The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Breitling Discussion Forum

Old 11 December 2022, 11:20 AM   #1
die hard gopher
"TRF" Member

Breitling B01 service question

So I bought a Breitling Navitimer 01 43 ref AB0120, the previous generation black dial, gold wings logo back this August. It is a 2014 model year I believe and when I purchased it, the dealer had it given a Breitling factory service last December.

However despite the Breitling factory service, the power reserve is completely off from the 70 hours and there are times when I've worn it all day, for several consecutive days and it will have stopped running by the time I wake up if I wake up a little later than I normally do on the weekends and sometimes even if I give it a good winding the day before. I don't think it's ever lasted a full 24 hours even after full winding let along 70. It's been disappointing because part of the reason I opted for the b01 over a valjoux 7750 navitimer was because of the extra day of power reserve.

Now I wouldn't care too much considering I bought it pre owned and its now 8 years old but the concerning part is that it got a full service from Breitling themselves and only 8 months later when I purchased it, the power reserve is completely off. If it was a few years later or not serviced by Breitling themselves I'd feel different but that's not the case.

The accuracy is also about -5 seconds per day, which considering it's been less than a year from a factory service, I'd hope it'd be closer to 2-3 seconds but -5 isn't a disaster.

Anyways I really don't feel like dropping a load of cash on getting its serviced considering I already dropped over $6000 including tax, customs, new strap and everything on it just a few months ago so I'll probably wait a year or two until after my next big purchase, I'm saving up for a Rolex steel sports model and I'd rather keep saving up for that then have the servicing costs cut into my watch savings budget.

But when I do eventually decide to get it serviced, do you guys have any recommendations about how I go about making sure the power reserve is fixed? Should I send it to a Breitling AD and let them know specifically about the issue, should I avoid sending it to Breitling directly since they didn't fix the issue to begin with the first time? Should I send it to a local watch repair guy and tell him about my issue? Since it's already 8 years old, is it already a lost cause even with a new service?

If anyone has ever had a similar experience, any feedback would be appreciated, Thanks.
die hard gopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2022, 04:19 AM   #2
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
Send it directly to Breitling. Have always been great for me.

As to malfunctioning after a service, I recently sent a Rolex Sub Date in to Rolex for some winding issues I was having. Rare time I sent via AD. AD gets watch back, sets the time and hands to me. Two hours later, the watch stopped working and had to return to Rolex.

So, it happens.

Best to send yourself as you are then the customer and not the AD.
Old 13 December 2022, 02:16 PM   #3
jnelson3097
"TRF" Member

If it got a complete service in December of last year, there should be a warranty from that service. I’m not sure if you’re outside of that window but you may want to call Breitling and ask them if they can do anything about. I’ve had good luck with Breitling doing warranty work on my Chronomat with the same movement. It was in twice for warranty work, once shortly after my purchase and then right before the 5 year warranty was up.
jnelson3097 is offline   Reply With Quote