around 1980, I guess, and while I think that it was an entertaining film and made a few abstract statements about war and perhaps about fighting an unpopular war, it had very little to do with the reality that was the war in Vietnam.

I felt about the same way about "The Deer Hunter" as most of the men I've known who flew missions with the Eighth Air Force felt about the film "Catch 22," and I never met one yet who got it, even though I liked the film and understood the point that Joseph Heller was making.

I'd read Heller's book, whereas probably none of the WWII veterans I talked to had.

Inaugural TRF $50 Watch Challenge Winner
GradyPhilpott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2013, 04:02 PM   #32
DCheeta
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyPhilpott View Post
I saw "The Deer Hunter" some time around 1980, I guess, and while I think that it was an entertaining film and made a few abstract statements about war and perhaps about fighting an unpopular war, it had very little to do with the reality that was the war in Vietnam.

I felt about the same way about "The Deer Hunter" as most of the men I've known who flew missions with the Eighth Air Force felt about the film "Catch 22," and I never met one yet who got it, even though I liked the film and understood the point that Joseph Heller was making.

I'd read Heller's book, whereas probably none of the WWII veterans I talked to had.
Are there any movies that depict anything close to the reality? One of my coworkers who was in Vietnam just made a similar comment last week when we were discussing Apocalypse Now.

Anyway, I saw Deer Hunter so long ago, I don't remember the watches. Thanks for the post.
DCheeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2013, 05:42 PM   #33
Baronrojo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Just goes to show the calibre of these watches. Whether they were worn to war or not.
Baronrojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2013, 08:32 PM   #34
Jason71
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/Tudor Divers
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCheeta View Post
Are there any movies that depict anything close to the reality? One of my coworkers who was in Vietnam just made a similar comment last week when we were discussing Apocalypse Now.

Anyway, I saw Deer Hunter so long ago, I don't remember the watches. Thanks for the post.
I've always heard that the series "Band of Brothers" was pretty darn close to reality

Just Say "NO" to Polishing
Card-Carrying Member of the Global Association of Retro-Grouch Curmudgeons
LIfe is too short to wear inexpensive watches
PLEXI IS SEXY
Jason71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2013, 09:09 PM   #35
SUBversive
Banned

Watch: Sun Dial
Brando wears a rolex with no bezel. Great pics and great movie.
SUBversive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2013, 09:39 PM   #36
polarinda
"TRF" Member

Watch: it
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBversive View Post
Brando wears a rolex with no bezel. Great pics and great movie.
that was Apocalypse Now.
polarinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2013, 04:29 AM   #37
BLACKHORSE 6
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex SS Daytona
I saw this movie about ten years ago, and have to say that I didn't think that it was very good (duck under the table to avoid the volley that is sure to come).

I guess I need to watch it again and give it another chance.
BLACKHORSE 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2013, 02:36 PM   #38
GradyPhilpott
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710 BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCheeta View Post
I haven't seen them all, but "Platoon" was very close and "Full Metal Jacket" was, too. There will always be artistic license in any film.

Inaugural TRF $50 Watch Challenge Winner
GradyPhilpott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2013, 03:51 PM   #39
Runnin' Rebel
"TRF" Member

Saving Private Ryan was kinda based on a true story, but I think the idea came from the Civil War where I think 6 brothers had been killed. Although, I thought I read that this really might have happened in WW II as well. Somthin like that. In any event, Private Ryan, Apocalypse Now, One Flew Over and Band of Brothers are always fun to watch again. King Pin is pretty a good movie too.

My dad had film of himself when he flew missions in the Vietnam War, some of it was pretty crazy with his F-4. If he had worn a ROLEX during his tour that would've been excellent.
Old 1 October 2013, 06:39 PM   #40
brokenchains
"TRF" Member

Found some facts online....

Robert DeNiro wears a Rolex Submariner which you can see in the final Russian Roulette scene with Walken. There are also a stainless steel and gold Rolex GMT-Master which can be seen during the first Russian Roulette scene laying on the table. Where DeNiro got his watch is unknown since a steel-worker should not be able to afford this watch but he possibly just took it from the watches laying on the table in the first Russian Roulette scene.
Old 1 October 2013, 06:46 PM   #41
brokenchains
"TRF" Member

More Rolex in film!!

Wrong turn
rolex sub ss

stolen from another forum

Rolex in Films(short list)
All The President's Men (1976) - Robert Redford wears a stainless steel Rolex Submariner. His editor wears a Rolex GMT.
Carlito’s Way (1993) - Rolex Day-Date worn by Sean Penn.

Color of Money, The (1986) - A nice close-up of a stainless steel Rolex Datejust with Jubilee bracelet worn by Paul Newman and handled by Tom Cruise.

Courage Under Fire (1996) - Denzel Washington is clearly shown wearing a stainless steel Rolex Submariner with date on his right wrist.

Crossroads (1985) - A stainless steel Rolex Datejust is traded for a guitar and hat.

Deep, The (1977) - Nick Nolte wears a stainless steel Rolex Submariner or Rolex Sea Dweller .

Deer Hunter (1978) - A Rolex Submariner worn by DeNiro. Other Rolexes appear throughout the movie. Namely a stainless steel and gold GMT-Master which can be seen during the Russian Roulette scene.

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (1988) - Michael Caine wears a Rolex Day-Date.
Disappearance, The (1977) - Donald Sutherland wears a gold Rolex Submariner.

Distinguished Gentleman, The (1992) - Eddie Murphy wears a Rolex Day-Date. "Oh, another Rolex, I collect these, mine is a slightly older model!"

15 Minutes (2001) - DeNiro wears a stainless steel Rolex Cosmograph Daytona. "There's blood all over your watch". Kelsey Grammer wears a Jaeger Le Coultre Reverso with a stainless steel braclet. A gold Rolex Day-Date is also seen.

Firefox (1982) - Two good close-ups of a steel and gold Rolex GMT on a Jubilee bracelet worn by Clint Eastwood.

44 Minutes (2003) - There's a close-up of a Rolex Submariner with date. Also there's a few close-ups of a Giopini watch.

Frantic (1987) - A nice close-up of a stainless steel Rolex Datejust on a Jubilee bracelet worn by Harrison Ford.

Get Carter (1971) - Michael Caine wears a stainless steel Rolex Datejust.

Glengarry Glen Ross (1992) - A gold Rolex Day-Date worn by Alec Baldwin. "You see this watch? You see this watch? This watch costs more than your car!"

Goodfellas (1990) - One of the gold watches that Ray Liotta wears on his right wrist is a Rolex Day-Date.

Gotti (1996) - Good shots of an Omega Speedmaster Professional , a steel and gold Rolex Datejust with Jubilee bracelet and white dial and one with black dial.

Hard To Kill (1990) - A gold or stainless steel and gold Rolex GMT II worn by Steven Seagall.

Hunter, The (1980) - Steve McQueen wears a Rolex Submariner with date on his right wrist.

Jaws (1975) - A Rolex Submariner and an unknown diving watch (Omega?) worn by Richard Dreyfuss.

In The Line Of Fire (1993) - A steel & gold Rolex Datejust worn by Clint Eastwood.

L.A. Confidential (1997) - Kevin Spacey wears a Bulova while Guy Pearce wears a Rolex Oyster.

Leaving Las Vegas (1995) - Rolex Cosmograph Daytona pawned by Nicholas Cage. "$500 for a ‘93 Rolex Daytona? - I’ll do it!"

Liquidator (1966) - Rod Taylor wears a Rolex Submariner.

Lost in Translation (2003) - Bill Murray wears a two tone Rolex DateJust.

Mallrats (1995) - A Rolex Cosmograph Daytona with a white dial.

Marathon Man (1976) - Rolex GMT with black bezel and Jubilee bracelet given as a present to Dustin Hoffman. He then trades it for a taxi fare and some change.

Marked For Death (1991) - Rolex Day-Date worn by Steven Seagall for the first part of the movie. He then wears a TAG Heuer stainless steel chronograph.

Mechanic, The (1972) - A close-up of Rolex Submariner without date worn by Charles Bronson. He also wears an unknown chronograph.

North Sea Hijack (1975) - Roger Moore wears a Rolex Submariner and a Seiko Quartz Professional Diver. Anthony Perkins wears an Omega Speedmaster(?).

One Night at McCool's (2001) - Having his Swatch stolen, Matt Dillon steals a two-tone Rolex Datejust.

Outbreak (1995) - Kevin Spacey wears a Rolex Submariner.

Rain Man (1988) - Rolex Day-Date pawned by Tom Cruise.

Revenge (1990) - Kevin Costner's character receives a green Rolex box containing a stainless steel Submariner with date which he wears throughout the film.

Rocky II - (1979) - Whilst shopping for watches, Sly is holding a Rolex Day-Date and a Lady Datejust with diamond bezel in his left hand. In his right, he's holding a gold Rolex GMT with Jubilee bracelet.

Schindler’s List (1994) - Rolex Prince worn by Liam Neesom.

Tequila Sunrise (1988) - Both Kurt Russell and Mel Gibson wear gold Rolexes, a Datejust and Submariner respectively. One of the watches is also mentioned in the film.

They Drive By Night (1940) - Humphery Bogart wears a Rolex Prince.

This Is Spinal Tap (1984) - Rolex Submariner worn by Nigel Tuffnel played by Christopher Guest.

Thunderheart (1992) - Val Kilmer wears a stainless steel Rolex Cosmograph Daytona.

Titanic (1998) - Bill Paxton wears a gold Rolex Submariner .

Unlawful Entry (1992) - Kurt Russell’s lawyer wears a Rolex Day-Date.

When Time Ran Out (1980) - Paul Newman wears a Rolex GMT.

Wild Things (1998) - Matt Dillon wears a stainless steel Rolex Submariner Date.

James Bond and Rolex
I'm not sure whether Ian Fleming specified 007's watch as a Rolex in the James Bond Novels. When the films were produced, Sean Connery was first to introduce the Rolex Submariner to the big screen in Dr No. Roger Moore carried the mantle in to the mid-70's but allegiances and product placement pressures forced a change of allegiance to Omega when Pierce Brosnan took on the role in the 90's. In Dr. No, Sean Connery is seen wearing a Rolex Submariner, Rolex Reference No. 6538 or 5508 which is now known amongst collectors as the James Bond Submariner.

Listed below are the Rolex watches seen in the James Bond films.

Dr. No (1962) - A Rolex Submariner

From Russia With Love (1963) - A Rolex Submariner.

Goldfinger (1964) - Rolex Submariner Model ref. 5508 (note the lack of crown guards compared to today's watch) seen right complete with a rather ill fitting two tone NATO strap. Honor Blackman (Pussy Galore) wears a Rolex GMT when piloting Goldfinger's jet.

Thunderball (1965) - Rolex Submariner.

O.H.M.S.S. (1969) - Rolex Submariner with steel bracelet. George Lazenby takes off his Submariner, places it on top of a photo-copier and then peruses a Playboy magazine. A Rolex chronograph with a silvered dial and a stainless steel Oyster bracelet is also worn by Lazenby in the film.

Live And Let Die (1973) - Roger Moore's Rolex Submariner Model 5513, takes a starring role in the film when the serrated bezel turns into a fast spinning buzz saw and a built in super magnet provides a useful tool for unfastening the zip on Jane Seymour's dress.

The Man With The Golden Gun (1974) - Rolex Submariner seen very clearly when Roger Moore smokes his cigar. A Rolex Cellini King Midas also features.
Old 2 October 2013, 12:36 AM   #42
tattooedfagin
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1680 Red
A great movie with added watch candy saw it years ago when pretty young, didn't appreciate it at the time as probably still wet behind the ears but like a good wine it's got much better with the years.

TRF Hall of Fame
tattooedfagin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2013, 12:58 AM   #43
rw170driver

Watch: 116710LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenchains View Post

Where DeNiro got his watch is unknown since a steel-worker should not be able to afford this watch but he possibly just took it from the watches laying on the table in the first Russian Roulette scene.
Rolexes were significantly more affordable in the sixties and seventies.
rw170driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2013, 01:30 PM   #44
scranger
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMTII, DD, Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip Greenwade View Post
A lot of GI's serving in Vietnam treated themselves to a Rolex while on leave. By today's standards they were dirt cheap but, in the late 70's, they chewed up a pretty good chunk of an enlisted man's pay...

Best,
Skip
Seiko and Citizen were the hot watches for us. I still have the Citizen SS DD that I bought in the PX at Soc Trang in 1967.
scranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2013, 10:58 AM   #45
serpico6969

Watch: Rolex Explorer II
To Nick
serpico6969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2018, 11:37 AM   #46
the deer hunter
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16660 Mk1
After watching this film in 4K, I can tell that is a Sea Dweller 16660 Mk1 that Robert is wearing. Why? The master is now so clear that we can discern the smallest details of the watch (glass is flat!) which is close up at the end of the film. In addition, the film was released on December 8, 1978. The 16660 is presented at FEHB (january) of 1978 and the actor John Cazale dies on March 13 of the same year. The scenes shot with him are made in late 1977 and early 1978. There is no doubt about the reference of the watch now...
the deer hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2018, 11:50 AM   #47
lordofuo
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124270
very cool..
lordofuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2018, 12:07 PM   #48
ALF61
"TRF" Member

Great movie. I was 16 back then in 1977 and completely missed the Rolexes. They were poor men workers at the steel foundry, could they really afford a Rolex ?
ALF61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2018, 01:03 PM   #49
Art 1
Banned

Watch: Rol/Seik/Tud/Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF61 View Post
Great movie. I was 16 back then in 1977 and completely missed the Rolexes. They were poor men workers at the steel foundry, could they really afford a Rolex ?
A Sub was about 3 days pay for steelworker in that time period.
Art 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2018, 01:26 PM   #50
ALF61
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art 1 View Post
A Sub was about 3 days pay for steelworker in that time period.
Dont think so. In 1960 a GMT was two weeks pay for a military man. Those steelworkers lived very modestly, remember their car ?
ALF61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2018, 01:32 PM   #51
Greg5512
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor Big Block
Great movie.
Greg5512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2018, 01:56 PM   #52
T-Bag
"TRF" Member

Looks like a Rootbeer on the table. Love vintage Rootbeer
T-Bag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2018, 03:45 PM   #53
PepsiGMT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwyrnr View Post
I was watching the movie the deer hunter. Were allot of those watches Rolex sport models? I just caught little glimps here and there but I could see the Cyclopes on some of them.
Yes...I believe that I spotted a Sub and GMT Master.
PepsiGMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2018, 05:43 PM   #54
NLYogi
"TRF" Member

Never noticed the watches but man it is a great movie. Not to say that war is a great thing though.

1 Watch guy
NLYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2018, 05:50 PM   #55
T-Bag
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenchains View Post
More Rolex in film!!

Wrong turn
rolex sub ss

stolen from another forum

Rolex in Films(short list)
All The President's Men (1976) - Robert Redford wears a stainless steel Rolex Submariner. His editor wears a Rolex GMT.
Carlito’s Way (1993) - Rolex Day-Date worn by Sean Penn.

Color of Money, The (1986) - A nice close-up of a stainless steel Rolex Datejust with Jubilee bracelet worn by Paul Newman and handled by Tom Cruise.

Courage Under Fire (1996) - Denzel Washington is clearly shown wearing a stainless steel Rolex Submariner with date on his right wrist.

Crossroads (1985) - A stainless steel Rolex Datejust is traded for a guitar and hat.

Deep, The (1977) - Nick Nolte wears a stainless steel Rolex Submariner or Rolex Sea Dweller .

Deer Hunter (1978) - A Rolex Submariner worn by DeNiro. Other Rolexes appear throughout the movie. Namely a stainless steel and gold GMT-Master which can be seen during the Russian Roulette scene.

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (1988) - Michael Caine wears a Rolex Day-Date.
Disappearance, The (1977) - Donald Sutherland wears a gold Rolex Submariner.

Distinguished Gentleman, The (1992) - Eddie Murphy wears a Rolex Day-Date. "Oh, another Rolex, I collect these, mine is a slightly older model!"

15 Minutes (2001) - DeNiro wears a stainless steel Rolex Cosmograph Daytona. "There's blood all over your watch". Kelsey Grammer wears a Jaeger Le Coultre Reverso with a stainless steel braclet. A gold Rolex Day-Date is also seen.

Firefox (1982) - Two good close-ups of a steel and gold Rolex GMT on a Jubilee bracelet worn by Clint Eastwood.

44 Minutes (2003) - There's a close-up of a Rolex Submariner with date. Also there's a few close-ups of a Giopini watch.

Frantic (1987) - A nice close-up of a stainless steel Rolex Datejust on a Jubilee bracelet worn by Harrison Ford.

Get Carter (1971) - Michael Caine wears a stainless steel Rolex Datejust.

Glengarry Glen Ross (1992) - A gold Rolex Day-Date worn by Alec Baldwin. "You see this watch? You see this watch? This watch costs more than your car!"

Goodfellas (1990) - One of the gold watches that Ray Liotta wears on his right wrist is a Rolex Day-Date.

Gotti (1996) - Good shots of an Omega Speedmaster Professional , a steel and gold Rolex Datejust with Jubilee bracelet and white dial and one with black dial.

Hard To Kill (1990) - A gold or stainless steel and gold Rolex GMT II worn by Steven Seagall.

Hunter, The (1980) - Steve McQueen wears a Rolex Submariner with date on his right wrist.

Jaws (1975) - A Rolex Submariner and an unknown diving watch (Omega?) worn by Richard Dreyfuss.

In The Line Of Fire (1993) - A steel & gold Rolex Datejust worn by Clint Eastwood.

L.A. Confidential (1997) - Kevin Spacey wears a Bulova while Guy Pearce wears a Rolex Oyster.

Leaving Las Vegas (1995) - Rolex Cosmograph Daytona pawned by Nicholas Cage. "$500 for a ‘93 Rolex Daytona? - I’ll do it!"

Liquidator (1966) - Rod Taylor wears a Rolex Submariner.

Lost in Translation (2003) - Bill Murray wears a two tone Rolex DateJust.

Mallrats (1995) - A Rolex Cosmograph Daytona with a white dial.

Marathon Man (1976) - Rolex GMT with black bezel and Jubilee bracelet given as a present to Dustin Hoffman. He then trades it for a taxi fare and some change.

Marked For Death (1991) - Rolex Day-Date worn by Steven Seagall for the first part of the movie. He then wears a TAG Heuer stainless steel chronograph.

Mechanic, The (1972) - A close-up of Rolex Submariner without date worn by Charles Bronson. He also wears an unknown chronograph.

North Sea Hijack (1975) - Roger Moore wears a Rolex Submariner and a Seiko Quartz Professional Diver. Anthony Perkins wears an Omega Speedmaster(?).

One Night at McCool's (2001) - Having his Swatch stolen, Matt Dillon steals a two-tone Rolex Datejust.

Outbreak (1995) - Kevin Spacey wears a Rolex Submariner.

Rain Man (1988) - Rolex Day-Date pawned by Tom Cruise.

Revenge (1990) - Kevin Costner's character receives a green Rolex box containing a stainless steel Submariner with date which he wears throughout the film.

Rocky II - (1979) - Whilst shopping for watches, Sly is holding a Rolex Day-Date and a Lady Datejust with diamond bezel in his left hand. In his right, he's holding a gold Rolex GMT with Jubilee bracelet.

Schindler’s List (1994) - Rolex Prince worn by Liam Neesom.

Tequila Sunrise (1988) - Both Kurt Russell and Mel Gibson wear gold Rolexes, a Datejust and Submariner respectively. One of the watches is also mentioned in the film.

They Drive By Night (1940) - Humphery Bogart wears a Rolex Prince.

This Is Spinal Tap (1984) - Rolex Submariner worn by Nigel Tuffnel played by Christopher Guest.

Thunderheart (1992) - Val Kilmer wears a stainless steel Rolex Cosmograph Daytona.

Titanic (1998) - Bill Paxton wears a gold Rolex Submariner .

Unlawful Entry (1992) - Kurt Russell’s lawyer wears a Rolex Day-Date.

When Time Ran Out (1980) - Paul Newman wears a Rolex GMT.

Wild Things (1998) - Matt Dillon wears a stainless steel Rolex Submariner Date.

James Bond and Rolex
I'm not sure whether Ian Fleming specified 007's watch as a Rolex in the James Bond Novels. When the films were produced, Sean Connery was first to introduce the Rolex Submariner to the big screen in Dr No. Roger Moore carried the mantle in to the mid-70's but allegiances and product placement pressures forced a change of allegiance to Omega when Pierce Brosnan took on the role in the 90's. In Dr. No, Sean Connery is seen wearing a Rolex Submariner, Rolex Reference No. 6538 or 5508 which is now known amongst collectors as the James Bond Submariner.

Listed below are the Rolex watches seen in the James Bond films.

Dr. No (1962) - A Rolex Submariner

From Russia With Love (1963) - A Rolex Submariner.

Goldfinger (1964) - Rolex Submariner Model ref. 5508 (note the lack of crown guards compared to today's watch) seen right complete with a rather ill fitting two tone NATO strap. Honor Blackman (Pussy Galore) wears a Rolex GMT when piloting Goldfinger's jet.

Thunderball (1965) - Rolex Submariner.

O.H.M.S.S. (1969) - Rolex Submariner with steel bracelet. George Lazenby takes off his Submariner, places it on top of a photo-copier and then peruses a Playboy magazine. A Rolex chronograph with a silvered dial and a stainless steel Oyster bracelet is also worn by Lazenby in the film.

Live And Let Die (1973) - Roger Moore's Rolex Submariner Model 5513, takes a starring role in the film when the serrated bezel turns into a fast spinning buzz saw and a built in super magnet provides a useful tool for unfastening the zip on Jane Seymour's dress.

The Man With The Golden Gun (1974) - Rolex Submariner seen very clearly when Roger Moore smokes his cigar. A Rolex Cellini King Midas also features.
Against All Odds features Jeff Bridges. Also magnified about 20 times in the Phil Collins video. Best movie of all time for SS sub owners imo
T-Bag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2018, 06:01 PM   #56
timedate
-

like music, films were so much better in the past, actors and actresses were brilliant in their craft,

this was a great film, the wedding scene went on a bit though,

and what about 'cavatina' oh my word, what a tune.

yes, rolex was massive back then, as much as now.
timedate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2018, 08:44 PM   #57
strafer_kid
"TRF" Member

Watch: SDs, Subs & GMTs
Quote:
Dont think so. In 1960 a GMT was two weeks pay for a military man. Those steelworkers lived very modestly, remember their car ?
That sounds a bit more like it. They have always been expensive even "back in the day" though at least you could walk in and buy one. Nowadays they have just got even crazier in terms of cost though interestingly they are even harder than ever to pick up?
strafer_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2018, 07:34 AM   #58
Rocketman39
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513,Hulk,GMTII
I saw the Deer Hunter about 1980 with a very good friend who is also a Vietnam Veteran. When the movie was over everyone left the theater without saying a word. Never experienced that before or since. It made an impression on us.
Rocketman39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 December 2018, 07:39 AM   #59
Art 1
Banned

Watch: Rol/Seik/Tud/Omega
Quote:
I grew up there. I know what they got paid. Remember that was a movie. I knew many steelworkers that drove brand new Cadallacs and lived in very nice homes. So I'm sorry but you are wrong in this case.
Art 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2018, 11:28 AM   #60
Coop13
Banned

Watch: SBGW231, SRP777
For some reason this is one of those movies I just never watched. Well we were at FYE in the mall tonight and my wife came around the bend with it in her hand! It’s show time.
Coop13 is offline   Reply With Quote