The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 16 January 2019, 05:19 AM   #1
socalwatchcollector
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pateks Plural
The scum have migrated over to Poshmark

It's never ending... Pay special notice to how 35k is crossed out and new price of $2500 is shown. Even better there are people asking if it's real on the comments. That's a real knee slapper!

https://poshmark.com/listing/AP-WATC...utm_source=gdm
socalwatchcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2019, 05:30 AM   #2
TonyD
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Meteorite Daytona
When I saw the first commercial for Poshmark I laughed wondering how the heck are they going to prevent folks from selling all manner of fake shoes and handbags etc. You think Rolex is bad, imagine the market for LV and Coach bags!
Old 16 January 2019, 06:01 AM   #3
socalwatchcollector
"TRF" Member

Another AP gem on Ebay

flag it , thanks

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Audemars-Pi...O-eq:rk:1:pf:0
Old 16 January 2019, 09:03 AM   #4
ftrainwill
"TRF" Member

I think Poshmark bears the liability of it being real. Seller sends to poshmark to authenticate and buyer gets it afterwards.
ftrainwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2019, 02:06 AM   #5
socalwatchcollector
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftrainwill View Post
I think Poshmark bears the liability of it being real. Seller sends to poshmark to authenticate and buyer gets it afterwards.

You're right but who exactly do they have to authenticate watches and can that person be trusted to know what they are doing? Unless they have employed people directly from Rolex, AP, Patek and the rest of them I would stay far away.
Old 17 January 2019, 02:29 AM   #6
ftrainwill
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalwatchcollector View Post
You're right but who exactly do they have to authenticate watches and can that person be trusted to know what they are doing? Unless they have employed people directly from Rolex, AP, Patek and the rest of them I would stay far away.
Agreed on the skepticism, but I think if you purchased it using Amex or a similar credit card where you can claim your money back in the event of it being a fake. You can take the risk, send it to an AD to verify and if it's a fake, you'll get your money back.

Obviously if it's blatantly a fake, its not worth the trouble. If there is a chance of you getting a deal on a real one, I might roll the dice. Especially if I have the backing from AMEX.
ftrainwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2019, 03:54 AM   #7
horophile1
"TRF" Member

Watch: 216570 Exp II (G)
Indeed, some shameless sellers on Poshmark. I just looked at the site for the first time, and saw listings like this:
https://poshmark.com/listing/18k-gol...28120a08a100e4

Look at the photos. Clearly a fake to we Rolex aficionados' "trained" eyes. The "18 K gold" is clearly faded across the piece, misaligned hour markers, and terribly low magnification for Cyclops. A dead giveaway: the appearance of real vs. fake gold; the piece above looks more like brass, not gold. See also marks/stamps on bracelet.

What is really worrying is that there actually might be some of these folks naively selling what they think are real pieces (no doubt there are some truly clueless people out there who were sincerely duped into buying fakes to begin with). In the above case, I am certain this is not the case; the seller clearly knows he or she didn't buy it for that amount, and the paperwork was conveniently lost. Just my 2 cents.

I saw another fake on the site, and one of the users commented that it was a fake (an interested buyer asked the question). Good to see that there are some (of our) vigilant folks out there on these seller sites, trying to steer people the right way.

For the record, if I am in error here, my apologies--I do not claim to be an appraisal expert or watchmaker by any means--just someone who has been well-educated by now on Rolex (and other watch brands). I could be wrong--perhaps the camera shots are poor and the lighting is bad, but some of the watch's other features give it away, I am afraid.
75204 Tudor Prince Oysterdate SS/14k WG
M57103-0002 Tudor Glamour Double Date Two-Tone
horophile1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2019, 08:33 AM   #8
crowncollection
"TRF" Member

Junk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 29 April 2019, 09:28 AM   #9
LMG1212
"TRF" Member

Watch: 168623
Quote:
Originally Posted by horophile1 View Post
Indeed, some shameless sellers on Poshmark. I just looked at the site for the first time, and saw listings like this:
https://poshmark.com/listing/18k-gol...28120a08a100e4

Look at the photos. Clearly a fake to we Rolex aficionados' "trained" eyes. The "18 K gold" is clearly faded across the piece, misaligned hour markers, and terribly low magnification for Cyclops. A dead giveaway: the appearance of real vs. fake gold; the piece above looks more like brass, not gold. See also marks/stamps on bracelet.

What is really worrying is that there actually might be some of these folks naively selling what they think are real pieces (no doubt there are some truly clueless people out there who were sincerely duped into buying fakes to begin with). In the above case, I am certain this is not the case; the seller clearly knows he or she didn't buy it for that amount, and the paperwork was conveniently lost. Just my 2 cents.

I saw another fake on the site, and one of the users commented that it was a fake (an interested buyer asked the question). Good to see that there are some (of our) vigilant folks out there on these seller sites, trying to steer people the right way.

For the record, if I am in error here, my apologies--I do not claim to be an appraisal expert or watchmaker by any means--just someone who has been well-educated by now on Rolex (and other watch brands). I could be wrong--perhaps the camera shots are poor and the lighting is bad, but some of the watch's other features give it away, I am afraid.

This is definitely a fake. There are several things in the dial (the lumes next to the diamond are way off, misaligned), large gap between the case and bracelet (between the lugs at the 6 o'clock area), magnification is off with the cyclops, number isn't centered in cyclops or even in the window, and so much more. I am a member on Poshmark and I reported it!
LMG1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2019, 05:58 AM   #10
offrdmania
2024 Pledge Member

Here is a fake box if someone wants to report it. Im not signed up on there so I cant report.

https://poshmark.com/listing/Rolex-B...f00f732067baa0
Old 30 April 2019, 08:26 AM   #11
LMG1212
"TRF" Member

Watch: 168623
Tons of fake stuff on there. I just reported this box. Ridiculous that people will attempt to sell something this hideous and claim it as authentic.

https://posh.mk/AkJir8WciW

LMG1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2019, 02:54 PM   #12
J_1964
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMG1212 View Post
Tons of fake stuff on there. I just reported this box. Ridiculous that people will attempt to sell something this hideous and claim it as authentic.

https://posh.mk/AkJir8WciW

And Gone. Nice Job.
J_1964 is offline   Reply With Quote