The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 31 October 2008, 04:08 AM   #31
miked
"TRF" Member

Watch: speedy, po,rlx gmt
Ben Bridge in Horton Plaza downtown tried to tell me a band on my speedmaster was fake.

I went in to see if they could fix one of the pins at which time the girl behind the counter said the bracelet did not look "right" So she goes in back to get the watch expert,

This dude comes out and proceeds to tell me that my speedy bracelet is wrong and he points to the older seamaster in the case saying that my bracelet is from a seamaster?? At this point I was completely pissed and I just decided to make him look like a complete jackass, something I have never ever done, even when Ad's are spewing the most ridiculous crap. I usually just smile and say, really, yeah uh hum.

So I say, your telling me my speedmaster should have a seamaster bracelet on it? The bracelet on their now that says speedmaster is wrong? Then I start talking about bracelet and speedy model numbers, etc. I just buried this dude in front of 2 co-workers, flat out telling him he was wrong and had no clue about what he was saying or selling.

What an insult, this guy was a complete jackass and I will never go back to Ben Bridge Horton, I have had no bad experiences at the fashion valley location. Anyway thats my B Bridge rant.
Old 31 October 2008, 04:28 AM   #32
S/SOnly
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT II RN
I have had only good experiences with the BB stores locally. Fashion Show is simply awesome, all I have to say there. Honestly, I am a regular their, like to pop in just to say "Hi", so it is more like visiting friends now. This is the only Rolex AD I deal with, and there is quite a few choices here in the valley. The watchmaker on premises has been nothing but spectacular since the first day I walked in.

The other BB here in Vegas though, when I have shopped that store, they have been very friendly and cordial as well. A good friend went to that store to verify a pre-owned he was thinking of buying, and they did it, no prob.

I think you can get good service or bad service from a bevy of stores, retailers and businesses honestly, regardless of the amount of coin your willing to drop on a product.
Old 31 October 2008, 05:55 AM   #33
carbon6

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
Ben Bridge in Horton Plaza downtown tried to tell me a band on my speedmaster was fake.

I went in to see if they could fix one of the pins at which time the girl behind the counter said the bracelet did not look "right" So she goes in back to get the watch expert,

This dude comes out and proceeds to tell me that my speedy bracelet is wrong and he points to the older seamaster in the case saying that my bracelet is from a seamaster?? At this point I was completely pissed and I just decided to make him look like a complete jackass, something I have never ever done, even when Ad's are spewing the most ridiculous crap. I usually just smile and say, really, yeah uh hum.

So I say, your telling me my speedmaster should have a seamaster bracelet on it? The bracelet on their now that says speedmaster is wrong? Then I start talking about bracelet and speedy model numbers, etc. I just buried this dude in front of 2 co-workers, flat out telling him he was wrong and had no clue about what he was saying or selling.

What an insult, this guy was a complete jackass and I will never go back to Ben Bridge Horton, I have had no bad experiences at the fashion valley location. Anyway thats my B Bridge rant.
Good work! Don't hold back as you pummel him to the floor.
Old 10 December 2018, 06:16 AM   #34
RolexBarry
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona and Sub
Maui jewelers is like just a money maker. You have to think like a legal standpoint. Why would bb take the risk on being store friendly to look at your watch and risk a lawsuit. Just saying.
Old 10 December 2018, 07:40 AM   #35
JParm
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes!
I would have just went to Tom at D's Time Service.
Old 10 December 2018, 07:49 AM   #36
Widows Son
"TRF" Member

I'm not surprised they would not take the back off, that could lead to problems if the watch leaked later. I wouldn't have been too happy if the watchmaker didn't show up, glad it worked out for you.
Old 10 December 2018, 07:49 AM   #37
Largoshark
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexBarry View Post
Maui jewelers is like just a money maker. You have to think like a legal standpoint. Why would bb take the risk on being store friendly to look at your watch and risk a lawsuit. Just saying.
Why revive a 10 year old thread? For perpective, the last post before yours was during the Bush administration.
Old 10 December 2018, 07:53 AM   #38
BNA/LION
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ROLEX
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeezy14@hotmail.com View Post
I would have just went to Tom at D's Time Service.
x2 http://www.dstimeservice.com/

Put his information in your phone for the next time you need any work or help with watches. 100% Great Guy to do Business with.

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
Old 10 December 2018, 08:30 AM   #39
mattskybeat
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sky Dweller
Quote:
10 years too late my friend........
Old 10 December 2018, 09:13 AM   #40
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baptistman View Post
Why should a retailer authenticate a watch, not purchased from them.
Customer service? Future business potential? Or maybe just an old fashioned bit of good will. The key is having a relationship. I wouldn't walk into a strange AD in a strange town and if refused an authentication, get all hissy about it. Which, I think is the angle you are analysing. And that's fair enough IMO.

With my local AD it's a different dynamic. They couldn't add me to their Hulk list because it was already in need of shortening. No point in putting me on, or pretending to put me on if the prospect of obtaining the watch was close to zero. They were only too pleased to authenticate my grey purchase. They were interested in seeing it and talking with me about how it fitted into my collection. They gave me refreshments while I waited and would not take money.

Prior and ongoing relationships count for a lot. Also knowing store policy helps. Maybe the store in the OP get a lot of requests from a lot of people who own a lot of watches, none of which were sold by them. So they'll make some money out of appraisals and if people really want them to do it, they'll pay and wait.
Old 10 December 2018, 12:08 PM   #41
fania123
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baptistman View Post
Why do people get annoyed by this, Why should a retailer authenticate a watch, not purchased from them. They run the risk of damaging the watch, Accidents do happen. They could be held liable for incorrectly authenticating a watch. If people want watches appraised, then normally an AD will take them in for a fee or percentage of the value and can take up to ten days.

Why do we get pee'd off when a retailer seems reluctant to do a service free of charge
This
Old 10 December 2018, 12:15 PM   #42
JacksonStone
Banned

Quote:
You felt the need to revive a ten-year dormant thread to say this?
Closed Thread