The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 9 September 2018, 03:21 AM   #1
Abyss
"TRF" Member

Sports Models Allocation - Goldsmiths UK

Ive just been into my local AD which is a branch of Goldsmiths (which is part of Aurum), And their policy regarding allocation of Stainless Rolex Sports Models has recently been updated.

this is on top of retaining the warranty card for 12 months, and removal of all stickers..

From now they (staff) are not allowed to sell/supply more than 3 “Sports Models” to any customer (monetary spend doesnt count at all) within a rolling 12 month period.

Just wondering if anyone else had been told this?
Old 9 September 2018, 03:24 AM   #2
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

its been discussed at it was 2 watches when it came up in April-ish. It was SS models with a WL. You could buy 20 explorer II's if you wanted.

They also apparently centralized the WL across the group. If your name is on more than one location for the same watch, you get removed and no watch. They control probably over 50% of the UK market so its kind of a big deal.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
Old 9 September 2018, 03:27 AM   #3
Abyss
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
its been discussed at it was 2 watches when it came up in April-ish. It was SS models with a WL. You could buy 20 explorer II's if you wanted.

They also apparently centralized the WL across the group. If your name is on more than one, you get removed and no watch. They control probably over 50% of the UK market so its kind of a big deal.
id heard it had been discussed a while ago, bit its now “the law”. They also told me that they spent 35 mins interviewing a customer for a BLNR this morning as part of their due diligence.

DNA swobs next?
Old 9 September 2018, 03:28 AM   #4
jonathan17
"TRF" Member

Watch: ??? Yes please!
Yes, same goes to Watches of Switzerland (also Aurum group)

I was there to last Week pick up a daytona and they held my card for 12mos, they didnt remove the stickers(my request) but was told that i cant be allocated more than 3 Sports model a year (steel or gold variants)
Old 9 September 2018, 03:32 AM   #5
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abyss View Post
id heard it had been discussed a while ago, bit its now “the law”. They also told me that they spent 35 mins interviewing a customer for a BLNR this morning as part of their due diligence.

DNA swobs next?
IMO i would just pay the premium than deal with that group. Not necessarily opposed to trying to vet customers, but not having any flexibility to make judgment calls is absurd. If i spend six figures a year there and they know me i would be insulted if they kept the card. First time customer they dont know its a different thing. I quit shopping there years ago.

There are some very big spenders i know of who have had the card retained, so that part is non negotiable and applies to their most "valued" clients.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
Old 9 September 2018, 03:50 AM   #6
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abyss View Post

DNA swobs next?

Cut the cr*p, who puts up with an interview to buy a watch?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 9 September 2018, 03:53 AM   #7
Busyboy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshAP View Post

I guess if you have no other way (bar double price)

Were competing with each other
Old 9 September 2018, 03:55 AM   #8
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshAP View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busyboy View Post
I guess if you have no other way (bar double price)

Were competing with each other
It was Busyboy's thread several months ago that broke most of this news

Not sure of all these new details such as the interview but its consistent enough to deduce something is happening.
Closed Thread