The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 28 May 2008, 12:53 AM   #1
ricnas1

Watch: GMT II
I've been maligned....

you guys can read abt it here....

http://forums.watchnet.com/index.php...725#msg_210120

i do not want to post further, less i provoke him even more....

but i want to come clean and let you guys know that i am acknowledging the fact that this is happening.... rather than pretend by keeping mum....

what wld you guys have done.... ?

just deeply saddened and disappointed to the core.....

any comments, constructive or not are welcome....
ricnas1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2008, 01:15 AM   #2
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

Which of his watches did you buy?

One thing's for sure there was no right on your behalf to moan about customs/duty unless the seller had specifically promised that he would reimburse you for such.
Old 28 May 2008, 01:17 AM   #3
roadcarver
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16600
The customs duties would be your responsibility. Personally, from my experiencing in purching older watches ( I learned the hard way), I would have asked for macro pictures of the hands and dial since the vintages esp with Tritium can easily have wear on the hands and flaking.

You could have asked for service history as well and factor in the cost of servicing with your offer.

Just my two cents.
Old 28 May 2008, 01:24 AM   #4
Terry Newton
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex TT GMT II c
Nas:

I am sorry this has happened to you. I also am saddened that sometimes, no matter what we do, or don't do, someone is bound to be unhappy and try to smear our good name, character, well-being. It's no wonder wars are fought all in the good deal of lack of diplomacy and misunderstandings of culture, differences, beliefs, values and ideologies. It's amazing that underlying all of this our needs are really the same; to feel worthwhile and important in ours and other's eyes.

I hope this has a happy ending though I doubt you will be dealing with this seller ever again.

Peace.

Terry Newton

"Z" SS Date Submariner
"Z" TT GMT-Master IIc
Terry Newton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2008, 01:26 AM   #5
ricnas1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshwatchman View Post
Which of his watches did you buy?

One thing's for sure there was no right on your behalf to moan about customs/duty unless the seller had specifically promised that he would reimburse you for such.
i understand... this was addressed (emphasised more so by me) before the watch was shipped over.... i even offered to split the costs... he did say something cld be worked out and that he was trying his best to make me happy, though maybe he didnt specifically replied abt the taxes.... maybe i just thot that he wld....

i've never had such a problem with other sellers, they understood my requirements, payment was prompt (as was with this transaction) from my side and delivery was immediate from theirs.

a bitter experience... more so after having seen my name and country posted so blatantly....
Old 28 May 2008, 01:34 AM   #6
ricnas1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Newton View Post
Nas:

I am sorry this has happened to you. I also am saddened that sometimes, no matter what we do, or don't do, someone is bound to be unhappy and try to smear our good name, character, well-being. It's no wonder wars are fought all in the good deal of lack of diplomacy and misunderstandings of culture, differences, beliefs, values and ideologies. It's amazing that underlying all of this our needs are really the same; to feel worthwhile and important in ours and other's eyes.

I hope this has a happy ending though I doubt you will be dealing with this seller ever again.

Peace.

Terry Newton
i'll never put myself across as being totally innocent in this episode..... i mean blame shld be shared.... i just wanted to put the episode behind me and get on with it when i chanced upon the posting....

all over usd250 and over a usd3,500 purchase, i didnt push him at point-blank to pay-pal me the amount.... if he didnt want to.... he neednt have and definitely to to have stabbed me in the back without first addressing the episode between ourselves...... and within 2 weeks of having rcvd the watch.

but the blatant posting of name and country... its well, traumatic to say the least...
Old 28 May 2008, 01:39 AM   #7
ricnas1

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadcarver View Post
The customs duties would be your responsibility. Personally, from my experiencing in purching older watches ( I learned the hard way), I would have asked for macro pictures of the hands and dial since the vintages esp with Tritium can easily have wear on the hands and flaking.

You could have asked for service history as well and factor in the cost of servicing with your offer.

Just my two cents.
yes agreed, maybe i was too hasty... but in his emails he did say the watch is running great... maybe just too trusting....

customs duties is definitely my responsibilty.... i just had my platty come in.. mind u, thats double the price of the gmt that i got.... so u can imagine the taxes.... but i duly paid cos we addressed the issues in length and the invoices and papers were all proper.... and i'm a happy buyer and platty owner....

i'm not sure if another someone wld buy the watch at the state... but i sure wldnt sell it off to keep my as* free...
Old 28 May 2008, 01:45 AM   #8
roadcarver
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16600
Sometimes emotions gets the best of us. We usually buy emotion and justify with logic.

My DateJust 16030 was at that state (tritium hands had wear), and dial had some staining due to age. I pulled the trigger without going into detail much, but that was my fault. I've learned at some cost on my part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricnas1 View Post
yes agreed, maybe i was too hasty... but in his emails he did say the watch is running great... maybe just too trusting....

customs duties is definitely my responsibilty.... i just had my platty come in.. mind u, thats double the price of the gmt that i got.... so u can imagine the taxes.... but i duly paid cos we addressed the issues in length and the invoices and papers were all proper.... and i'm a happy buyer and platty owner....

i'm not sure if another someone wld buy the watch at the state... but i sure wldnt sell it off to keep my as* free...
Old 28 May 2008, 02:01 AM   #9
mfer
"TRF" Member

My 2 cents.

Overall, this sucks, but communication is the key.

Communication before ANY payment is sent. The seller made it sound like he was going to report the value to customs all the way. Were you mislead or you just assumed? Depending on that, then you agree to pay customs or avoid the watch.

If the seller doesn't say something about paying shipping, customs, etc, I always assume that I will be paying for shipping, customs, etc. I mean that is a BIG selling point and I would think the seller would mention the freebies he is giving away, like that.
member#3242
mfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2008, 11:25 AM   #10
rpryan55
"TRF" Member

Watch: SubND,DD,SSDaytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Newton View Post
Nas:

Peace.

Terry Newton
Beautifully said, Terry. X2
rpryan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2008, 11:39 AM   #11
gmt master x

Watch: 70 s gmt master.

I feel for you, 250 and he is gone, it could have been worse,
i only sell with in the usa,
my last auction was blown at the last second by a scam bidder named peaches from nigeria.
Just have to roll with it sometimes.
gmt master x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2008, 12:40 PM   #12
ricnas1

thks for the comments guys....

the blatant posting of name and country is causing me great distress.... plus attacks on personal character.... man i didnt know i cld come across as impertinent over a few emails...

he's punched below the belt.... i dont see why i shld give him a pat on the back by returning the cash.... or shld i....?
Old 28 May 2008, 01:04 PM   #13
2careless
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pepsi
Mate, I'm sorry to see things degenerate like this.
Maybe you can send all your correspondences to a mod over there and get them to ajudicate or what. I hope they would deal with it in a impartial manner.
2careless is offline   Reply With Quote