The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 23 June 2018, 09:50 PM   #1
Robbyman
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona/Pepsi/Sub
UK/European Sales

There are lots of members in the UK but we are limited in sales and purchases as the forum sales are predominantly US based. Would it be possible to have a UK or European based sales area?

Many thanks,

Rob
Robbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2018, 10:35 PM   #2
thesharkfactor
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
I would love to see this please.
thesharkfactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2018, 12:09 AM   #3
Mike80
"TRF" Member

Great idea!
Mike80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2018, 09:45 AM   #4
chris_xitsas
"TRF" Member

Also in favour of this
chris_xitsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2018, 02:26 PM   #5
fleabag
"TRF" Member

Such a good idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fleabag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2018, 03:59 PM   #6
rootbeer7
"TRF" Member

This has been asked before. As this is a discussion forum, with a section for sales, I’m guessing it would add more work for the Mods.
How about UK/EU sellers title their sales with UK/EU before the watch?

UK-for sale- Rolex xxxxxxxx
Old 26 June 2018, 12:29 AM   #7
jaySL350
"TRF" Member

Watch: BBG,Hulk,16013,DJB
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesharkfactor View Post
I would love to see this please.
Have to agree with " the shark factor"
We need this badly,,,,
jaySL350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2018, 12:32 AM   #8
SpeakWithMichael
"TRF" Member

Watch: Superocean 44not42
Indeed. I'm in Spain. I would like to be able to buy and sell a bit more comfortably within Europe to the UK/EU TRFers.
SpeakWithMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2018, 09:06 AM   #9
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeakWithMichael View Post
Indeed. I'm in Spain. I would like to be able to buy and sell a bit more comfortably within Europe to the UK/EU TRFers.
Becoming a pledge member would be a good start if you want to sell here.

But as noted above, we are primarily a discussion forum with a sales section, not a selling platform with a discussion section. We won't be setting up a separate classified section for Europe, UK, Asia or any other part of the world anytime soon.
Old 26 June 2018, 09:35 AM   #10
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Or is there a set prefix that can be agreed upon so if typed into a sales search the European or British sales show up first.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2018, 10:26 AM   #11
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
Or is there a set prefix that can be agreed upon so if typed into a sales search the European or British sales show up first.
UK/European won’t be grouped together that much longer though. Bon Voyage my compadres, won’t be purchasing anymore EbayUK stuff next year, as I’ll be hit with massive import tax.
dmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2018, 10:52 AM   #12
watchtabs
"TRF" Member

Interesting. I thought this was mainly a EU forum.

watchtabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2018, 11:43 AM   #13
SpeakWithMichael
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Expat Beast View Post
Becoming a pledge member would be a good start if you want to sell here.

But as noted above, we are primarily a discussion forum with a sales section, not a selling platform with a discussion section. We won't be setting up a separate classified section for Europe, UK, Asia or any other part of the world anytime soon.
I'm quite happy to have this as a discussion platform. Perhaps you overestimated my hopes for my own benefits. In my personal case, rest assured, I don't make enough money to have more than about one possible transaction on here around every 5 or so years. But I think what many of us outside the U.S. feel is that it would be nice if when that were to happen for us, that we could simply hope to do that here on TRF within our general area of the world for convenience sake, because customs on packages to or from the U.S. have become quite tedious over the last few years, and it might open the door for some trusted sellers on other continents to offer us the opportunity of F2F and easier shipping.

We're here appreciating a fine product of UK/European origin that is sold all over the world, but the impression of that nearly curt response to what seems like a benign request makes it seem as if I or others were asking for something more impactful upon this forum that could tarnish it. We have a joke section and a pen section, but we can't entertain the idea of helping the international members seek each other out a bit more conveniently? I don't think I'm the only one left scratching my head on that particular perspective. Pledging might be more of interest if perhaps one wasn't so quick to poopoo the possibilities. What are the long-term risks of such a thing? I only see long-term benefits for the community, its membership numbers, and the joy the hobby brings to us. Perhaps I and others are hoping for greater insight as to why this cannot be with such certainty.
Old 26 June 2018, 03:55 PM   #14
rootbeer7
"TRF" Member

You won't be pledging then?
Old 26 June 2018, 04:06 PM   #15
Andad
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Quote:
I'm quite happy to have this as a discussion platform. Perhaps you overestimated my hopes for my own benefits. In my personal case, rest assured, I don't make enough money to have more than about one possible transaction on here around every 5 or so years. But I think what many of us outside the U.S. feel is that it would be nice if when that were to happen for us, that we could simply hope to do that here on TRF within our general area of the world for convenience sake, because customs on packages to or from the U.S. have become quite tedious over the last few years, and it might open the door for some trusted sellers on other continents to offer us the opportunity of F2F and easier shipping.

We're here appreciating a fine product of UK/European origin that is sold all over the world, but the impression of that nearly curt response to what seems like a benign request makes it seem as if I or others were asking for something more impactful upon this forum that could tarnish it. We have a joke section and a pen section, but we can't entertain the idea of helping the international members seek each other out a bit more conveniently? I don't think I'm the only one left scratching my head on that particular perspective. Pledging might be more of interest if perhaps one wasn't so quick to poopoo the possibilities. What are the long-term risks of such a thing? I only see long-term benefits for the community, its membership numbers, and the joy the hobby brings to us. Perhaps I and others are hoping for greater insight as to why this cannot be with such certainty.

Feel quite teary reading this.

Membership to me is pledging to support the running of the Forum.

All others are visitors with access to most of the Forum's benefits?

Your opinion may vary.

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2018, 12:36 PM   #16
sleddog
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Quote:

I think you have misread my colleagues response, or at the very least, interpreted it incorrectly..

It’s not like, “If you build it, they will come”.
It’s already built, and as a world wide forum. Membership is across the globe, just a heavier concentration in North America.
The simple fact of the matter is, there isn’t the membership numbers from that region, as compared to the membership numbers of the US. Therefore, more sellers and buyers in the US.

We are a forum of discussion, first and foremost, with a sales area as part of the experience.. We don’t stop U.K./European members from joining, or posting. Nor we do stop them from selling..

Ultimately, if a U.K. member wants to sell, he can! To make it easier for those who don’t like to scroll the countless sales, sure, put U.K. in the tittle. But to separate a sales forum into regions, will not increase sales in that area. At best, it will just make it easier for those only wanting to deal in the region, easier to find. A little leg work solves that problem.
With that said, I see sales often in the U.K, you just need to look deeper. Although admittedly, like at the U.K. Ad’s, fewer options are posted here on the boards.
So unless you can 10 fold the membership (that’s actively interested WIS), there simply isn’t a market for your request I’m sorry to say.

For now, a separated forum for those reasons, is simply not needed.

TRF's "After Dark" Bar & Nightclub Patron-Founding Member..
sleddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2018, 06:38 PM   #17
SpeakWithMichael
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleddog View Post
I think you have misread my colleagues response, or at the very least, interpreted it incorrectly..

It’s not like, “If you build it, they will come”.
It’s already built, and as a world wide forum. Membership is across the globe, just a heavier concentration in North America.
The simple fact of the matter is, there isn’t the membership numbers from that region, as compared to the membership numbers of the US. Therefore, more sellers and buyers in the US.

We are a forum of discussion, first and foremost, with a sales area as part of the experience.. We don’t stop U.K./European members from joining, or posting. Nor we do stop them from selling..

Ultimately, if a U.K. member wants to sell, he can! To make it easier for those who don’t like to scroll the countless sales, sure, put U.K. in the tittle. But to separate a sales forum into regions, will not increase sales in that area. At best, it will just make it easier for those only wanting to deal in the region, easier to find. A little leg work solves that problem.
With that said, I see sales often in the U.K, you just need to look deeper. Although admittedly, like at the U.K. Ad’s, fewer options are posted here on the boards.
So unless you can 10 fold the membership (that’s actively interested WIS), there simply isn’t a market for your request I’m sorry to say.

For now, a separated forum for those reasons, is simply not needed.
Fair enough. Thanks for the kind reply.