The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 1 November 2017, 10:42 AM   #31
R@lex
"TRF" Member

Watch: dd40 228235
Now he is having a discussion with the guy who spotted the fake. But he is backing up as the guy is right and he knows it is fake.
Entertaining at least!!!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1503...tion&ref=notif
Old 2 November 2017, 02:10 AM   #32
cda555
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT IIc and PO
Quote:
Originally Posted by R@lex View Post
Now he is having a discussion with the guy who spotted the fake. But he is backing up as the guy is right and he knows it is fake.
Entertaining at least!!!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1503...tion&ref=notif
it's a closed group so I can't see this conversation
cda555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2017, 07:41 AM   #33
R@lex
"TRF" Member

Watch: dd40 228235
The response of the fake gmt owner to the guy who spotted. He's allegedly spoke to the guy who sold him the gmt...lol

Screen Shot 2017-11-11 at 19.38.48.png
Old 16 November 2017, 08:30 AM   #34
jstan9
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by shabaang View Post
I'm a new member and I'm very uncomfortable seeing you try to authenticate watches when clearly you have no business doing this. You saw 3-4 issues on a real watch? lol .. ok.. a mod asked you state the issues, you did not. Not here attacking, just stating facts.

I'm trying to look out for others since you like to give bad advice based on what i've seen.

that other thread would've been 100x better if you had never posted..what does that tell you?

I've warned others, now they can do what they want with the info.
Dude, let’s dial back the personal animus...I read the sub thread referenced cover to cover...I don’t think anyone claimed omniscience. And we all can be a bit rough around the edges in the way we phrase things.

I think you’ve made your point and Gladiator has answered. Let’s move on to helping out this OP with his query.
jstan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2017, 11:18 AM   #35
Canook
"TRF" Member

Watch: too many to list
Quote:
I'm a new member and I'm very uncomfortable seeing you try to authenticate watches when clearly you have no business doing this. You saw 3-4 issues on a real watch? lol .. ok.. a mod asked you state the issues, you did not. Not here attacking, just stating facts.

I'm trying to look out for others since you like to give bad advice based on what i've seen.

that other thread would've been 100x better if you had never posted..what does that tell you?

Mate im in this section all the time and i can tell you from what i have witnessed Gladiator will never pass his opinion(and its a very experienced one at that!) unless hes 100%
Ive seen guys bashing away on watches and he will quite clearly say "without better pictures he cannot judge accurately"
He has never mislead anyone and ive yet to see im make a wrong call....... so do yourself a favour before insulting one of the good guys around here and do a search through the forums...... might make your stay a bit more friendly.
Alot of people have been saved alot of heartache due to his knowledge and i for one appreciate the effort he puts in

And if Crowncollection passes his opinion its gospel lol!
-16610LV KERMIT
-116600 SD4000....16612 Yachtmaster- 16710 PEPSI
-216570(polar)
-
-Yachtmaster II 116688 126300 Datejust 41 jubilee

* Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons *
Canook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2017, 01:53 AM   #36
CaveDweller
"TRF" Member

Watch: Timex
shabaang - you seem to be basing your "opinion" on just one thread - neatly ignoring the other 2,980 post that the man has made

Seems like dodgy arithmetic to me, but you can choose what counts as you see fit .....
CaveDweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2017, 04:54 AM   #37
Uhtred59
"TRF" Member

Watch: 216570
Quote:

That is twice you mentioned you are a new member, and having watched this site for a bit I am not sure you should be offering advice.