The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 8 July 2018, 02:22 AM   #1
Dukes
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT II
Jomashop GMT II Issues

Purchased a new GMT II from Jomashop May 2017. Its been back twice now for stopping, sticking or just completely seizing this past Mar.

Jomashop will not send me the maintenance notes or tell me what they have done to fix it?

Any advice on what to do now, currently watch runs great?

Purchased my wife a Rolex at the same time and hers is perfect. I had expected to eventually service the watch but the good deal now seems like fraud?
Old 8 July 2018, 02:26 AM   #2
Lemonvr6
"TRF" Member

I got my hulk and BLNR from them. Did you not get the original Rolex warranty card with the watch?
Old 8 July 2018, 02:29 AM   #3
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukes View Post
Purchased a new GMT II from Jomashop May 2017. Its been back twice now for stopping, sticking or just completely seizing this past Mar.

Jomashop will not send me the maintenance notes or tell me what they have done to fix it?

Purchased my wife a Rolex at the same time and hers is perfect. I had expected to eventually service the watch but the good deal now seems like fraud?
Surely that's between yourself and Jomashop and and nothing to do with this forum or any advice from members..

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
Old 8 July 2018, 02:29 AM   #4
WAK4
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Always changing
Issue with buying from them is it is not a Rolex warranty and only a jomashop warranty.

Too late now, enjoy the watch.
Old 8 July 2018, 02:30 AM   #5
Dukes
"TRF" Member

Received the box, no warranty card. As advertised by Jomashop, believe this is how they sell most Rolex watches.
Old 8 July 2018, 02:31 AM   #6
Dukes
"TRF" Member

Seems odd that a store can sell a product that is/maybe faulty and their is no recourse?
Old 8 July 2018, 02:33 AM   #7
goog53
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex-Patek-AP
Sorry friend and I am not trying to be harsh but You get what you pay for. If it doesnt have a warranty card I dont even consider it. Fingers crossed for You

"The best watch in the world is the one that's on your wrist." Morgan King

"Do you like having a good time? Then you need a good watch!" Rocky Balboa
Old 8 July 2018, 02:38 AM   #8
Dukes
"TRF" Member

OK, I get the you're screwed although I suspect there is always another way. Hoping for a success story from someone who has had to deal with Jomashop before I try any other approaches.
Old 8 July 2018, 02:46 AM   #9
Lemonvr6
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAK4 View Post
Issue with buying from them is it is not a Rolex warranty and only a jomashop warranty.

Too late now, enjoy the watch.

Mine came with them
Old 8 July 2018, 02:47 AM   #10
Dukes
"TRF" Member

OK, thats good to know, the two I bought from them did not have the warranty card. but were new, with the box?
Old 8 July 2018, 02:48 AM   #11
RJK
"TRF" Member

Watch: Out for that tree!
Quote:

The risk you take with places like Joma is that you give up the factory warranty for a cheaper initial purchase price. The theory being that the chances of needing a warranty are low vs. the savings you get in the purchase price...so it's a gamble.

With that said, anything mechanical can break. Comparing your watch to your wifes is proof of that. You could have just as easily gotten two perfectly good watches.

My suggestion is to send your watch to a Rolex Service Center (RSC) for any service. If a part needs to be replaced, Jomashop can't do it. Rolex won't provide them parts to fix it. Many watch brands with in-house movements do the same thing.

Personally, I don't think it's fraud on Joma's part. You took a risk and it didn't work out on this particular watch. It's not like they're purposely selling broken/damaged watches. The savings you initially kept may well be spent through future out of pocket non-warranty RSC service. Hopefully if Rolex does ever work on your watch, Jomashop hasn't done anything to it that would keep them even working on your watch. I believe Rolex generally just won't honor the warranty, but since you don't have one, I think they'll just charge you whatever it takes to service/repair your watch.

Since you said your watch is working correctly now, I hope it stays that way.

Wear it in good health.

Rolex SD 126600, Seiko Golden Tuna SBBN 040, PAM 579, JLC Master Compressor Diving Chrono GMT NS in Yellow, DSSD, Sinn U1000S, Doxa T-Graph, Doxa 750 Caribbean, PAM 190 "8-Days", PAM 162,TT DJ (Left to me by Dad)
Old 8 July 2018, 02:50 AM   #12
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

If watch runs great: You do nothing.
Old 8 July 2018, 02:52 AM   #13
uniqueMR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: P A T E K
Personally, I never buy watches from Gray Market or Online. I rather wait and buy from AD. Plus build a relationship with AD.
Old 8 July 2018, 02:55 AM   #14
Dukes
"TRF" Member

RJK...

Sound advice! Yes I took the risk so I can still use the savings from both to get this one squared away. Knowing Jomashop cannot get parts from Rolex may be the key here.

I like the watch when it runs...All of my TH's have worked well with service every 5 years, I assume the same can be expected from a good Rolex.

Still holding out for someone who has dealt with Jomashop for a new Rolex that required maintenance right off the bat.....
Old 8 July 2018, 02:57 AM   #15
Dukes
"TRF" Member

Yep....That is one option and if I can't get this worked out with Jomashop I have already found multiple local Rolex authorized shops.

Once I get to the point of needing a Rolex shop I'll be looking for advice on how to pick one!
Old 8 July 2018, 03:01 AM   #16
c41006
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pelagos
To be fair you bought the watch without warranty.

How much time went by between the time you bought the watch and the first issues? If it was broken when you got it, that’s one thing but if you wore it for a time before having issues you’re on your own.

The worst case scenario is you send it to RSC for a full service and get back a well sorted watch that you can enjoy for many many years. Not the end of the world.
Old 8 July 2018, 03:01 AM   #17
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
If watch runs great: You do nothing.
^^^Bing...the winner. As long as it runs in spec, what do you care??? You already conceded not to go with a Rolex with full papers so enjoy the watch.
Old 8 July 2018, 03:07 AM   #18
0alpha
Banned

Jomashop prices aren't cheaper than the Trusted Dealers here on Rolexes. Should have purchased the watch from DavidSW, Takuya, Sohais, etc etc and used the warranty with RSC if anything came up.
Old 8 July 2018, 03:08 AM   #19
MinMay
Banned

life is not complicated...people make it complicated :)
Old 8 July 2018, 03:12 AM   #20
jeffgo888
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: me disappear into
Heard bad stories about Jomashop. Of course, you will not get the Rolex card from them. I suggest going the RSC route and gettting it fixed
meanwhile, try some legal means to get them to pay for this issue.
Don't settle since you paid good money for this

Old 8 July 2018, 03:20 AM   #21
DahMan
Banned

I dont have a problem, if today I went Grey or on line to buy a Rolex. I also think today you would be paying more, than less, for the watch. My two Rolex purchases were thru an AD, but I don’t believe there is a relationship with the AD, other than a business transaction, and it’s nice to have a sense of security and protection in the purchase you made.
But today, the only place you can buy a Rolex SS watch or Daytona is the Grey market , if you want it right now, and I can’t hang back and wait for something, I want it right now.
I would probably purchase from the sellers on this Forum, which is an excellent resource.
My point is, I don’t believe there to be a sacred AD relationship. Maybe it’s my AD, maybe it’s me.
Old 8 July 2018, 03:21 AM   #22
D O C
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 116710LN
If they are new I don't understand why you don't have the warranty card. Seems kind of shady somehow. But what do I know.

But I think I understand where you're coming from. You've already had your watch worked on twice in a year. You're concerned if your watch will be good past the warranty or will it break again. And you're wife's watch as well. I think at this point you only deal with RSC for any work needed. After the warranty expires its what you'll have to do anyway right?

Old 8 July 2018, 03:21 AM   #23
GreatScott
"TRF" Member

Maybe it is time to forget joma’s service and just bite the bullet and pay for an actual RSC service. You get a warranty with that. Yep, it sucks to pay for it, but at least it is done right and since you paid less than retail your total out of pocket is still probably going to be ok.
Old 8 July 2018, 03:22 AM   #24
xspect
"TRF" Member

Jomashop GMT II Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniqueMR View Post
Personally, I never buy watches from Gray Market or Online. I rather wait and buy from AD. Plus build a relationship with AD.

Only thing with that philosophy. Rolex has eliminated over 150 AD’s in the last two years.

My local ad had its Rolex dealership pulled after 20 years of service. They never had a problem moving watches. So all the money I spend over the years doesn’t help me one bit in getting a Rolex. But it helps if I want to trade in my wife ring for something with a bigger stone. That would of course creep into my watch budget. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 8 July 2018, 03:26 AM   #25
eco8gator
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5060/a
Return it for a refund...unless it's a Batman( send to RSC and bite the bullet)

They we're supposed to sell you a watch in good working order and it just isn't working. They are just playing you until their in-house guarantee is past...

If they don't play nice get your credit card company I'm the loop and see if they can help you out. They may re-credit you after providing proof of return.
Old 8 July 2018, 03:27 AM   #26
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
Quote:

Nothing wrong with seeking to understand from Jomashop, but expecting them to make you the exception is a bit rich.

Since you’re a Rolex owner now, use RSC and forget the Joma warranty exists. That’s what I did with a jump through hoops warranty experience from them.
Old 8 July 2018, 03:29 AM   #27
Lemonvr6
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffgo888 View Post
Heard bad stories about Jomashop. Of course, you will not get the Rolex card from them. I suggest going the RSC route and gettting it fixed
meanwhile, try some legal means to get them to pay for this issue.
Don't settle since you paid good money for this

You can get the cards. I got the cards. Maybe we can play less telephone here.
Old 8 July 2018, 03:31 AM   #28
eco8gator
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5060/a
The unfortunate truth for most of us common folk. I wish I had the same baller status that HL65 has considering he got first on both Ceramic Daytona types and a Ceramic Pepsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DahMan View Post
I dont have a problem, if today I went Grey or on line to buy a Rolex. I also think today you would be paying more, than less, for the watch. My two Rolex purchases were thru an AD, but I don’t believe there is a relationship with the AD, other than a business transaction, and it’s nice to have a sense of security and protection in the purchase you made.
But today, the only place you can buy a Rolex SS watch or Daytona is the Grey market , if you want it right now, and I can’t hang back and wait for something, I want it right now.
I would probably purchase from the sellers on this Forum, which is an excellent resource.
My point is, I don’t believe there to be a sacred AD relationship. Maybe it’s my AD, maybe it’s me.
Old 8 July 2018, 03:35 AM   #29
Dukes
"TRF" Member

All good advice, especially the stuff about I'm an idiot those are super helpful!

I'm going to run out the Jomashop warranty while looking for an authorized service location. I hear that loud and clear. Oddly no one has suggested selling it? Anyone in CO, FL, TX or VA that can recommend a service location, I'm in all those locations on a regular basis.

I'm still under the impression that if the watch was sold and required repair within 3 months then again the 2nd time within a year it might be a Lemon or have a lemon part? That is where I still believe Jomashop has an obligation to replace the part or the watch but hey that's just my opinion.

Still hoping to hear from anyone who has dealt with Jomashop for a warranty or found out the right way to get them to at least provide maintenance notes...
Old 8 July 2018, 03:36 AM   #30
Dukes
"TRF" Member

Chewbacca....Thanks sounds like you had a similar Jomashop experience.
Closed Thread