The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 10 May 2018, 08:00 PM   #1
John DSSD
"TRF" Member

Watch: Deepsea, Hulk, YM
BLNR and YM 40mm rhodium dial both discontinued

Went to visit my mum yesterday and I popped into her local AD while she was doing some shopping in town.
They had a 116719 BLRO on the window so I asked them if they are selling it for local only.
As we got talking I noticed 2018-2019 catalogue and I asked If could have one. Then manager came over gave me the latest catalogue and he said they got them on Monday and I was the first one to have one.
He then told me BLNR and YM 40 Rhodium are discontinued and Rolex has stopped making them last month And they are ringing people to come in to get their deposit refunded or have their names put on for 126710 BLRO instead.

John DSSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2018, 08:23 PM   #2
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Afraid today many ADs talk through wear the sun don't shine and the BLNR is still on the Rolex web site.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2018, 08:25 PM   #3
junamuan
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
Yup, both still on their website.
junamuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2018, 08:45 PM   #4
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by John DSSD View Post
He then told me BLNR and YM 40 Rhodium are discontinued and Rolex has stopped making them last month
Perhaps you can ask him to provide more detailed production schedules and delivery data for all the references since he seems to be in the know with Geneva
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2018, 10:22 PM   #5
peterpl
Banned

Your AD is talking out of his ass!! LOL
peterpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2018, 10:31 PM   #6
dmash
"TRF" Member

Can we auto ban any member who creates another thread claiming the BLNR is discontinued? Thanks
dmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2018, 10:33 PM   #7
dr3ws
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710BLNR 126334
That's total bull crap, I just got a call from an AD yesterday asking if I'm still interested in the YM rhodium dial
dr3ws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2018, 10:36 PM   #8
Rolexavidfan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Time will tell... ��

Go for the timepiece you love. You will save more. ...
Rolexavidfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2018, 10:42 PM   #9
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
BLNR is getting a bit of talk so there might be something here or just ADs putting BLRO and BLNR together and getting five; first I've heard of the YM and rhodium is new-ish so can't be true.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2018, 10:54 PM   #10
John DSSD
"TRF" Member

Watch: Deepsea, Hulk, YM

Well, it's definitely not on the AD website where I bought my Deepsea from and the reference number and price has been updated.

I post some pictures of 2018-2019 price list when I get home from work. The BLNR is definitely not there anymore.
John DSSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2018, 11:00 PM   #11
Ravager135
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John DSSD View Post

Well, it's definitely not on the AD website where I bought my Deepsea from and the reference number and price has been updated.

I post some pictures of 2018-2019 price list when I get home from work. The BLNR is definitely not there anymore.
Check the official Rolex website. It's there. Your AD is copying what's listed from the configurator which doesn't explicitly show the BLNR. If you engage the configurator you will see the blue/black bezel is still an option for the steel GMT-Master II. In short, they are cut and pasting an incomplete listing.
Ravager135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2018, 11:06 PM   #12
Devildog
"TRF" Member

Watch: ^^^ for now
For all those saying it’s not true *just* because it’s on Rolex.com, we (should) all know that in the past that’s not been a true reflection of actual events.

Not saying the AD is correct, but using the website alone as a reference point is not necessarily correct

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Present: 16600, 116509, Cartier Santos Green.
Devildog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2018, 11:07 PM   #13
Roger Lococco
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126719BLRO Pepsi
I believe it. A real shame though.
Roger Lococco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2018, 11:15 PM   #14
rogue828
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
Rolex is distributing the last production of inventory of the blnr which will take 3-4 month's. The U.S. is responsible for 60% of all sports model sales. Some guy at the post office told me. "let the games begin"...Time will reveal the truth..
rogue828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2018, 11:17 PM   #15
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue828 View Post
Rolex is distributing the last production of inventory of the blnr which will take 3-4 month's. The U.S. is responsible for 60% of all sports model sales. Some guy at the post office told me. "let the games begin"...Time will reveal the truth..
I would love for this to also be true regarding Subs and that’s why Supply has dwindled. For a 2019 Basel complete redesign
Old 10 May 2018, 11:20 PM   #16
dmash
"TRF" Member

Honestly I never understood the BLNR anyways. Coke? Makes sense. Pepsi? Makes sense. BLNR with ‘nighttime’ black and daytime’ blue? I guess some say ‘blue skies’ but I correlate a cool color to night.
Old 10 May 2018, 11:23 PM   #17
Zakalwe
"TRF" Member

I wonder if this thread will get to the 15 pages of this one?

15 pages and nobody was wiser at the end of it. It seems that it’s true that the BLNR is not in the latest catalogue. But it is on the website. These are facts. What they actually mean is open to speculation.

I would suggest, as others have before me that even if the current BLNR is “discontinued” it will simply reappear in near identical guise with the updated movement. I could of course be completely wrong. Only God and Rolex HQ knows.
Zakalwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2018, 11:23 PM   #18
rolexryan329
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
Honestly I never understood the BLNR anyways. Coke? Makes sense. Pepsi? Makes sense. BLNR with ‘nighttime’ black and daytime’ blue? I guess some say ‘blue skies’ but I correlate a cool color to night.
Might not make sense but it’s aesthetically pleasing and you can tell many others agree
rolexryan329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2018, 11:50 PM   #19
T01
"TRF" Member

I know the black dial WG BLRO is gone, however the BLNR is not.
T01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2018, 12:06 AM   #20
Ravager135
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
I disagree completely. The whole purpose of the bicolor bezel is to differentiate day from night hours. The sky is black at night and blue during the day. It's called the day/night bezel for this reason.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Coke and Pepsi bezel as well; but they make less sense from a functional standpoint even though we can all very easily discern which are day and night hours.
Old 11 May 2018, 12:22 AM   #21
Devildog
"TRF" Member

Watch: ^^^ for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager135 View Post
I disagree completely. The whole purpose of the bicolor bezel is to differentiate day from night hours. The sky is black at night and blue during the day. It's called the day/night bezel for this reason.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Coke and Pepsi bezel as well; but they make less sense from a functional standpoint even though we can all very easily discern which are day and night hours.
Yep - the BLNR is the ONLY Bi colour bezel that makes any "sense" in terms of its colours

Present: 16600, 116509, Cartier Santos Green.
Devildog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2018, 12:25 AM   #22
gt0279a
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them
I have several current Rolex catalogs...none contain all the current models.
Rolex Sea Dweller 126600 | Rolex Sea Dweller 116600 | Rolex Sea Dweller 16600 | Rolex Submariner 16610 | Rolex Submariner 1680
gt0279a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2018, 12:26 AM   #23
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildog View Post
Yep - the BLNR is the ONLY Bi colour bezel that makes any "sense" in terms of its colours
Maybe I just don’t ‘get it’ as I’ve never owned a bi color GMT I guess I just correlate night to cool and day to warm, so Coke makes sense
Old 11 May 2018, 12:39 AM   #24
Rolex85
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I completely agree it makes sense and my piece of evidence on this is my fiancé (who only knows what I teach her on watches as her thing is of course women shoes) was looking at my blnr and noticed the 24 hour bezel and said oh neat they made it like day and night for the 24 hours with the blue and black sky. I playfully laughed and said "no you dummy..... they made the watch for batman. its to match his suit"

but the fact that a girl knowing not a heck of a lot about watches was able to look at that and right away see day and night told me that it makes perfect sense.
Rolex85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2018, 12:39 AM   #25
rajurama
"TRF" Member

Watch: amacallit
BLNR is no more in the Master Catalog of my AD aswell. Rolex website means nothing.
Peace.
Old 11 May 2018, 12:41 AM   #26
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

I’ll go with false
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2018, 12:45 AM   #27
Alpino
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajurama View Post
BLNR is no more in the Master Catalog of my AD aswell. Rolex website means nothing.
Peace.

BLNR and YM 40mm rhodium dial both NOT discontinued .

Both appear in 2018/2019 new Master Catalog .... LN and BLNR at page 87 and YM 116622 Rhodium at page 91.
Alpino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2018, 12:45 AM   #28
RickR
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♕
Quote:
Peace.
Agree. IMO, BLNR is no more.
RickR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2018, 01:04 AM   #29
Ravager135
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Peace.
That's categorically incorrect. The 2018 Rolex master catalog contains both references as described above. Many times AD catalogs are incomplete. Sometimes even the Rolex website appears incomplete until you use the configurator and discern all the available options.

Furthermore, Rolex historically discontinues models early in the new year just prior to Basel. This is most recently reflected in the Yachtmaster and Milgauss models that were discontinued in the past couple of years. Rolex IS the only official source of information and that includes their master catalog and website which has always been reflective of available options.
Old 11 May 2018, 01:07 AM   #30
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Love the laughs in this thread, some will believe anything.
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote