The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 1 November 2015, 02:37 PM   #61
SpaceWanderer
Banned

I totally welcome the ceramic upgrade. My older Tudor Sub bezel faded so badly I could barely read it, which made it basically useless for diving until it was replaced. Better parts often cost more to replace, but then with a bit of care they last much longer. Rolex builds the whole watch that way.
SpaceWanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2015, 02:45 PM   #62
Tedwin
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14010M
Quote:
Originally Posted by traf View Post
Cool gmt, but not ceramic...

Sent from my  iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
I think technically speaking its crystal is ceramic ;)
Tedwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 November 2015, 02:16 AM   #63
Goodwill63
"TRF" Member

Watch: 122613
Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Well my 16600 and 16610 both 20 plus years old and sapphire crystals have been around since 1988/9 on subs etc. And would expect these watches of having a very very much harder life than today's pampered Rolex watches.One watch in particular has done well over 600 hours underwater both salt and fresh.Yet apart from normal routine service and a few normal wearing scratches still looks good today.But did have one insert change at a cost of then £27, lost the insert pearl after a air tank gave it quite a hard wack in rough seas.If it had been a ceramic insert quite possible it would have shattered and then a very high price to replace.
Once, just once, it would be refreshing to hear a less than condescending reply from you. I know that not all of us can be the seasoned veteran of Rolex watches and diving pursuits, but that is the point of this forum, to welcome newcomers with all kinds of info regarding this hobby! I find it ironic that you have embraced technology through the use of the Internet to make your voice heard but cannot seem to get past the fact that others have embraced advanced technology in watchmaking and prefer what you do not. If I were to read an upbeat, supportive of others, positive post from you, I would do a naked handstand in Times Square wearing my ceramic 116610. Once I was arrested, I would plead with the police to be quite careful with the handcuffs as to not break my expensive, uneccessary, overthought, thin ceramic bezel.
Goodwill63 is offline   Reply With Quote