The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 17 March 2016, 01:35 AM   #1
briboxer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: forever changing
RubberB vs. Everest my take

I thought a red RubberB would be cool on my 116655. Ordered it and it arrived. Tried installing it and found the holes didn't line up. Not exactly going to force the issue on my gold piece. Even had my watchmaker try and when I saw him stressing on it, I immediately said "not worth it".
I contacted RubberB about a return and got a lame excuse. Contact us for instruction to install. Really?
Anyway... may save it for another watch, but going to investigate the Everest at an OC location. There is now an exclusive dealer in my area where you can actually see, feel and touch, and have it installed there. Pretty nice guaranty I would say, and if it doesn't fit, you aren't stuck with a return situation.
I had read some of the articles of opinion here about the two brands, and I should have just stuck with the majority ruling on the Everest.
briboxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2016, 01:51 AM   #2
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
sorry to hear! I've otherwise only heard good things about rubber b.

Unfortunately, this thread will be buried alive on a day like today!!!

Good luck
Chadridv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2016, 02:00 AM   #3
waterman1
2024 Pledge Member

Timing of this is perfect for me. I ordered a rubber B for my SD4000 and could not make it fit no matter what I did. Also got pretty lame excuse from rubber B. They took it back but I got charged for returning. Fast forward to yesterday - I ordered an Everest for it after hearing good things. Can't wait to receive it.
waterman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2016, 02:31 AM   #4
SemperFi
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Submariner
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterman1 View Post
Timing of this is perfect for me. I ordered a rubber B for my SD4000 and could not make it fit no matter what I did. Also got pretty lame excuse from rubber B. They took it back but I got charged for returning. Fast forward to yesterday - I ordered an Everest for it after hearing good things. Can't wait to receive it.
I never had an Everest but do have a RubberB on my Explorer so I can't compare the two. I will say that the RubberB fits perfectly although the tolerance is tight. It works for me so I'm pleased.

SemperFi is offline   Reply With Quote