The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 7 November 2019, 07:31 AM   #241
Halothane
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, Patek
Mine is supposedly arriving tomorrow per my AD. Will be my first Breitling.
Halothane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 November 2019, 09:56 AM   #242
Cabaiguan
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMTII
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoosicPa View Post
Was it for sale? or was it pre-sold?

For sale. Don’t be fooled. These are plentiful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 7 November 2019, 06:36 PM   #243
SSCosmo
"TRF" Member

It seems like Breitling has kept a significant number of the allocations for their boutiques. These generally seem sold out at ADs but readily available at boutiques. It will be interesting to see whether they keep them at the boutiques or allocate them to ADs if the boutiques don’t sell them quickly.
SSCosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 November 2019, 11:25 PM   #244
Cabaiguan
"TRF" Member

There’s one for $8200 on FS forums now.
Cabaiguan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8 November 2019, 01:01 AM   #245
Fabrice M
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: This and that...
I would buy it, but for the price. $8600 is to much for a Navitimer.
Fabrice M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 November 2019, 04:36 AM   #246
sokoloka
"TRF" Member

Watch: Audemars Piguet
Finally got the word from my AD yesterday - mine is IN! Still out in Europe for the time being so will have to wait until Friday to get my paws on it however. Very excited nonetheless!
Old 9 November 2019, 06:27 AM   #247
MoosicPa
"TRF" Member

Watch: King Midas & Subma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabaiguan View Post
For sale. Don’t be fooled. These are plentiful.

That's what is p*ssing me off. I pre-ordered mine through my long time AD back in May, and we haven't heard anything on an ETA for the watch, but evidently there are other AD's with them sitting in their cases for sale, not pre-sold. I would have thought that they would ship the pre-sold ones first... guess I was wrong.

I currently have 21 Breitlings in my collection all of which, except 1 vintage piece, purchased new from my AD. I am starting to feel that if this is the way Breitling treats it's long time customers maybe I should stick to other brands.

Very disappointed in Breitling.

"Nothing is to too beautiful, nothing is too expensive" Ettore Bugatti.
MoosicPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2019, 07:16 AM   #248
Halothane
2024 Pledge Member

Picked up mine today and very pleased. It also comes with a nice leather travel case.

Old 9 November 2019, 09:17 AM   #249
john9963
"TRF" Member

Quote:
That's what is p*ssing me off. I pre-ordered mine through my long time AD back in May, and we haven't heard anything on an ETA for the watch, but evidently there are other AD's with them sitting in their cases for sale, not pre-sold. I would have thought that they would ship the pre-sold ones first... guess I was wrong.

I currently have 21 Breitlings in my collection all of which, except 1 vintage piece, purchased new from my AD. I am starting to feel that if this is the way Breitling treats it's long time customers maybe I should stick to other brands.

According to my AD, ADs didn’t place orders for the 806 are-edition. ADs were allocated a certain number. My AD was told they would receive two allocations. They received their first 806 (#6 in USA) and didn’t not expect to receive the second 806 for a few months. I reached out to the AD the day the watch was announced at Basel so I was able to get the ADs first allocation. I didn’t have to place an order with the AD or place any money down. So if your AD told you you had a pre-order, that may not have been an accurate statement. I know it doesn’t help with your anticipation and frustration, but maybe it can explain why you haven’t received yours.
john9963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2019, 10:25 AM   #250
Cabaiguan
"TRF" Member

I would just go the boutique route if you really want one. Yes, maybe a bit more expensive but if it’s a keeper, what’s another few hundred bucks?
Cabaiguan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2019, 10:50 AM   #251
Oat Willy
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060M 116610LV
jeezus, seems I went with the wrong AD. They told me it would be in today. No call so I called them, and I get a story something about their Brietling rep had promised to ship it, but then changed his mind at the last second and decided not to ship it to them but sent it instead to a boutique, something about boutique allocation VS their store blah blah blah, but it will ship sometime next week, definatley maybe for sure, but I definitely AM getting it, their entire company has gotten 0 but were told they'd be getting exactly 1, and that 1 single unit would be used to fill my order, so really instead of being pissed or annoyed I should be grateful about how hard they are working for me bending over backwards to get this very extremely severely limited hard to get piece blah blah blah
Oat Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2019, 12:46 PM   #252
MoosicPa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oat Willy View Post
jeezus, seems I went with the wrong AD. They told me it would be in today. No call so I called them, and I get a story something about their Brietling rep had promised to ship it, but then changed his mind at the last second and decided not to ship it to them but sent it instead to a boutique, something about boutique allocation VS their store blah blah blah, but it will ship sometime next week, definatley maybe for sure, but I definitely AM getting it, their entire company has gotten 0 but were told they'd be getting exactly 1, and that 1 single unit would be used to fill my order, so really instead of being pissed or annoyed I should be grateful about how hard they are working for me bending over backwards to get this very extremely severely limited hard to get piece blah blah blah

Yeah Breitling seems to be taking a very high handed attitude with this model. The funny thing is, in 2 years we will be able to pick one up for under $5k. Guess we are the stupid ones.

Old 10 November 2019, 04:46 AM   #253
Oat Willy
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060M 116610LV
Quote:
Yeah Breitling seems to be taking a very high handed attitude with this model. The funny thing is, in 2 years we will be able to pick one up for under $5k. Guess we are the stupid ones.
You might be right, there doesn't seem to be all that much excitement over these. The thread for this watch over on the Breitling Forum is dead. Nothing like the Omega forum discussing a new Speedy, or a new Rolex model here on this forum. Not even close.

They seem to be tinkling these out in such a way as an attempt at creating a sense of false demand and scarcity, but all that seems to be happening is the pissing off of people that pre-ordered and pre-paid in advance
Oat Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2019, 05:37 AM   #254
Chester01
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
Quote:
You might be right, there doesn't seem to be all that much excitement over these. The thread for this watch over on the Breitling Forum is dead. Nothing like the Omega forum discussing a new Speedy, or a new Rolex model here on this forum. Not even close.

They seem to be tinkling these out in such a way as an attempt at creating a sense of false demand and scarcity, but all that seems to be happening is the pissing off of people that pre-ordered and pre-paid in advance
Well 1959 pieces out of 8+ billion is indeed limited, and it should hold its value. I think breitling is more popular in Europe. When I sold my old navi, almost all the interest came from Europe. The reality is, as you allude to this is a Rolex form, and so these people are falling all over themselves about the Daytona and too busy to notice this piece. The navitimer is and always will be far ahead of the Daytona with regard to importance. The Daytona has added nothing new. The Daytona is like the kardashians, famous for being famous. Or because it’s associated with the salad dressing guy. The navi was a real tool used by pilots in real situations and the oldest chrono still in production. The Daytona is behind the speedy, navi, el primero, and maybe then the Daytona.
Chester01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2019, 10:56 AM   #255
Halothane
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

You can just order it online.

Old 10 November 2019, 04:53 PM   #256
Actualizer
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5726 by far !
Quote:
Wow, that is a gorgeous watch! I asked by AD ro order me a RG version to go with the SS version I previously ordered, but when I saw the panda dial on the RG version it was a turn-off. The 1959 Navitimers had the all black dials. Breitling stared to introduce the panda dials later, I believe in 1962. I will check with my AD about the possibility of ordering a Platinum version.
I’ve almost booked mine today. I think this will be the ultimate iconic Breitling !!! Just imagine a 806 which to me is the complete absolute Breitling in a times less Platinum in a blue dial. I would spend $40K on this anytime than pay thrice as much on a steel 5726 ! ( which I own ) anyways !
Actualizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2019, 07:58 AM   #257
MoosicPa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomalf123 View Post

It looks like Breiting USA is looking to cut-out the AD's and sell these watches directly through their boutiques and online. If they have them available online, they have a stock of them which they are not shipping to AD's.

Old 11 November 2019, 08:03 AM   #258
sokoloka
"TRF" Member

Watch: Audemars Piguet
Finally saw mine in the flesh last night. #1477/1959.
Old 14 November 2019, 08:55 AM   #259
SSCosmo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomalf123 View Post

I’m not sure you can. Unlike other watches in the site, you only get the option to “Call to Buy” for the 806 Re-Edition.

I know the wait can be frustrating, but as someone who waited for the first Speedy Tuesday after months of delays, as well as alllocations with other brands, it’s not unusual to have to wait many months to receive your allocation. Unlike certain Rolex, AP, Patek, and Omega watches these days, at least these are relatively obtainable.
SSCosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2019, 10:49 AM   #260
MoosicPa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSCosmo View Post
I’m not sure you can. Unlike other watches in the site, you only get the option to “Call to Buy” for the 806 Re-Edition.

I know the wait can be frustrating, but as someone who waited for the first Speedy Tuesday after months of delays, as well as alllocations with other brands, it’s not unusual to have to wait many months to receive your allocation. Unlike certain Rolex, AP, Patek, and Omega watches these days, at least these are relatively obtainable.
No he's right you can..... With next day delivery. I went on and went thought the motions but didn't buy it as I have one on order from my AD. I'd rather give my local AD the business than buy it online.

Old 15 November 2019, 02:37 PM   #261
cajerseyboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: me find "the one"
Quote:
No he's right you can..... With next day delivery. I went on and went thought the motions but didn't buy it as I have one on order from my AD. I'd rather give my local AD the business than buy it online.

This watch has lost its “special” feel. Online ordering? Really? Thinking of going with something more unique with a date!

Old 16 November 2019, 12:38 AM   #262
Chester01
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajerseyboy View Post
This watch has lost its “special” feel. Online ordering? Really? Thinking of going with something more unique with a date!

Where did you find this? I though the blue was only with the black subdials. I too tried on the navi reissue at tourneau KOP (they have one if anyone is interested or did on Monday). The date is quite useful for me.
Old 16 November 2019, 01:28 AM   #263
jnelson3097
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester01 View Post
Where did you find this? I though the blue was only with the black subdials. I too tried on the navi reissue at tourneau KOP (they have one if anyone is interested or did on Monday). The date is quite useful for me.
That’s the 46mm version.

I also know my AD has an 806 in stock right now if anyone is interested. Just an FYI though, it's full retail.
jnelson3097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2019, 06:50 AM   #264
Mach
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP ROO
Quote:

I would argue that this occurs across all brands, unfortunately. In my case, I was totally fortunate to find one since I had not been following Breitling for a while. In the case of Omega, I was the first one to put money down at my local AD for ‘57 Trilogy Speedmaster the day after the announcement. Yet, others who put money down well after me got their piece. So, I can emphasize with you it’s not a good feeling.

I’m waiting now for a Blancpain Air Command. With this, I contacted a boutique rather than an AD. They’re saying next month. But, I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s early next year.
Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2019, 03:59 AM   #265
MoosicPa
"TRF" Member

Got the call from my AD, mine arrived today.... will be picking it up later.

Old 19 November 2019, 01:01 PM   #266
MoosicPa
"TRF" Member

# 1938/1959....

002 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/150333170@N07/]

005 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/150333170@N07/]

009 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/150333170@N07/]

012 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/150333170@N07/]

014 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/150333170@N07/]

016 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/150333170@N07/]

017 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/150333170@N07/]

022 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/150333170@N07/]

Old 19 November 2019, 02:36 PM   #267
gtnator
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: DSSD, SD43, Pepsi,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester01 View Post
I know. I own a daytona, and this thing blows it away in every way. First, this navi is actually legible, looks to be an excellent and handwound movement, and has real heritage, not just something that is famous because the salad dressing guy wore it. Indeed, Omega with their coming 321 release and this Navi, the reality is Rolex has not been that exciting to be recently. Even the new BLRO, a disappointment for me as its only available on the jubilee bracelet and the excessive wide lugs and bling bezel make it unwearable for me. Lets take the Daytona, the slapped a ceramic bezel and the watch continue to ne illegible and everyone cant get enough. Can you imagine if they did something like what Breitling just did with the Navi to the Daytona, now that something worth getting excited about. Like a Daytona 6263 reissue!

Which Daytona do you have that’s illegible? White or black?

gtnator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2019, 03:28 PM   #268
Deityjazz
Banned

I love this watch but it doesn’t exactly seem readily available. Great acquisition though
Deityjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 November 2019, 11:19 PM   #269
Chester01
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtnator View Post
Which Daytona do you have that’s illegible? White or black?

I have the 116520, white and just gave it to my wife. Both the white and black dial are not very legible. I mean for a time check yes, and I can even get past the shine. But I use my chrono to time things that need to me timed precisely at work. If you look at the minute subdial, there is not enough hashmarks around the 10, 11, 12 then 19,20 and then 29. I was timing something that needed accurate timing and could not tell if it was 10,11, or 12 minutes. This is simply not ever an issue with my speedy. Likewise the issue has been on all daytonas even the 116500. I believe they used to have enough hashmarks in the ones in the mid 1980’s but the issue came with the change to the auto movement. At any rate, a watch that I can’t use is simply jewelry so I passed it onto my wife who is happy with it and never uses the chrono.
Old 20 November 2019, 04:25 AM   #270
mckinleystephe
Banned

Random question.....

Is there any Navitimer Bracelet that will fit on this re-issue?

Huge fan of the breitling polished bracelets.

mckinleystephe is offline   Reply With Quote