The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 9 July 2018, 10:50 AM   #61
Lemonvr6
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK View Post
For those asking abt the warranty card...a card whether it came with your (gray market) watch or not means nothing unless it’s stamped and dated by an AD.

I know this is common knowledge to a lot of folks here, but it seemed like others were confused, so there ya go.
I requested the cards and got them with AD info and my name on them

What’s the point of repeating hearsay? I have no investment in Joma but it gets old reading incorrect info
Old 9 July 2018, 11:01 AM   #62
GMTmatt
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 Pepsi
For what it’s worth I called Joma Shop inquiring if their new Rolex’s come with the warranty card. The person I spoke with said not all of them have the warranty card but you can inquire about it with a specific watch before purchase. If they have the warranty card for that particular watch they would send after their 30 day return period had ended.
Old 9 July 2018, 11:21 AM   #63
N5XTC
"TRF" Member

Watch: 2008 Submariner
Icon20

Quote:
Originally Posted by webprotege View Post
“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”
– Benjamin Franklin
and he was way ahead of his time as they did not have internet back then!
Old 9 July 2018, 11:50 AM   #64
Nikrnic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blnr, Expll, Subs,
Good question, I don't know the answer but they give you their jomashop warranty
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJGESQ View Post
So why is it you don't get a warranty card?
Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 9 July 2018, 11:52 AM   #65
RJK
"TRF" Member

Watch: Out for that tree!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonvr6 View Post
I requested the cards and got them with AD info and my name on them

What’s the point of repeating hearsay? I have no investment in Joma but it gets old reading incorrect info
Good for you. Clearly that’s not the case with the majority of the folks posting to include the AD.

“Hearsay”, no...I’m passing on my own experiences. “Incorrect” info?...why because it differs from your own experience...which makes my own automatically wrong, right? WOW!!

I’ve bought less expensive watches from them in the past, but still consider them along with other gray dealers, TRF TS, Chrono24, and my own contacts before any piece over $2-3K. They’ve had competitive prices on the last few pieces I’ve hunted for but in each case, there was no way to get a factory warranty. I’m taking abt brands such as Panerai, Rolex, and JLC.

Rolex SD 126600, Seiko Golden Tuna SBBN 040, PAM 579, JLC Master Compressor Diving Chrono GMT NS in Yellow, DSSD, Sinn U1000S, Doxa T-Graph, Doxa 750 Caribbean, PAM 190 "8-Days", PAM 162,TT DJ (Left to me by Dad)
Old 9 July 2018, 12:04 PM   #66
Lemonvr6
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Good for you. Clearly that’s not the case with the majority of the folks posting to include the AD.

“Hearsay”, no...I’m passing on my own experiences. “Incorrect” info?...why because it differs from your own experience...which makes my own automatically wrong, right? WOW!!
Quote:
Gray dealers obviously aren’t ADs, and although TS types can often times get you the total package without being an AD, big box dealers like Joma won’t sell it that way because their source (AD) and possibly Jomashop would get in trouble, and that means lost business and a ruined source for watches.
Since this isn't actually true, it's reasonable to label it as incorrect, no?
Old 9 July 2018, 12:47 PM   #67
maylebox
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
Because we’re not jerks, and that’s a low move, now, maybe.

Amirite?

I think we'd only be jerks if we suggested that you sell it without full disclosure of the prior issues. It's a late model Rolex currently working fine but required and received service outside of Rolex. Someone will surely take it off your hands. The only question is at what price.

Good luck. I hope it all works out.
Old 9 July 2018, 06:02 PM   #68
jstan9
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavlos View Post
Take to Rsc and pay for service. They will soon set your watch straight. Sorry brother this is why Rolex give you garantee of a straight watch when you buy from AD. Next time be patient you will get your prestine AD watch. Also the RSC will confirm the movement was originaly supplied for your watch. Do it properly for peace of mind. Grey market sometimes supply wrong watch box with watches and if a watch had been faulty in the past they swap movements to make sale that day. Do it righ take to RSC who will tell you if watch been messed with.
I’ve bought from ADs and from TRF trusted seller, DavidSW. OP, David and I assume the other trusted sellers here on trf tell you explicitly whether or not the watch you buy comes with box, papers, and warranty card, and which may not (past warranty). You don’t have to go to an AD. You should, though, stick only to trusted sellers here, for the you’re discussing.

Now, if the watch you’re buying comes with a sellers in house warranty, that’s where I draw the line exactly for this reason. If something isn’t right, you’ve got only the seller to sort it out. And that’s a risk I’d prefer not to take.

The other thing is I sense there is confusion about the RSC. OP, you don’t necessarily need a shop, you can send your watch to the excellent Rolex service center in Dallas. As others have written, they’ll fix it with a full service and give you a new warranty.

Last edited by jstan9; 9 July 2018 at 06:12 PM.. Reason: Typos
Old 9 July 2018, 10:16 PM   #69
RJK
"TRF" Member

Watch: Out for that tree!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonvr6 View Post
Since this isn't actually true, it's reasonable to label it as incorrect, no?
Obviously it’s not “true” for you but it is for me and many others here, my statements are correct. Essentially calling me a liar for that is saying more about you than me. You experience thus far is an N=1.

Since you’re so knowledgeable, and I’m passing on incorrect/hearsay information, why don’t you take the time to write more than a sentence to the members here and educate us with specifics regarding your purchase.

Either way, I’ve passed on my experiences, “Believe It or Not”

Rolex SD 126600, Seiko Golden Tuna SBBN 040, PAM 579, JLC Master Compressor Diving Chrono GMT NS in Yellow, DSSD, Sinn U1000S, Doxa T-Graph, Doxa 750 Caribbean, PAM 190 "8-Days", PAM 162,TT DJ (Left to me by Dad)
Closed Thread