The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 3 May 2020, 01:59 AM   #1
TimeAZ
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & Tudor
Icon5 On the fence for Seamaster 300m... too big for 6.5 inch wrist?

Hi everyone. Lately I've been going back-and-forth on the Seamaster 300m, really looks like a great daily diver and I'm thinking would be a great addition to my small collection. However, I have relatively small wrists (6.5 inch circumference) and I'm not sure how it would fit. Under normal circumstances I'd try one on at a boutique but that option is off the table for the foreseeable future.

What is the general consensus about the Seamaster 300m for a 6.5 inch wrist?? I've read that it wears a little smaller and seen some photos on this forum and elsewhere, but I wanted to see what more experienced watch enthusiasts have to say about it. And for anyone who owns this piece and has a similar wrist, how do you like the fit??? (Photos would also be appreciated )

I think the lug-to-lug would probably sit reasonable well given that my wrist has a fairly flat / cylinder-like shape. For reference, I have a Tudor BB58 and it fits perfectly. I really love the Tudor, but would like to try some color variation too. Another major reason I am interested in the Omega is the microadjustment on the metal bracelet is easily within the top 5 in the industry and my wrists tend to swell in summer/humid weather.

Thanks for your input
TimeAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2020, 02:09 AM   #2
herts9
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
With the BB58 being a perfect fit, a SMP wouldn't wear that much differently.

I'll vote go for it.
herts9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2020, 01:43 PM   #3
Undefeatable
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060
Here was mine on my 6.5" wrist:
Undefeatable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2020, 10:38 PM   #4
BNABOD
"TRF" Member

Not an issue at all

BNABOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2020, 12:08 AM   #5
trippinjimmy
"TRF" Member

Here’s a non distorted mirror shot - 6.75” wrist. Wears nicely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trippinjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2020, 08:53 PM   #6
robinmgb
"TRF" Member

Watch: Hublot BB Unico
I've got about the same size wrist and looked perfect to me when I owned a blue one, changed it for a planet ocean chrono 45mm and that was too big!
robinmgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2020, 06:07 PM   #7
quadraaa
"TRF" Member

SMP300 feels bigger than BB58. My wrist is also 6.5" and I found the latest generation SMP to be a bit too large for me, while my BB58 is a perfect fit.
quadraaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2020, 05:07 AM   #8
TimeAZ
"TRF" Member

Thanks for all the replies.

I wound up ordering the 300m in blue and have no regrets. Fits just fine on my 6.5 inch wrist, thanks to the well-designed, short curved lugs and excellent bracelet design, which does not add to the L2L length. It's a really great, sporty, beautiful diver and the blue color with the laser-etched waves just pops.

LOVE the clasp with the built-in microadjust. It's amazing. Circumferential fit of the bracelet is superb. Only downside is how freaking heavy the bracelet can be. I'm totally not used to it. Wish it was titanium.

I bought an after-market silicone rubber strap from BluShark that I think will fit nicely so will update if and when that comes in
Old 19 May 2020, 05:54 AM   #9
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeAZ View Post
Thanks for all the replies.

I wound up ordering the 300m in blue and have no regrets. Fits just fine on my 6.5 inch wrist, thanks to the well-designed, short curved lugs and excellent bracelet design, which does not add to the L2L length. It's a really great, sporty, beautiful diver and the blue color with the laser-etched waves just pops.

LOVE the clasp with the built-in microadjust. It's amazing. Circumferential fit of the bracelet is superb. Only downside is how freaking heavy the bracelet can be. I'm totally not used to it. Wish it was titanium.

I bought an after-market silicone rubber strap from BluShark that I think will fit nicely so will update if and when that comes in
Have you considered picking up an Omega OEM rubber strap for it? They are really nice and the curve at the lugs seems to help with smaller wrists.
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2020, 06:02 AM   #10
TimeAZ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samson66 View Post
Have you considered picking up an Omega OEM rubber strap for it? They are really nice and the curve at the lugs seems to help with smaller wrists.
Actually that would be great, where can you get them? It's hard for me to find it on omega's website
Old 19 May 2020, 06:13 AM   #11
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeAZ View Post
Actually that would be great, where can you get them? It's hard for me to find it on omega's website
You should be able to order at any Omega AD or boutique. They can probably order over the phone and send right to you.
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2020, 06:14 AM   #12
JohnGingerwood
2024 Pledge Member

I would definitely recommend the OEM strap. They are going to be a little more ($300) then an after market strap, but well worth it. Great watch.
JohnGingerwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2020, 02:15 PM   #13
britabroad
"TRF" Member

Watch: GS SBGV245
I would have thought the 50mm lug to lug wouldn't fit without over hang on a 6. 5wrist?

Glad it works
britabroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2020, 11:14 AM   #14
amanbra
"TRF" Member

With a 6.5 inch myself I felt that it was too large for me. Mileage varies though based on the flatness of your wrist.
amanbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2020, 11:17 AM   #15
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
The good news is they are in stock and you can try them on. I'd get the bracelet version and throw the rubber on it... in fact I did that.
Old 30 November 2020, 06:13 PM   #16
tna23
"TRF" Member

I tried the SM300 and it wore way too big on my 6.5 inch wrist, with long lug to lug height. PO 39.5 wears far better with short lug to lug height. It is thicker but by less than 1mm which is not really noticeable.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk
tna23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2020, 06:46 PM   #17
sensui
2024 Pledge Member

Not at all with the lug to lug and case shape. Try one for yourself if possible but I think it fits me fine (around a 6.5" also).
sensui is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2020, 10:32 PM   #18
Oyster Sauce
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanbra View Post
With a 6.5 inch myself I felt that it was too large for me. Mileage varies though based on the flatness of your wrist.
+1 Wrist flatness is an important factor in the way a watch wears. The rubber strap seems like a good option on this watch.
Oyster Sauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 December 2020, 08:17 AM   #19
Watchflair
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116500 116518LN
Did you have the opportunity to try one on yet?

I have one but my wrist is a little larger. Honestly, it's one of my favorite pieces. Ceramic bezel and dial! Pretty fantastic.
Old 13 December 2020, 11:04 AM   #20
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, DJ41, GMT
On the fence for Seamaster 300m... too big for 6.5 inch wrist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by herts9 View Post
With the BB58 being a perfect fit, a SMP wouldn't wear that much differently.

I'll vote go for it.
No way does a new 42mm Seamaster 300m wear the same as a BB58. I tried one on and it wears bigger than my Submariner and my Speedmaster Pro.
Krash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2020, 10:07 PM   #21
Solitaire
"TRF" Member

Might work.
I have a 17cm wrist and I own a PlanetOcean 45.5mm, so called the beast.
Will have to redo it I would jump for the 42mm version which is very close to the Seamaster 300.
Consider as well that steel / nato might change a lot the overall look.
Solitaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2020, 05:24 AM   #22
Kniazukay
"TRF" Member

If your wrist width is at or longer than the lug to lug (including endlinks), you'll be fine. Wrist circumference only isn't what should determine what size watch will work or not, it's also wrist shape. And on top of all that, it's all subjective too. If you feel you can handle a few mm more than a BB58, you'll be absolutely fine with it.
Also anecdotally speaking, I find that out of all the watch brands out there, Omega is one of the best at creating larger diameter watches that don't really "wear" as large as it states. One of the beauties of Omega imho. Example: compare the 40mm Rolex fat lug sub (51mm lug to lug including endlinks) to a 42mm Omega seamaster 300 diver (50mm lug to lug including endlinks).
I know numbers alone don't make the fit, however it definitely helps when you don't have the option of trying it on before purchase.
Good luck on your decision and not that my opinion alone matters but if you feel you love the watch enough, I say go for it! What's the worst that could happen, you get it and absolutely hate it? If that's the case I highly doubt you'll lose much as far as $ is concerned.
Kniazukay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 December 2020, 01:09 AM   #23
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

On the fence for Seamaster 300m... too big for 6.5 inch wrist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kniazukay View Post

Also anecdotally speaking, I find that out of all the watch brands out there, Omega is one of the best at creating larger diameter watches that don't really "wear" as large as it states. One of the beauties of Omega imho. Example: compare the 40mm Rolex fat lug sub (51mm lug to lug including endlinks) to a 42mm Omega seamaster 300 diver (50mm lug to lug including endlinks).

I know numbers alone don't make the fit, however it definitely helps when you don't have the option of trying it on before purchase.

Lug to lug for Submariner is around 48. The endlinks don't really impact the overall fit that much. They blend in with the bracelet.

I have a Submariner and a Speedmaster pro too. No doubt the new Seasmaster 300 wears larger than both and certainly larger than the BB58.

Old 15 December 2020, 02:14 AM   #24
navjing0614
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tna23 View Post
I tried the SM300 and it wore way too big on my 6.5 inch wrist, with long lug to lug height. PO 39.5 wears far better with short lug to lug height. It is thicker but by less than 1mm which is not really noticeable.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk
I agree. I have the SMP 42 and the PO 39.5. I prefer the PO over all on my 6.7inch wrist.
Try to see one, this seemed harder to find.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
navjing0614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2020, 02:53 PM   #25
ericg
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR/SubC/SMP 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeatable View Post
Here was mine on my 6.5" wrist:
Looks great..I have the same probs with the small wrist, although I wore a sub a d gmt for years. I want a rubber strap as I live in warm climate year round and yours looks to fit great. I’m just tossed between white dial or black. Kind of think white dial divers are fresh but the black seems to show up better as it’s a bit more legible.

Your review on Omega forum was excellent btw
ericg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2020, 11:53 AM   #26
Justindo
"TRF" Member

The current 300M is significantly larger than a Black Bay 58 but you could probably just pull it off. It's a great watch if you like it.
Justindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2020, 01:21 PM   #27
MTdweller
"TRF" Member

Watch: the time fly!
Not an issue at all on my 6.5” wrist, especially on the rubber strap. It’s the most comfortable watch I own.
MTdweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 December 2020, 02:16 AM   #28
ericg
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR/SubC/SMP 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krash View Post
Lug to lug for Submariner is around 48. The endlinks don't really impact the overall fit that much. They blend in with the bracelet.

I have a Submariner and a Speedmaster pro too. No doubt the new Seasmaster 300 wears larger than both and certainly larger than the BB58.

I have a sub and a Blnr that I wear on my 6.5” wrist but now have sold both and looking at the white dial Seamaster on rubber as a daily wearer. I will fortunately get to try it on before I buy...really looking forward to this change to the Seamaster 300
ericg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2020, 05:38 AM   #29
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericg View Post
I have a sub and a Blnr that I wear on my 6.5” wrist but now have sold both and looking at the white dial Seamaster on rubber as a daily wearer. I will fortunately get to try it on before I buy...really looking forward to this change to the Seamaster 300

I love the new Seamaster; especially the chrome dial.

I want one.

I was just responding to people that say it wears like a BB58. That’s ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 14 April 2021, 09:31 PM   #30
djolivares
"TRF" Member

Here is mine on a 6.5" wrist, does it look too big??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PXL_20210413_011258538.jpg (95.3 KB, 497 views)
File Type: jpg PXL_20210412_180334371.PORTRAIT.jpg (85.9 KB, 500 views)
File Type: jpg PXL_20210412_193709121.jpg (133.5 KB, 496 views)
File Type: jpg PXL_20210412_193721469.PORTRAIT.jpg (104.0 KB, 497 views)
File Type: jpg PXL_20210412_180336844.PORTRAIT.jpg (89.2 KB, 497 views)
djolivares is offline   Reply With Quote