The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 16 January 2021, 02:49 PM   #31
BNA/LION
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ROLEX
Nice Collection Danny! Thanks for turning me on to the different Creed fragrances! I remember Years ago you and Trace taking me to a boutique in Las Vegas to buy my firstbottle.

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2021, 03:14 PM   #32
7sins
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEleven View Post
As niche fragrances go its actually looked at as being quite cheap. I wear a lot of ensar stuff but only his lower end and mid tier stuff. His high end stuff is $5000 for 3 ml so imagine how much 100ml would cost more that some peoples houses.
What's the story with ensar? Any particular favorites? Just checked out their website, looks like a nice hidden gem but there are a ton of choices.
Richard Mille RG RM030 || Richard Mille RM72ti || AP 26240 50TH Green Royal Oak Chrono || AP Royal Oak Blue JUMBO SS 15202ST || AP ROO Diver Green 15720ST || ♕ Rolex Platinum Daytona Diamond 116506 || Cartier Santos
7sins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2021, 03:15 PM   #33
offrdmania
2024 Pledge Member

I Have Aventus, its my everyday scent. The girlfriend loves it
I also wear Bond #9, "The scent of Peace for Men". It is very fruitful and floral. A very nice scent.
Old 16 January 2021, 03:32 PM   #34
MrEleven
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega-Rolex-AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7sins View Post
What's the story with ensar? Any particular favorites? Just checked out their website, looks like a nice hidden gem but there are a ton of choices.
If you like real oud he's the man to go to. I have a lot of them no1 and no2 are fantastic fragrances but think there sold out now. Also his iris noir attar is the best quality attar I've ever experienced. Pure oils I've yet to buy one I didn’t like. Good thing about ensar is when you buy a oil he always includes a few samples to test his other offerings.
MrEleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2021, 04:41 PM   #35
Ny325
"TRF" Member

Watch: DW-5600BB
Aventus
Green Irish Tweed
Taberone
Vetiver

Those are the 4 fragrances I use. Yes, there expensive because they use quality ingredients. Once you purchase one, you will be adding more to your collection.
Ny325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2021, 04:48 PM   #36
Ny325
"TRF" Member

Watch: DW-5600BB
Quote:
Originally Posted by returntorolex View Post
Erolfa is my favorite. Did the whole boutique thing and smelled about 20 before settling on this scent. My wife loves it and so do I.
I used Erolfa as my spring/summer fragrance. I enjoyed it. I’ll get another bottle, once my Green Irish Tweed runs out.
Ny325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2021, 06:32 PM   #37
meloncap78
"TRF" Member

Watch: LV C
Funny this thread popped up. Polo green has been my signature scent forever (vintage of course) but old bottles are getting up there in price. I have been wanting to dabble in the Creed house scents but I am not sure which scent will be closest to the Tobacco, pine, oak moss scent I love so much from PG.
meloncap78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2021, 07:06 PM   #38
Vivalas
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
I had a ridiculously good hour on the roulette table in Wynn a couple of years ago and headed to the Forum at Caesars to buy my wife some clothes before I gambled away my winnings. I passed the Creed Boutique (quite a cool glass building) and thought I’d treat myself. Bought a large Aventus in there which felt like a lot of money at the time, but as it was Wynn’s money who was I to complain eh :-)

Very very nice scent. Worth the money? Not sure.

Green Irish Tweed is really good as well.
Vivalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2021, 11:05 PM   #39
emtee
"TRF" Member

It’s nice but like most Creeds 2016 and earlier batches are much better
emtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2021, 12:11 AM   #40
illiguy
2024 Pledge Member

Good work, TRF. Perused Saks and, long story short, purchased. Great stuff.
illiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2021, 02:33 AM   #41
Chloe&Harley
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Milgauss white
Quote:
Originally Posted by illiguy View Post
Good work, TRF. Perused Saks and, long story short, purchased. Great stuff.
And the next addiction starts
Chloe&Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2021, 07:30 AM   #42
meloncap78
"TRF" Member

You guys are bad for my wallet. No place near me sells creed except one and they have no testers. I blind bought a 1.7oz bottle of Aventus from fragrance.net. I hope I am not disappointed.
Old 17 January 2021, 07:50 AM   #43
Burlington
"TRF" Member

If anyone is into fragrances, I can highly recommend finding a good perfumery and create your own bespoke fragrance.

Been using the same one for a good few years now, re-order a bottle each year.

1 of 1 bottle available so worldwide, so nice to have something a bit more unique than what everyone else wears.

― Winston S. Churchill
Burlington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2021, 07:52 AM   #44
Jfo122
Banned

you think the creed is expensive? Try Clive Christian No 1
Jfo122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2021, 10:07 AM   #45
Manofsteelpt
"TRF" Member

I have 9 or 10 Creed colognes, with Aventus being my goto. I like not smelling like anyone else. It’s a lil pricy, but a little goes a long way, and lasts all day.
Old 17 January 2021, 10:24 AM   #46
returntorolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Jackie Stewart DD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny83 View Post
Honestly it smells great !!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Enter the enabler
returntorolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2021, 06:07 PM   #47
Tommyk
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7sins View Post
There are a lot of better options than Creed for less money, I own Aventus and do enjoy it but a bit over-rated.
I couldn't of said it any better.

Examples of manufactures that provide more quality to me are: Clive Christian, Frederic Malle, Kilian, Maison Francis Kurkdjian, Roja
And for a more department store available : Tom Ford private collection and Jo Malone Intense.

Two recent scents that REALLY impressed me were the new BVLGARI Le Gemme line and House of Sillage Dignified

Tommyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2021, 11:11 PM   #48
Chloe&Harley
2024 Pledge Member

Mancera Cedrat Boise is similar at a quarter of the cost
Old 18 January 2021, 02:53 AM   #49
hambone1983
2024 Pledge Member

there is a component in commercial fragrances called the fixative. Aroma compounds by themselves are volatile & typically dissipate quickly. It is the fixative that makes a scent last. The best natural fixative is called ambergris. It is created in the digestive system of sperm whales. They cannot digest the beaks of squid and so they form these stinky, greasy plugs to ease their passage out into the ocean. Some believe it is vomited, others maintain it comes out the poop shoot. After an extended period of bobbing around the ocean it may wash up on a shore somewhere. By that time it no longer has a foul & rancid stank and is actually quite pleasant. And if you touch it, the smell lingers for hours to days.

Artificial ambergris called ambroxide is much more commonly used in colognes. It has been suggested that Creed still uses some natural ambergris or has some proprietary process to produce ambergris tinctures. All I know is Green Irish Tweed and Aventus smell amazing. Ditto Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi. I go for fresh/green scents, these are definitely some of the gold standards in that class.
hambone1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2021, 04:12 AM   #50
dmash
"TRF" Member

Honestly guys, I have ~99% full bottles of 100mL Millesime Imperial and 100mL Royal Water if anybody potentially wants to purchase (and not pay retail). I just have entirely too many scents right now and am traveling so much I never use them.

Just PM me with an offer if interested!
dmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2021, 06:05 AM   #51
BT1985
"TRF" Member

This forum turned me onto it. I originally balked at the price but after pulling the trigger I don’t regret the purchase one bit. Smells amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BT1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2021, 06:32 AM   #52
The Joker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hambone1983 View Post
there is a component in commercial fragrances called the fixative. Aroma compounds by themselves are volatile & typically dissipate quickly. It is the fixative that makes a scent last. The best natural fixative is called ambergris. It is created in the digestive system of sperm whales. They cannot digest the beaks of squid and so they form these stinky, greasy plugs to ease their passage out into the ocean. Some believe it is vomited, others maintain it comes out the poop shoot. After an extended period of bobbing around the ocean it may wash up on a shore somewhere. By that time it no longer has a foul & rancid stank and is actually quite pleasant. And if you touch it, the smell lingers for hours to days.

Artificial ambergris called ambroxide is much more commonly used in colognes. It has been suggested that Creed still uses some natural ambergris or has some proprietary process to produce ambergris tinctures. All I know is Green Irish Tweed and Aventus smell amazing. Ditto Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi. I go for fresh/green scents, these are definitely some of the gold standards in that class.
So we are all spraying whale on ourselves?
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2021, 07:12 AM   #53
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Speaking of amber (not related to ambergris), oh my god, original TF Amber Absolute was one of my favorite scents ever. Wish I had bought another bottle!
dmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2021, 09:42 AM   #54
hambone1983
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
So we are all spraying whale on ourselves?
yes, and paying $400 a bottle for the privilege to do so.

When I was vacationing in Belize one of the main beach resort areas is called Ambergris Cay. Every morning I walked along the beach to see if any actual ambergris washed up. I have no idea how much that stuff goes for, but I figured if I ever was gonna see the real thing it would be there, and I probably could've paid for my trip a few times over with what I'd get for it. My wife asked what I was looking for & I told her whale dookie. She said try the bottom of the ocean.
hambone1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2021, 08:27 AM   #55
illiguy
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
yes, and paying $400 a bottle for the privilege to do so.

When I was vacationing in Belize one of the main beach resort areas is called Ambergris Cay. Every morning I walked along the beach to see if any actual ambergris washed up. I have no idea how much that stuff goes for, but I figured if I ever was gonna see the real thing it would be there, and I probably could've paid for my trip a few times over with what I'd get for it. My wife asked what I was looking for & I told her whale dookie. She said try the bottom of the ocean.
illiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2021, 05:42 AM   #56
BNA/LION
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ROLEX
Thanks Danny83 for enabling me Again!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Creed.jpg (38.2 KB, 51 views)

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2021, 07:31 AM   #57
Bosstime
Banned

Believe it or not. there are cheaper perfumes that smell nicer than the Creed Aventus. I follow JeremyFragrance on Instagram, he does alot of comparisons on Colognes.
Bosstime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2021, 07:38 AM   #58
MrGoat
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16613

Bought the sampler pack. Viking, millisime imperial and Aventus. Tried aventus, one small spray and wow that stuff is potent. I think the smell is good but a little strong. We will see what she says when she comes home. So far I believe I could make a tester last a year with the potency of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MrGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2021, 08:10 AM   #59
Chloe&Harley
2024 Pledge Member

Viking is very nice as well
Old 23 January 2021, 08:24 AM   #60
meloncap78
"TRF" Member

Yup, got my bottle of Aventus yesterday. Wife flew on my out of nowhere . There is so much going on with this scent. On the dry down you think you just get one note but the complexity comes through and there’s that added bit that makes it so unique and different. An absolute olfactory pleasure. My new signature. So long wickedly overpriced vintage Polo green from eBay. I still love original Polo green though no hate there.