The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 22 November 2018, 06:02 AM   #1
wheaton26
"TRF" Member

Icon4 WARNING: Someone impersonating Sam Hui (Valle de Joux) ...

hello, i received the following e-mail today ...

Chris,

Hope all is well. I was wondering if you would be interested in a black dial Daytona 116520 SS V series in MINT condition w/box and complete papers. My cousin shipped me the watches for me to sell for him. I guess he ran into some money problems (loosing one of his homes) and needs it sold urgently. He is only looking to get $8,000 which is a great deal for this particular piece. I don't need anymore Daytonas at the moment or I would add it to my collection. The watch is practically brand new. Also have a Zeitwerk in white gold for $39k, Omega Aqua Terra 150m/ Stainless steel case with a rose gold bezel on a brown alligator leather strap for $4,700, AP Royal Oak Volcano for $15k and a AP panda dial for $16k that I'm selling for my relative as well. The prices are marked low because my relative is losing one of his properties and needs to come up with a large sum of cash asap.
Let me know if your interested. I won't be making a single dollar on any of these. My relative told me to sell them for the prices I have them listed for so they sell fast. Figured I will email some friends and recent /old clients of mine that are in my email list before listing them.

Regards,

Sam

614-908-1161

he is using the e-mail address mr.shui07@gmail.com and the real sam's e-mail is mr_shui@hotmail.com. i spoke to the real sam and he confirmed that this is not him and he does not have these watches for sale. i now see that he has tried this with others as well. i was able to string the seller along and get the following personal information below. be safe out there!

Name:
Victor Cepeda
1-614-908-1161

Bank:
Bank Of America
100 North Tyron St.
Charlotte, NC 28255
USA
1-704-386-5681

Account #:
8981-0226-4040

Routing #:
026-009-593

SWIFT:
BOFAUS3N
wheaton26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2018, 06:41 AM   #2
Valle de Joux
2024 Pledge Member

Thanks, Chris for the head's up! These unscrupulous thieves need to be caught and turned into the proper authorities! Do your homework before buying from ANYONE on the internet these days; ask for references, ask for a phone number and search for feedback on any seller before you send any money!!
Valle de Joux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2018, 06:48 AM   #3
superstarmar
Banned

Watch: my wrist presence
How Demented can some people be ???
It's just wrong.... WOW!!!!

Glad he was found out before any damage was done.
superstarmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2018, 05:56 PM   #4
patrolmi
"TRF" Member

And then there is a "Victor Cepeda" who died a couple years ago, so that's probably how the bank account is set up--- stealing the name of a somewhat recently deceased sudden death person... I'm surprised with the KYC stuff in place, banks like BOA can still be part of scams too.
patrolmi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mr.shui07@gmail.com , victor cepeda