The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 25 January 2016, 01:43 AM   #31
Puffin
"TRF" Member

I'm terribly sorry if you don't believe this is the same watch, but mapalfa posted a couple of screen shots with correspondence with David as well as the order confirmation if you follow that photobucket link I think you can see the other pictures as well. I apologize entirely for my forum inability. The warranty card is yet to arrive David told me it would come next week. I don't believe you can see the serial in David's original posting I will happily list it if that is something normal to do.

Thank you for all your help I'm not trying to stir up controversy and I hope the order documentation would be enough to validate that.
Puffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2016, 01:55 AM   #32
Puffin
"TRF" Member

Also have the PayPal confirmation for the same amount in the listing plus the fee if that's required to expel further doubt that I purchased it from him.

Thank you.
Old 25 January 2016, 02:00 AM   #33
pandrew6l
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
I'm terribly sorry if you don't believe this is the same watch, but mapalfa posted a couple of screen shots with correspondence with David as well as the order confirmation if you follow that photobucket link I think you can see the other pictures as well. I apologize entirely for my forum inability. The warranty card is yet to arrive David told me it would come next week. I don't believe you can see the serial in David's original posting I will happily list it if that is something normal to do.

Thank you for all your help I'm not trying to stir up controversy and I hope the order documentation would be enough to validate that.
Why would the warranty card "yet to arrive David told me it would come next week" ? I did a few transactions with DAVIDSW in the past, warranty cards were always included in the package, if the watch has one.
pandrew6l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2016, 02:02 AM   #34
Puffin
"TRF" Member

I appreciate your skepticism and expect no less, there is an email from his exact address in the listing stating it will arrive this coming week. Following an inquiry I had.
Old 25 January 2016, 02:56 AM   #35
mjclark32
"TRF" Member

Watch: IWC, Rolex, AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffin View Post

Mags look different to me, but if it did come from David you'll be fine and have nothing to worry about. Just email him your concerns and all will be well
Old 25 January 2016, 09:32 AM   #36
Dashimmy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
Add says card is signed and dated but your picture of corespondent said it was having your name put on it? Why not do it before David sent it? I'm not Matlock but this don't add up?
Dashimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2016, 11:13 AM   #37
dera
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashimmy View Post
Add says card is signed and dated but your picture of corespondent said it was having your name put on it? Why not do it before David sent it? I'm not Matlock but this don't add up?
All the sellers here use template sales ads, wouldn't be the first time when there are inaccuracies in the sales ads.
dera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2016, 11:16 AM   #38
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
I do not understand why another member would have screenshots of your email correspondence and pictures of your watch. If it came from David it is real.
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2016, 11:27 AM   #39
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Quote:
Originally Posted by dera View Post
All the sellers here use template sales ads, wouldn't be the first time when there are inaccuracies in the sales ads.
All? Really? It happens, and sellers have been dealt with for doing it, but to say "all" is just wrong.

According to the rules:

"Pics of the actual item being listed must be posted along with the ad".

"Any item listed must be legally owned by you and in your possession at the time you list it."

If anyone sees any sales ads breaking these rules, they can just hit the report button (the exclamation mark in the triangle) below the seller's avatar.
Old Expat Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2016, 11:33 AM   #40
Puffin
"TRF" Member

The screenshots posted were from the photobucket album that the original two photos came from which is public.
Old 25 January 2016, 11:35 AM   #41
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:
"All" of them don't do it. That's a broad statement to make. A template for the verbal part sure I can understand that. Please read below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Expat Beast View Post
All? Really? It happens, and sellers have been dealt with for doing it, but to say "all" is just wrong.

According to the rules:

"Pics of the actual item being listed must be posted along with the ad".

"Any item listed must be legally owned by you and in your possession at the time you list it."

If anyone sees any sales ads breaking these rules, they can just hit the report button (the exclamation mark in the triangle) below the seller's avatar.
Spot on Adam.
Old 25 January 2016, 11:39 AM   #42
Puffin
"TRF" Member

I will simply operate under the assumption that it is real and see it I can get the crystal replaced, payment was via PayPal to dsworlando@gmail.com global acquisitions of Orlando inc. to the best of my knowledge this appears to be the correct Davidsw and I will post again following receipt of the warranty card as well as after taking it to a local AD
Old 25 January 2016, 01:45 PM   #43
dera
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Expat Beast View Post
Sorry, I meant the written part. Every big seller obviously uses their own generic template sales ad that is edited to suit the watch in sale, with variable success rate. I did not mean to imply all sellers post archive images. In this case perhaps the customer was sent another watch that they also had in stock, since I do maintain my opinion the watch in the sales ad pics is not the one customer received or posted pics of.
Old 25 January 2016, 01:49 PM   #44
Old Expat Beast

Quote:
Sorry, I meant the written part. Every big seller obviously uses their own generic template sales ad that is edited to suit the watch in sale, with variable success rate. I did not mean to imply all sellers post archive images. In this case perhaps the customer was sent another watch that they also had in stock, since I do maintain my opinion the watch in the sales ad pics is not the one customer received or posted pics of.
Ok, got it.
Old 25 January 2016, 01:49 PM   #45
dera
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman View Post
"All" of them don't do it. That's a broad statement to make. A template for the verbal part sure I can understand that. Please read below.

Spot on Adam.
Yes I meant the verbal part, my mistake for not being more clear about what I meant. It would explain the discrepancy between what is said in the sales ad (named and dated card) and what apparently actually happened (card shipped separately w customers name in it).

Im guessing DSW sold a few of those pieces at around the same time, and sourced a new one to the other customer. Will be interesting to see when the card is dated when the OP receives it.
Old 25 January 2016, 03:13 PM   #46
DAVIDSW
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
2024 DATEJUST41 Sponsor & Boutique Seller

Watch: 1655 EXP
Thank you Adam for bringing this thread to my attention

Just to clarify the situation

(Puffin) purchased the 116234 White Roman directly through my website last weekend. In this specific instance the watch had been sold a few days prior and was not removed from the site. When the order came through we realized the error and sourced another watch to fulfill the order that was placed.
It was sent directly to (Puffin) a few days later and this post was the first time I had seen the mag issue.
I have already contacted (Puffin) this evening and let him know we will replace his watch with a new one with the correct mag.

All of my posts made on TRF show exact watches listed for sale and I do not use a "Template". If we have 5 of an item we will shoot the same watch 5 times every time a different one is listed for sale.
This specific 116234 was last listed in November 2015 so it was not currently being listed on the for sale section

Thank you
Old 25 January 2016, 03:20 PM   #47
Old Expat Beast

Thanks David
Old 25 January 2016, 03:33 PM   #48
dera
"TRF" Member

This explains it. Just what I thought had happened.
Old 25 January 2016, 03:45 PM   #49
crowncollection
"TRF" Member

Great to hear both sides for once. Seems it's all worked out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 25 January 2016, 04:29 PM   #50
Andad

Watch: A few.
David, was Puffin contacted prior to being sent a substitute watch?

Was there a reason that the warranty card wasn't sent with the watch?

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2016, 10:00 PM   #51
DAVIDSW
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
2024 DATEJUST41 Sponsor & Boutique Seller

Watch: 1655 EXP
Quote:
Originally Posted by directioneng View Post
David, was Puffin contacted prior to being sent a substitute watch?

Was there a reason that the warranty card wasn't sent with the watch?
1) He was not. He purchased an unworn watch with plastics in place. We sent him the same except did not know about the low mag prior.

2) Some of our suppliers do this. They send separate a week later. Their policy
Old 25 January 2016, 10:25 PM   #52
cdmorenot

Watch: Rolex & Omega
It kills me to see that anything from David ended up on the "watchout" section regardless of circumstances but if anyone takes the time to read to the entire thread they will realize that this is just an example of the outstanding customer support offered by him and his team.

If we were to vote, I'd be in favor of expunging this thread or burying it in the depths of the interwebs just because some people may give up after the second post.
Old 25 January 2016, 10:54 PM   #53
ViperB
2024 Pledge Member

David has one of the best customer service and stands behind his watches.
ViperB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2016, 11:38 PM   #54
Puffin
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmorenot View Post
It kills me to see that anything from David ended up on the "watchout" section regardless of circumstances but if anyone takes the time to read to the entire thread they will realize that this is just an example of the outstanding customer support offered by him and his team.

If we were to vote, I'd be in favor of expunging this thread or burying it in the depths of the interwebs just because some people may give up after the second post.
I was contacted by David yesterday and I will be happy to support the removal, I really was trying my best to keep the name out of the thread, was genuinely just trying to gauge the magnification but didn't realize people would be under the impression that it was a fake. In the end David is more than willing to send a replacement watch which is above and beyond customer service to me.
Old 26 January 2016, 12:13 AM   #55
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

There's no need to purge this thread.

What we learned from this thread was that on occasion, DavidSW will have a watch sent directly from his supplier(s). This is fine providing the source of the enquiry was not a TRF listing, in which case it would be a clear violation of the rules.

It's the resolution of the issue that is the key here.

DavidSW seems to have been slightly less than 100% in the communication process up to the delivery of the watch; that it would not be inspected by him and that the card would follow in due course.

Apart from that, it seems that his customer service will prove to be outstanding when it counts.

There are a couple of other sellers that I can well imagine would be less than sterling in the actions should the problem have been in their laps.
Old 26 January 2016, 12:25 AM   #56
pandrew6l

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVIDSW View Post
1) He was not. He purchased an unworn watch with plastics in place. We sent him the same except did not know about the low mag prior.

2) Some of our suppliers do this. They send separate a week later. Their policy

I am surprised to see someone with your high standard and good name take unnecessary risks:

- not notifying a customer for a substitution

- trusting a third party doing the right thing without checks
pandrew6l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2016, 12:33 AM   #57
Fjweld
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570, 1601,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshwatchman View Post
There's no need to purge this thread.

What we learned from this thread was that on occasion, DavidSW will have a watch sent directly from his supplier(s). This is fine providing the source of the enquiry was not a TRF listing, in which case it would be a clear violation of the rules.

It's the resolution of the issue that is the key here.

DavidSW seems to have been slightly less than 100% in the communication process up to the delivery of the watch; that it would not be inspected by him and that the card would follow in due course.

Apart from that, it seems that his customer service will prove to be outstanding when it counts.

There are a couple of other sellers that I can well imagine would be less than sterling in the actions should the problem have been in their laps.
Agreed on every part, and very eloquently stated to boot. I do not feel it's necessary to bury the thread
Fjweld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2016, 07:52 AM   #58
andrewd
"TRF" Member

Good too see that DSW will make it right, but clearly not a pleasant buying experience for the buyer. I would be livid if I received a Rolex with that cyclops.
andrewd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2016, 10:30 AM   #59
mcjca
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Sub, BB GMT
I know David is legit and seems to always provide excellent customer service but I feel he should have contacted to purchaser to let him know and should have verified the watch prior to sending it out. Shocked to hear Rolex is having these QC issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
mcjca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2016, 10:32 AM   #60
mcjca
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Sub, BB GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandrew6l View Post
I am surprised to see someone with your high standard and good name take unnecessary risks:

- not notifying a customer for a substitution

- trusting a third party doing the right thing without checks

Agreed. Seems careless.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
mcjca is offline   Reply With Quote