The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 17 December 2022, 10:16 PM   #1
Spartan36
2024 Pledge Member

Dealer recommendation in Tokyo ?

Hi y’all

I’ll be in Tokyo, specifically the Shinjuku area for a couple days. Mostly work so not much time to venture far from the area and looking to grab a new grand seiko while out there. Any recommendations? Both AD and non AD welcomed. Thank you
Spartan36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2022, 02:19 PM   #2
lazydaved
"TRF" Member

I'd make the trip to Ginza, and visit the Wako building. The building actually survived the fire bombing of WWII. It has the Grand Seiko Flagship boutique, and an excellent selection.
lazydaved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2022, 08:41 AM   #3
Tanuki
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydaved View Post
I'd make the trip to Ginza, and visit the Wako building. The building actually survived the fire bombing of WWII. It has the Grand Seiko Flagship boutique, and an excellent selection.
If you're buying a GS in Japan you need to buy it from the Ginza boutique. We bought a watch there in October and the service was exceptional.
Tanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2022, 07:41 AM   #4
Fifteen
Banned

Depends on what you are buying. If it’s a boutique exclusive, go to the non wako location in Ginza. It’s only a few blocks away. There, they will likely have a free band or watch roll. Wako likely will give you nothing, but kind of cool to get a watch from the flagship boutique

For non boutique exclusives, go to bic camera. They will likely have 5% off for using visa and obviously VAT free.

I bought my sbgm221 from bic, and my white birch from Ginza last month.
Fifteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2022, 02:14 AM   #5
mongrelnomoad
"TRF" Member

Unless you’re on a budget and want a deal (in which case go to Shinjuku Yodobashi Camera where they have decent discounts on new regular production GSs), yeah, it’s gotta be Wako even if it’s a schlep. It is amazing and an important piece of Seiko history.

Bic also works for the discount stores, but I’ve found Yodobashi to have a better selection.
mongrelnomoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2022, 02:16 AM   #6
mongrelnomoad
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanuki View Post
If you're buying a GS in Japan you need to buy it from the Ginza boutique. We bought a watch there in October and the service was exceptional.
Funnily enough Wako is not the Grand Seiko boutique.
mongrelnomoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2022, 04:14 AM   #7
Tanuki
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongrelnomoad View Post
Funnily enough Wako is not the Grand Seiko boutique.
You are right! Looks like the new boutique split off from Wako in 2019. I wasn't aware of that since it happened just before the COVID lockdown. Thanks! I'll have to check them out too...
Tanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2022, 07:25 PM   #8
toolr
2024 Pledge Member

The Grand Seiko Flagship store in the WAKO building in the Ginza is worth the trip. Was there a couple weeks ago where I picked up an SBGM221, a birthday gift from my wife, son and daughter in-law. As stated, the service is exceptional.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3913.jpg (83.3 KB, 247 views)
toolr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2023, 01:08 PM   #9
Aussiexplorer
"TRF" Member

I tried everywhere when I was last there, November 2019, and found BIC Camera was the best at that time. The Shinjuku store even had multiple examples of the limited-edition piece that I was looking for. All the other outlets didn't have any stock, even the ADs and boutiques. Plus, a small discount too. I'm going back in April, and will enjoy my watch hunting challenge again!
Aussiexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2023, 12:36 AM   #10
Jack T
"TRF" Member

Watch: Several
Quote:
Originally Posted by toolr View Post
The Grand Seiko Flagship store in the WAKO building in the Ginza is worth the trip. Was there a couple weeks ago where I picked up an SBGM221, a birthday gift from my wife, son and daughter in-law. As stated, the service is exceptional.
Nice watch!!
Old 13 April 2023, 02:59 PM   #11
ctkjjk
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner-C Date
So…
When I was in Tokyo, I went to the seiko boutique in Ginza. I gave some serious thought to a brand new GS. Then my son who is working in Tokyo explain to me what Nakano Broadway was and I did my research. Found an impeccable secondhand GS GMT model SBGJ237 in blue and white for 45% off… didn’t have a single scratch on it not even a desk diving mark…. Got a fantastic deal.
Just another option if you’re in Tokyo. I will say the watch dealerships at Nakano Broadway, or mainly focused on Rolex, about 70% Rolex, 30% other branches. It took some searching, and most places that at most 8-10 GrandSeiko. My search paid off.
ctkjjk is offline   Reply With Quote