The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 22 January 2021, 10:43 AM   #91
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

i hope mahomes plays. obviously i wish the best for him health wise but nfl fans would be robbed of what should be an amazing game if he sits out
huncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2021, 10:43 AM   #92
ronricks
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritium8 View Post
I know it's a watch forum but those wings!!!
I was going to say the same thing. I love some wings.
ronricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2021, 10:46 AM   #93
Boothroyd
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Wilsdorf(s)
I don't know that this will mean anything, but the Packers former GM, Ted Thompson, passed away last night. I mention it because he drafted or acquired 19 of the 22 current Packers starters on offense and defense, and all their current All-Pro players.

A little extra incentive, perhaps, for GB this weekend.
Old 22 January 2021, 10:55 AM   #94
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5205R
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
I hope we get the chance to play the chiefs with mahomes because I honestly think we can beat them. Certainly not making guarantees because they are sensational but at this point we aren’t afraid of anyone.

It would really be something if we get the chance to beat Tom Brady in a Super Bowl after 20 years of him beating the crap out of us lol
Do you really man? I have loved Buffalo for a long time. Those four Super Bowls were remarkably painful. Then to have that idiot Wade Phillips pull Flutie out and put Rob Johnson in after Flutie‘s awesome season and then get beat by the music city miracle!!! By the way that happened while I was celebrating the bills victory in the bathroom. I heard the crowd cheering and I knew that couldn’t be right because they were in Nashville and we had just won I thought. I just can’t take it. Kansas City is very strong. Mahomes it’s going to be a Tom Brady caliber quarterback I’m sure. So long as he stops being stupid by playing a running back. I all I know is I’m going to be a nervous wreck Sunday night watching this game. I hope Buffalo pulls it off. If not I will be rooting for the NFC in the Super Bowl.

Pride goes before destruction, and haughtiness before a fall.

Often times unbelief is disguised as wisdom

Instagram - patton250
Patton250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2021, 10:56 AM   #95
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
So the winner of the Bills-Chiefs game plays the Lions in the superbowl?
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2021, 10:56 AM   #96
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by huncho View Post
i hope mahomes plays. obviously i wish the best for him health wise but nfl fans would be robbed of what should be an amazing game if he sits out
He will play. No doubt. It would be a scandal if he didn’t play. I don’t see how he got a concussion anyway with that hit. I think he’s fine. His toe might be injured though. But even still I bet he does awesome. And that sucks. LOL :-)

Instagram - patton250
Old 22 January 2021, 10:57 AM   #97
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
Um..........noooooooo

Sometimes I swear you are a Marine Paul.

Instagram - patton250
Old 22 January 2021, 11:02 AM   #98
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
He will play. No doubt. It would be a scandal if he didn’t play. I don’t see how he got a concussion anyway with that hit. I think he’s fine. His toe might be injured though. But even still I bet he does awesome. And that sucks. LOL :-)
yeah he had a bum leg in the last game but it didn't even matter. honestly the guy is a cheat code, i don't really know what you do to stop him. probably the most talented qb we've ever seen
Old 22 January 2021, 11:15 AM   #99
Boothroyd

Watch: Wilsdorf(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
Lions got a new coach...give it a few years, Paul. Great intro press conference. "Restore the Roar", right?

As an 8 year old kid, first game at Lambeau Field as a Packers fan, was against the Lions. Lions fan, guy I suspect is was in his fifties, sitting behind me in the bleacher seats. He yells at the top of his lungs in the early first quarter, "C'mon Lions....ROOOOAAAAAR...Get IN there"!! I think I jumped 2 feet in the air, as I had never been in a football crowd like that. I turned around, the guy had a big smile on his face. He said, "Welcome to the NFL, kid". My dad, sitting next to me, laughed. Will never forget it.

"Restore the ROAR"!
Old 22 January 2021, 11:16 AM   #100
Romeojk

Watch: Submariner 114060
Go Bills!

A Patriots fan here, but the tide has turned and we are out, so good luck to the Bills!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Romeojk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2021, 11:19 AM   #101
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boothroyd View Post
Lions got a new coach...give it a few years, Paul. Great intro press conference. "Restore the Roar", right?
I heard they are changing the nickname.... the Detroit “wait until next year” s
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2021, 11:27 AM   #102
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
yeah he had a bum leg in the last game but it didn't even matter. honestly the guy is a cheat code, i don't really know what you do to stop him. probably the most talented qb we've ever seen
Whoa there. Let’s give him another decade and then reassess the situation. Let’s also just agree he’s a very talented young man with a promising future so long as he quits playing running back. If he doesn’t quit doing that he won’t make it in the league past his 30th birthday.

Instagram - patton250
Old 22 January 2021, 11:31 AM   #103
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Whoa there. Let’s give him another decade and then reassess the situation. Let’s also just agree he’s a very talented young man with a promising future so long as he quits playing running back. If he doesn’t quit doing that he won’t make it in the league past his 30th birthday.
imo you can already argue that he's the most talented we've seen. i'm not talking about longevity or going into the discussion of best qb of all time because obviously it's way too early. i just meant strictly in terms of talent. if you look at past all time great qbs none of them could consistently pull off the insane on the run throws so casually, not to mention his cross body or off the wrong foot throws, or play as well as he does out of the pocket and in scrambles

whether or not there were better qbs out there is a whole other discussion and personally i consider brady the best of all time (as much as it pains me to say that as a giants fan) and i don't see anyone overtaking him for a long time

i do agree though he needs to stop trying to be so much of a hero, but he's gotten better as time goes on with that, he was much more reckless in his mvp year
Old 22 January 2021, 11:48 AM   #104
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
imo you can already argue that he's the most talented we've seen. i'm not talking about longevity or going into the discussion of best qb of all time because obviously it's way too early. i just meant strictly in terms of talent. if you look at past all time great qbs none of them could consistently pull off the insane on the run throws so casually, not to mention his cross body or off the wrong foot throws, or play as well as he does out of the pocket and in scrambles

whether or not there were better qbs out there is a whole other discussion and personally i consider brady the best of all time (as much as it pains me to say that as a giants fan) and i don't see anyone overtaking him for a long time

i do agree though he needs to stop trying to be so much of a hero, but he's gotten better as time goes on with that, he was much more reckless in his mvp year
No I disagree. I don’t think he’s as talented as Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. He might be equal to but not more than. And I even doubt that. However he has the potential if their team keeps going to beat both those men. But like I said let’s give it a decade and I’ll get back to you.

Instagram - patton250
Old 22 January 2021, 02:01 PM   #105
Diablo9489
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126621, 118238
Quote:
No I disagree. I don’t think he’s as talented as Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. He might be equal to but not more than. And I even doubt that. However he has the potential if their team keeps going to beat both those men. But like I said let’s give it a decade and I’ll get back to you.

Next your going to tell me “Defense wins championships!” Or “You need to run and stop the run”

Big difference between most talented and most successful.

Diablo9489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2021, 02:04 PM   #106
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diablo9489 View Post
Next your going to tell me “Defense wins championships!” Or “You need to run and stop the run”

Big difference between most talented and most successful.

Not really. Especially because most talented is subjective. Most successful is documented.

Instagram - patton250
Old 22 January 2021, 02:11 PM   #107
Dubshack
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126334
Quote:

You’re describing Aaron Rodgers earlier in his career.

Mahomes is the closest thing I’ve seen to him.

I’m rooting for Rodgers to get his 2nd ring. He’s too good of a QB to just have 1.

Dubshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2021, 02:17 PM   #108
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubshack View Post

I’m rooting for Rodgers to get his 2nd ring. He’s too good of a QB to just have 1.

So Aaron Rodgers is the most talented awesome quarterback when he first started?

This thread is getting funny at this point.

No offense to Aaron Rodgers of course. He’s pretty awesome. But I think you get my point.

Instagram - patton250
Old 22 January 2021, 02:43 PM   #109
Dubshack
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126334
Quote:
So Aaron Rodgers is the most talented awesome quarterback when he first started?

This thread is getting funny at this point.

No offense to Aaron Rodgers of course. He’s pretty awesome. But I think you get my point.

He won a super bowl in his 3rd year starting, and MVP in his 4th, so yeah, I’d say he was pretty talented when first starting.

Dubshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2021, 03:47 PM   #110
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
I don’t think I’m going out on a limb to say before Mahomes AR was considered to be the most gifted quarterback of all time.

Brady didn’t get 6 rings by making incredible throws. Talent alone doesn’t get you 6 rings like in basketball. He’s also a cheater so there’s that.

I hope the packers hang 50 on them whether the bills win or lose.
Old 22 January 2021, 05:04 PM   #111
favre12rodgers
Banned

Quote:
I don’t think I’m going out on a limb to say before Mahomes AR was considered to be the most gifted quarterback of all time.

Brady didn’t get 6 rings by making incredible throws. Talent alone doesn’t get you 6 rings like in basketball. He’s also a cheater so there’s that.

I haven't seen Mahomes play as much to really judge him. That being said, I am highly doubting skill-wise he is anywhere near what Rodgers is. I think Mahomes is definitely a good player.....but he is helped by some amazing talent on offense and a great scheme. Rodgers has had NOTHING talent-wise most of his career and has put up these stats regardless. Rodgers is amazingly smart in case you haven't heard him talk.....he honestly is probably one of the most intelligent people in all sports....like could be (and has been) on Jeopardy smart. He can recite exact plays from 7-8 years ago....the exact scheme the defense was playing...and how the play happened.

Rodgers has been doing this forever. Mahomes has done it a couple years. He will likely hit 500 TD's before he gets to 100 INT's. That is amazing. I don't think anyone has been more skilled playing the position...although I only go back to like the 80's....so Montana was my first memories of a great QB.

I think Brady is definitely a great player....and obviously he instills max confidence in his team (as did Belichick) but he isn't this amazingly skilled QB. He just isn't. He has looked really average the last 2 years according to people in the know.....despite the fact he has amazing talent this year on offense. Brady is overrated I feel despite the 6 SB's. This isn't the NBA where Jordan basically won his 6 titles due to a majority of his doing. The NFL is a team game....simply put. That being said, the 6 SB's is amazing by Brady and I don't ever see it being beat.
favre12rodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2021, 05:06 PM   #112
favre12rodgers
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boothroyd View Post
I don't know that this will mean anything, but the Packers former GM, Ted Thompson, passed away last night. I mention it because he drafted or acquired 19 of the 22 current Packers starters on offense and defense, and all their current All-Pro players.

A little extra incentive, perhaps, for GB this weekend.
Absolutely hated him in 2008 because Brett Favre was my idol.....but he really does have a huge hand in this year's team and I do feel these guys will put it all out there in his honor this weekend. The Packers have had far too many past players and coaches pass away this last year. I hope they do it for them...
favre12rodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2021, 08:18 PM   #113
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
He won a super bowl in his 3rd year starting, and MVP in his 4th, so yeah, I’d say he was pretty talented when first starting.

I completely agree. However lots of people got Super Bowl wins in their first year or two. Like I said Aaron Rodgers is remarkably talented. I wish he had played for the Buffalo Bills his whole career.

Quote:

The whole he cheated thing is so old. I mean unbelievably old. It’s desperate actually. You should really try a different angle if you don’t like the man. In other words people that know football and the history of it know that the accusation of cheating is lame at best and defamatory at worst. Truth is Tom Brady is the greatest quarterback of all time and I doubt anyone will ever dethrone him even if the game of football is played for another thousand years. Same thing with Michael Jordan being the greatest basketball player of all time. Same thing with the New York Yankees being the greatest baseball team of all time. These are things that just will never be topped no matter how many years professional sports is played.

Now getting back to the subject of the Buffalo Bills. I love these guys and they are my favorite team but I don’t really think they can beat the Chiefs. I do think Mahomes is the better quarterback and what makes him one of the best quarterbacks in the league right now as he has the top three fastest wide receivers in the league. He doesn’t have one of the top three he has all top three of the fastest wide receivers. He has first, second and third place fastest wide receivers. That’s tough for any defense to play against and an excellent advantage for any quarterback regardless of their talent.

Instagram - patton250
Old 22 January 2021, 08:53 PM   #114
Jfo122
Banned

I hope the Bills advance even though I love the giants. They look the best in many years, and now have the "goods". The folks in western NY must be loving it.
Jfo122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2021, 10:35 PM   #115
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I completely agree. However lots of people got Super Bowl wins in their first year or two. Like I said Aaron Rodgers is remarkably talented. I wish he had played for the Buffalo Bills his whole career.

The whole he cheated thing is so old. I mean unbelievably old. It’s desperate actually. You should really try a different angle if you don’t like the man. In other words people that know football and the history of it know that the accusation of cheating is lame at best and defamatory at worst. Truth is Tom Brady is the greatest quarterback of all time and I doubt anyone will ever dethrone him even if the game of football is played for another thousand years. Same thing with Michael Jordan being the greatest basketball player of all time. Same thing with the New York Yankees being the greatest baseball team of all time. These are things that just will never be topped no matter how many years professional sports is played.

Now getting back to the subject of the Buffalo Bills. I love these guys and they are my favorite team but I don’t really think they can beat the Chiefs. I do think Mahomes is the better quarterback and what makes him one of the best quarterbacks in the league right now as he has the top three fastest wide receivers in the league. He doesn’t have one of the top three he has all top three of the fastest wide receivers. He has first, second and third place fastest wide receivers. That’s tough for any defense to play against and an excellent advantage for any quarterback regardless of their talent.

They’ve been caught cheating several times. You need to look up what defamatory means Brett.

Your statement of nobody beating Brady for a thousand years speaks to your delusion.
Old 22 January 2021, 11:54 PM   #116
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
They’ve been caught cheating several times. You need to look up what defamatory means Brett.

Your statement of nobody beating Brady for a thousand years speaks to your delusion.

That’s your opinion. I’ve read the investigations and they were a joke. More people directly involved in the NFL ad well as most fans agree with me and not you.

As far as who is the best and 1000 years goes just as soon as another quarterback earns 7 Super Bowl rings get back to me.

Instagram - patton250
Old 23 January 2021, 12:04 AM   #117
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

it's unfortunate that rodgers only has 1, same with brees. i don't understand how sean payton gets so much praise when he gets a generational incredibly consistent qb like brees and only makes the superbowl one time. and then the packers draft a qb when they have rodgers and a team that's clearly good enough to make another run, pretty embarrassing on the front office side

those 2 deserve better
Old 23 January 2021, 12:27 AM   #118
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
.... Then to have that idiot Wade Phillips pull Flutie out and put Rob Johnson in after Flutie‘s awesome season and then get beat by the music city miracle!!! .
Oh man ... you just had to go there

Flutie was on a roll and as a fan of him in Toronto with the Argos, that was tough to watch.
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2021, 12:47 AM   #119
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
That’s your opinion. I’ve read the investigations and they were a joke. More people directly involved in the NFL ad well as most fans agree with me and not you.

As far as who is the best and 1000 years goes just as soon as another quarterback earns 7 Super Bowl rings get back to me.

Will do although I don’t expect to live even 5% of that duration so may prove difficult.
Old 23 January 2021, 12:59 AM   #120
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Will do although I don’t expect to live even 5% of that duration so may prove difficult.
Fair enough.

Instagram - patton250