The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 16 June 2019, 07:07 AM   #61
blacke90
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP||Panerai||Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearxj86 View Post
Ok guys an update. I went in on Thursday and saw the WG dial in the flesh. Still was torn between the RG black dial and the WG blue dial but went with the blue. Probably would have gone with the flying tourbillon if I had unlimited funds lol. The boutique Manager made a good point that in the long run when the line expands to ADs; the blue will be boutique only so if tied that is the way to go. I also think with how aggressive the side profile and 41mm dial, the white gold is more discrete and elegant.

I will admit; the blue is ugly in photos and with shrink wrap on it. It does look amazing in the flesh. I think the special concave glass really doesn’t help with angles.

Also had a chance to play with a life size AP movement - so much fun and folks the rotor isn’t all gold (I asked). Also tried on a random diver: yeah 42mm offshore too big.

Pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like you said above, the Code 11.59 looks much better in person. The 11.59 does not photograph well at all. I would suggest anyone trying it on at the boutique to step outside or near the window in order to explore the watch with natural light. It does look different under natural light, at least the legibility or the rose gold with black dial.
blacke90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2019, 10:03 AM   #62
karasus
"TRF" Member

Watch: Royal Oak
Saw it in the flesh today. Blue chrono is the best of the bunch and doesn't look too bad. Movement is awesome, can't wait for it to appear in the RO chrono. Its the 3 handers that look too plain and the marketing too pushy, its getting a negative reaction from people.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1159blue.jpg (112.0 KB, 91 views)
karasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2019, 11:31 AM   #63
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak

If AP do this with a blue panda dial I’ll definitely buy one.

AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2019, 01:00 PM   #64
Watcheroo
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearxj86 View Post
Ok guys an update. I went in on Thursday and saw the WG dial in the flesh. Still was torn between the RG black dial and the WG blue dial but went with the blue. Probably would have gone with the flying tourbillon if I had unlimited funds lol. The boutique Manager made a good point that in the long run when the line expands to ADs; the blue will be boutique only so if tied that is the way to go. I also think with how aggressive the side profile and 41mm dial, the white gold is more discrete and elegant.

I will admit; the blue is ugly in photos and with shrink wrap on it. It does look amazing in the flesh. I think the special concave glass really doesn’t help with angles.

Also had a chance to play with a life size AP movement - so much fun and folks the rotor isn’t all gold (I asked). Also tried on a random diver: yeah 42mm offshore too big.

Pics below.

Congrats! Good choice. Post more pics when you can
Watcheroo is offline   Reply With Quote