The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 23 July 2016, 04:04 AM   #31
boost2perfection
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116520
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun_devil View Post
Sounds like a great trip and thanks for sharing the photo! I am going to Iceland with my friends this fall and was planning on wearing my Seiko 007 for hiking and the Blue Lagoon, and perhaps a GMT watch (Exp II, BLNR, or Nomos Weltzeit) for going out.

BTW, did you get a chance to check out J.S. Watch in Reykjavik?
No I didn't get to check out J.S. I did check out this very small watch shop that carried a few new Rolex DJ. Didn't see any sport watches in the store. Forgot the name of the A.D. But it was next to 66 North clothing. I stayed at the hotel across from 66 North. I was surprised that the prices were not any cheaper than the A.D. Here in NY. I guess everything is expensive in Iceland due to having everything needing to be imported in.
boost2perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2016, 05:11 AM   #32
arguetaoscar
"TRF" Member

Great picture, Luke is the man... Have dealt with him before and gives A+ service. Glad it got sorted out!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
arguetaoscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2018, 05:16 PM   #33
jsft98
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
Reviving an old post but I thought t was worth sharing my experience.

I recently visited the blue lagoon (vey nice btw) and have observed the same « stains » on the ceramic insert of my Sea Dweller, after a prolonged period in and out of the water.

Don’t panic, you can get rid of them by rubbing the insert with tooth paste and clean cloth. After few minutes rubbing and cleaning under fresh water, the stains are gone.

Hope that this tip will help other fellow Rolex ceramic owners. The watches are worth to be worn out there and enjoyed with the beautiful setting of the blue lagoon!
jsft98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2018, 06:06 PM   #34
Carry The Interest
"TRF" Member

Watch: RLX, ALS
Glad to hear it all worked out. Surprising the lagoon stuff was that resistant. Iceland is on my near-term travel list -- I'll make sure to not take any chances and leave my watch behind when we hit the lagoon!

Also - I had no clue ceramic bezel replacement is (only) $375. For some reason I assumed it would be much more costly.
Carry The Interest is offline   Reply With Quote