The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 11 September 2014, 05:25 AM   #1
Rolex57
Banned

Watch: DSSD, YM2 SS
Rolex Canada Pricing

Went over to Royal DeVersaille in Toronto which has it's own Rolex Boutique this afternoon during lunch.

I'm a fan of the Deepsea and was hoping to check out the Challenge Edition that recently came out.

To my dismay, they had received one but it had sold shortly thereafter.

I inquired about price of the revamped DS. Turns out it's something like $13,500 CAD. Original DS I believe is now $12,900 CAD if I remember correctly.

Good thing I bought my BLNR back in Feb 2014 because on May 1 2014 the price went up by $500 CAD.

On top of that, she told me the discounts/haggle room is now generally 10% for almost all the models except for special editions like the DS Blue which they could only offer up 5%.

Biggest surprise was that for the Hulk and Milgauss, there is no NO discount. At least from them, though I generally wonder how stringent they are on this once they have a paying customer in front of them.

When asked about why such a drastic change in Rolex pricing, she told me that Rolex Canada both increased price and reduced the dealers profit margin, so they're making less once a discount is offered than before.

Comparing my first Rolex purchase in 2007 which was a brand new Seadweller, after discount I paid $5900 for it. Comparing that to my Feb 2014 purchase of the BLNR, after discount I spent $8358 or there abouts. I'm pretty much out of the new watch game.........................unless they actually release a Challenger.
Rolex57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2014, 05:29 AM   #2
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
I'd suggest check around. I shop new at Raffi (Yorkdale). Talk to the owner there, Vahee. I'm certain he will do better
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2014, 06:28 AM   #3
Eric Chan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Day-Date 118238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolex57 View Post
Went over to Royal DeVersaille in Toronto which has it's own Rolex Boutique this afternoon during lunch.

I'm a fan of the Deepsea and was hoping to check out the Challenge Edition that recently came out.

To my dismay, they had received one but it had sold shortly thereafter.

I inquired about price of the revamped DS. Turns out it's something like $13,500 CAD. Original DS I believe is now $12,900 CAD if I remember correctly.

Good thing I bought my BLNR back in Feb 2014 because on May 1 2014 the price went up by $500 CAD.

On top of that, she told me the discounts/haggle room is now generally 10% for almost all the models except for special editions like the DS Blue which they could only offer up 5%.

Biggest surprise was that for the Hulk and Milgauss, there is no NO discount. At least from them, though I generally wonder how stringent they are on this once they have a paying customer in front of them.

When asked about why such a drastic change in Rolex pricing, she told me that Rolex Canada both increased price and reduced the dealers profit margin, so they're making less once a discount is offered than before.

Comparing my first Rolex purchase in 2007 which was a brand new Seadweller, after discount I paid $5900 for it. Comparing that to my Feb 2014 purchase of the BLNR, after discount I spent $8358 or there abouts. I'm pretty much out of the new watch game.........................unless they actually release a Challenger.
The AD I deal with advised me of this change in pricing for Canada, ie. dealer purchasing watches at a higher cost, thus resulting in a lower discount being offered to the customer. He also advised that the ability to discount SS sport watches is becoming less and less. People will be lucky to get a 10% discount on those pieces nowadays. For pieces like the BLNR and LV, they will offer very small discounts, if any (5% or less).

You are lucky that you picked up the BLNR before May 1st. I picked mine up in June.
Eric Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2014, 08:31 AM   #4
f458
Banned

Watch: DSSD 114060 sub bl
Try Knar in oakville pay cash they are very fair
f458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2014, 11:16 PM   #5
ExplorerChris
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer II 16550
Check with Susi @ Knar in Oakville
They are great and have an awesome inventory. 905-815-8777

A Watch Is Just A Watch
A Rolex Is A Timepiece
ExplorerChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2014, 12:13 PM   #6
smc23
"TRF" Member

Watch: SubC
I can't believe you got the BLNR for $8358. Is that with tax included? If so you are very lucky! I paid many many hundreds more for mine, albeit I got mine after the price increase.

As far as the LV I can't seem to find any AD that will budge on this piece. The wait list is pretty long too at a month if an AD doesn't have one in stock. I have heard this model is more scarce in Canada.
smc23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2014, 12:40 PM   #7
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Hulks are readily available over this side of the niagara boys. Let me know who wants one! Free night in TO for me
GB-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2014, 12:43 PM   #8
diracpoint
2024 Pledge Member

Hulk is available at Gemoro, Edmonton
diracpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2014, 01:00 PM   #9
ispep
"TRF" Member

I apologize for jumping in on this thread. it's a little off topic. I was wondering if anyone know if the Patek 5726 is available in the east there?
ispep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2014, 05:07 PM   #10
watchco90
"TRF" Member

Hi.
Quick question is it cheaper to buy DjII presidential in Canada or Usa?
watchco90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2014, 05:28 PM   #11
Jayshan
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchco90 View Post
Hi.
Quick question is it cheaper to buy DjII presidential in Canada or Usa?
If you from Canada, it's better to buy it from here in Canada.
Canadian AD will give you good discount.

ROLEX SUBMARINER 116610LN
Jayshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2014, 11:24 PM   #12
nfld
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub & Aqua Terra
Hi all, looking to buy my first Rolex, looked online & I like the Rolex Oyster Perpetual 36mm, either steel or blue Dial. This will be my first Rolex and I am looking to buy something that will be a time piece for myself but also an heirloom that I can pass down to my son/grandson. I like the simplicity of the Oyster Perpetual, I never liked extra buttons and I don't even care if the date is on the watch, I want simplicity. Question for everyone, can someone give me an an approximation of it's cost? I am from Nfld but travel fairly often so I may wait till I get to Edmonton next month where I can save 7% on taxes. I see some of you mention AD discounts, what is a normal discount to ask for when buying a Rolex? Sorry if this post is all over the place...new to the Rolex world!!
nfld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2014, 05:27 AM   #13
Rolex57
Banned

Watch: DSSD, YM2 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by smc23 View Post
I can't believe you got the BLNR for $8358. Is that with tax included? If so you are very lucky! I paid many many hundreds more for mine, albeit I got mine after the price increase.

As far as the LV I can't seem to find any AD that will budge on this piece. The wait list is pretty long too at a month if an AD doesn't have one in stock. I have heard this model is more scarce in Canada.
Yeah, that $8358 includes tax. Purchased new at RoyalDeVersaille in Toronto on the weekend of Feb 22, 2014if I recall correctly. Would have to look at my sales slip again for sure.

Interesting about your comment on scarcity on the LV. RDV had one the day I bought the BLNR. Offered me the same discount as the BLNR. In fact, I was down to these 2 choices and brought a friend along to give me a 2nd opinion on which I should buy. He thought there was too much green. Myself, as I already had a Deepsea, I didn't really need another diving watch, so I went with the BLNR. Glad I did.
Rolex57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2014, 05:29 AM   #14
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by ispep View Post
I apologize for jumping in on this thread. it's a little off topic. I was wondering if anyone know if the Patek 5726 is available in the east there?
Try Humbertown Jewellers. Tried on the 5711 a while back and they had a decent selection
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote