The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 17 March 2016, 07:23 AM   #1
tmehanna
"TRF" Member

Watch: LV,BLNR,Serti DJII
Green Basel!

Having just bought a SubC LV for its uniqueness for the most part, I am pretty miffed at the tide of green dial watches Rolex announced today! Seems like within a few years every model Rolex makes will be available in green. I am also not impressed with the new 41mm Datejust, not because I don't like it - I love it - but because I think Rolex is diluting the model and the brand with the influx of new (and sometimes pointless) models. I think the Daydate 40 and the Datejust 41 are admission of screwing up with the DJII and DDII which I believe should be discontinued at this point which would make them collectible rather than black sheep. I really hope Rolex know what they are doing.
tmehanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2016, 07:29 AM   #2
Lordofrolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes Please!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmehanna View Post
Having just bought a SubC LV for its uniqueness for the most part, I am pretty miffed at the tide of green dial watches Rolex announced today! Seems like within a few years every model Rolex makes will be available in green. I am also not impressed with the new 41mm Datejust, not because I don't like it - I love it - but because I think Rolex is diluting the model and the brand with the influx of new (and sometimes pointless) models. I think the Daydate 40 and the Datejust 41 are admission of screwing up with the DJII and DDII which I believe should be discontinued at this point which would make them collectible rather than black sheep. I really hope Rolex know what they are doing.
I agree with you about the DJII. They should discontinue that model to make them more desirable. As they arn't the most perfect watch rolex have ever made. I wear my DJII quite a bit but have noticed that if they would have made a DJ40 i probably would have gone that route.

The DDII are already discontinued and the prices have soared on the used markets making them very desirable.

Follow me on Instagram: @b_jakobovich
Lordofrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2016, 07:46 AM   #3
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Number One on the waiting list for a DJ41 at my AD
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote