The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 17 January 2023, 12:15 AM   #61
Johnnyhayward
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pepsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by huydoan View Post
I think it depends on the country. I learn that the Patek distributor in SEA only allows me to buy the Patek strap/deployant/buckle if I have this model bought directly from one of its retailers. for example if I have 5212a, I cannot buy the 6007a strap or SS deployant.
It’s the deployant from the 5935A that fits the 5212. In case you might happen to have a friend that’s purchased one and needs an extra deployant.
Johnnyhayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2023, 09:55 PM   #62
roadster198
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snerks View Post
Its selling for, at minimum 10k+ over retail.

The chance of you getting one at retail randomly from an AD is essentially 0.
Actually....... That's not strictly true.

The first week in December last year I went to my local AD and asked about getting a Rolex Explorer II. I have history with them since 1997 however not massive purchases.

We got to talking about Patek and I expressed big interest in the 5212a just didn't like the colour strap was all. I knew I'd be waiting a while and she told me the same. However maybe I'd get lucky.

Well the following week I got a call and I assumed it was for the Explorer II.

NOPE! it was for the 5212a. A customer with three other Patek models didn't like the dial So she offered it to me.

The AD then proceeded to give me a very generous trade in offer against two of my Rolexes.

She then proceeded to gift me a change of strap which was put on this weekend past in black. What a transformation that has made.

Don't give up hope is all I can say. However you're most likely correct in the 0 chance of actually walking in and picking one up.
roadster198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 January 2023, 12:46 AM   #63
Nico81
"TRF" Member

Watch: Out
Thoughts on the Calatrava 5212A weekly calendar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadster198 View Post
Actually....... That's not strictly true.

The first week in December last year I went to my local AD and asked about getting a Rolex Explorer II. I have history with them since 1997 however not massive purchases.

We got to talking about Patek and I expressed big interest in the 5212a just didn't like the colour strap was all. I knew I'd be waiting a while and she told me the same. However maybe I'd get lucky.

Well the following week I got a call and I assumed it was for the Explorer II.

NOPE! it was for the 5212a. A customer with three other Patek models didn't like the dial So she offered it to me.

The AD then proceeded to give me a very generous trade in offer against two of my Rolexes.

She then proceeded to gift me a change of strap which was put on this weekend past in black. What a transformation that has made.

Don't give up hope is all I can say. However you're most likely correct in the 0 chance of actually walking in and picking one up.

You are replying to a year old comment
Amd in a year things changed alot
Tesla was $350 per share
5712a was $200k
Platinum Daytona baguette dial was $190,000

You get the point…

More importantly.. congratulations on a beautiful time piece

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nico81 is offline   Reply With Quote