The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex Watch Reviews

Old 6 October 2010, 09:57 AM   #1
Dilemma
"TRF" Member

GMT-Master II Review. Part 2.

,,,,,And then it happened.

You see, I had never seen a Pepsi before, in the flesh. That is to say on the the arm of some ape with enough arm hair to cover a small horse, until one the engineers at work wandered into my build. I spent the day attempting to catch him by the water cooler, at the copy machine, and heaven forbid, the mens room. After all, I had made it to my late 40's without being called a "Meat Gazer" there was no need to pick up another nickname at this point in my life.

I finally just confronted him. I introduced myself and told him I noticed what looked like a Rolex on his wrist and asked him if I could take a look at it. He kind of chuckled and agreed. Now, I am not quite a WIS, but I can tell a bad fake when I see one. This thing was a mess. It looked like some guy with a wirefeed machine built it in his garage. I hid my Sub behind my back, thanked him and went back to work.

When I got home that day, I started to rethink my coin toss. The bogus pepsi really caught my eye, in the same way the girl across the bar catches your eye and can't manage much more than "Hi! I'm Sugar! Wanna dance? $50.00!"

After a couple weeks search, and several offers to a couple forum members, one accepted! I had scored my second Rolex! Collections such as these start small. After all, I ended up with five Dalmatians, six guitars, and enough cameras to start a small photo studio this way. One at a time.

Thats it for today dear READER! Singular! Coming up next; "How the hell do you set this thing?"
Dilemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 October 2010, 09:02 PM   #2
slevin kelevra
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060m
Two threads and no pics! :-(
slevin kelevra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 2010, 11:50 AM   #3
Dilemma
"TRF" Member

I posted a boatload of 'em a few days ago in the general discussion forum.
Dilemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 October 2010, 12:03 PM   #4
sittipat
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT master ii coke
like the story
sittipat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 October 2010, 11:48 PM   #5
chsu74
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710,116520,SLA19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilemma View Post
"How the hell do you set this thing?"
Easy.

1. Set the GMT time zone hand (red), minute hand and also AM or PM for datejust. In your case your time zone is currently 5 hours behind GMT until daylight savings. EST is 4 hrs behind GMT.

2. Pull out two notches just to move the hour hand and adjust to your time zone.

3. Set your date.

Done. You now see two time zones. GMT and your current time zone. The third time zone comes from adjusting the bezel number hour to the GMT hand.

For example, if you arrive in a new city and its 4AM local time. Move the bezel so the GMT hand lines up with 4 AM and your done. The third time zone hour is read with the GMT hand according to the Bezel hour number.

Its very handy for me as I travel frequently and need that third timezone.

I have no idea how GMT can be adjusted because I read somewhere here that you cannot adjust the hour hand independently.
chsu74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2010, 10:53 PM   #6
Rolex_Collector
"TRF" Member

great story
Rolex_Collector is offline   Reply With Quote