The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 22 December 2022, 07:21 AM   #121
rockdrock
"TRF" Member

Gauthier continuum

Have you guys seen this? The color of straps and ease of change will get these Cs to the moon. Really love how different this C1 looks on this matching red strap.

I wish my C3 would come with easy to change Baby blue and white rubber straps.

Oh man! Can’t upload awesome pic. Check IG @jardin_des_rois.
rockdrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2022, 11:02 AM   #122
trips
"TRF" Member

Love the C...super comfortable in the wrist, under the radar, and a spectacular movement. Plus it takes on straps pretty nicely!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0030.jpg (127.8 KB, 729 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0031.jpg (100.7 KB, 733 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0035.jpg (153.7 KB, 727 views)
trips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2023, 11:20 AM   #123
Kingofbears
"TRF" Member

New Year Pickup

Proud to own a RG piece finally! I have always longed for a C and I am so stoked to have this version. They are so wonderfully made and finished. Sad to say I cant resize the bracelet at the moment because the s-slot head bracelet screws are too unique and there are no RG Ads in my country
Attached Images
File Type: jpg g5.jpg (185.5 KB, 667 views)
File Type: jpg g1.jpg (187.0 KB, 678 views)
File Type: jpg g2.jpg (177.3 KB, 667 views)
File Type: jpg g4.jpg (172.8 KB, 670 views)
File Type: jpg g3.jpg (147.7 KB, 676 views)
Kingofbears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2023, 12:45 PM   #124
chet1022
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofbears View Post
Proud to own a RG piece finally! I have always longed for a C and I am so stoked to have this version. They are so wonderfully made and finished. Sad to say I cant resize the bracelet at the moment because the s-slot head bracelet screws are too unique and there are no RG Ads in my country
Congrats! Any info on the salmon dial? AD said RG hadn't released it.
chet1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2023, 01:15 PM   #125
dchang81
2024 Pledge Member

I'm sorry but that seems ridiculous to have S shaped screws for sizing the bracelet....
dchang81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2023, 01:34 PM   #126
Kingofbears
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1022 View Post
Congrats! Any info on the salmon dial? AD said RG hadn't released it.
No info yet.....I'm sure it will look pretty sweet and more sportier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchang81 View Post
I'm sorry but that seems ridiculous to have S shaped screws for sizing the bracelet....
Yeah it seems that way but I can understand the idea behind it because Romain wanted the strap and the watch to be "one" aesthetically hence all the screws are S Shaped as that is his signature. Fortunately I was able to remove one link from each end as those only require a pin pusher
Old 9 January 2023, 01:48 PM   #127
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Mostly blue dials
Quote:
Congrats! How do you find the bracelet and overall feel of this watch with bracelet on your wrist?
Ichiran is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2023, 02:02 PM   #128
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by dchang81 View Post

RG of all people, a man with an engineering background to do that is just ridiculous.
Old 9 January 2023, 02:16 PM   #129
benlee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP, PP
Very nice! Congrats! How you find the bracelet? Comfortable? How's the finishing?
Old 9 January 2023, 03:36 PM   #130
Kingofbears
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiran View Post
Congrats! How do you find the bracelet and overall feel of this watch with bracelet on your wrist?
Thank you!! I can't say much as it still fits a little loose. I am currently enjoying the watch as it is. The only other watch I own is a datejust so I can't form an opinion on the bracelet feel but other than that it is amazing! So much details poured into every aspect of this watch even tho the finishing is not on the level as the micro rotor or logical one. This is because Romain's idea is attract a new level of collectors at this price point

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
RG of all people, a man with an engineering background to do that is just ridiculous.
Fortunately you can remove one link from each end with the pin pusher they provided but that's just about it...the remaining would need to be taken out with a special screwdriver. I guess the reasoning is that the polished S screws also fits with the overall aesthetic of the watch. In RG's own words- the bracelet is the case and the case is the bracelet. I have attached a pic of the bracelet so you guys can see the screws

Quote:
Originally Posted by benlee View Post
Very nice! Congrats! How you find the bracelet? Comfortable? How's the finishing?
Thank you so much! I can't comment on the fit yet as I have one or two more links to remove. The finishing is incredible....and not just the movement....the bezel as well as the sapphire caseback ring is finished with 6 facets to reflect light. The crown also has the same dimpled texture as the bridge
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gc345.jpg (254.9 KB, 650 views)
Old 10 January 2023, 10:02 PM   #131
mph90
"TRF" Member

Congratulations!

Quote:
Many congratulations

Please don't hesitate to post more pictures! Maybe a lume picture?
mph90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2023, 08:40 AM   #132
ts3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Congrats on a beautiful and special watch.

Seems like they should include an s-slot screw driver for resizing the bracelet just like IWC included pushers or a pin pushing tool in the old days.
ts3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2023, 06:30 AM   #133
rockdrock
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Sweet! Congratulations . It looks great.
Old 12 January 2023, 06:31 AM   #134
rockdrock
"TRF" Member

This thing rocks!
Old 12 January 2023, 02:03 PM   #135
MJaber
"TRF" Member

Watch: Romain Gauthier
Quote:
Hey Bud

This is Moe from RG. Kindly send me your details via PM or Instagram and I will sort you for the sizing.

Moe
Old 12 January 2023, 03:49 PM   #136
Kingofbears
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts3 View Post
Congrats on a beautiful and special watch.

Seems like they should include an s-slot screw driver for resizing the bracelet just like IWC included pushers or a pin pushing tool in the old days.
Thanks man! I believe it would pose a tricky situation because that would mean that we are able to open the caseback ourselves too. I'm not too sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdrock View Post
Sweet! Congratulations . It looks great.
Thank you!! You have a pretty nice one yourself too. I originally wanted the 3rd edition but found that it sold out on the day of release!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJaber View Post
Hey Bud

This is Moe from RG. Kindly send me your details via PM or Instagram and I will sort you for the sizing.

Moe
Appreciate it Moe, I've sent you a message on instagram
Old 22 January 2023, 03:10 AM   #137
chet1022
"TRF" Member

Just checked bracelet edition in the metal in AD. It is both elegant and sporty. The grey dial is more lowkey than I thought. Looking forward to the salmon dial release.
Old 22 January 2023, 06:24 AM   #138
mph90
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Just checked bracelet edition in the metal in AD. It is both elegant and sporty. The grey dial is more lowkey than I thought. Looking forward to the salmon dial release.
No pictures? :)
mph90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2023, 03:33 PM   #139
Screwly
"TRF" Member

Watch: “Pepsi”
Does anyone know the water rating on these continuums? I have Ed 3 but can’t find the WR anywhere online. TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
126613lb
326934 jubilee/blue dial
Screwly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2023, 07:58 PM   #140
ts3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwly View Post
Does anyone know the water rating on these continuums? I have Ed 3 but can’t find the WR anywhere online. TIA

The monochrome review below claims 50m.

https://monochrome-watches.com/the-a...m-specs-price/
ts3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2023, 11:58 PM   #141
Screwly
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts3 View Post
The monochrome review below claims 50m.

https://monochrome-watches.com/the-a...m-specs-price/

Thank you. Couldn’t find that info anywhere

126613lb
326934 jubilee/blue dial
Old 25 January 2023, 12:05 AM   #142
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Mostly blue dials
Quote:
Thank you. Couldn’t find that info anywhere
Can try DM @MJaber. He works at RG Customer Experience and he should be able to get that info for you. Great guy
Ichiran is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2023, 05:31 AM   #143
Screwly
"TRF" Member

First one I’ve seen for sale second hand

126613lb
326934 jubilee/blue dial
Old 9 February 2023, 12:18 PM   #144
chet1022
"TRF" Member

Quote:
First one I’ve seen for sale second hand

I do hope the RG brand get more recognition. However, crazy speculation I have to say...
Old 12 May 2023, 01:14 AM   #145
fabialonso
"TRF" Member

I just came across this watch by accident last week and now i am thinking about cancelling my order of Tonda PF and getting a C (bracelet version) instead. I love the looks and also the craftsmanship seems to be on a different level than most other sports watches. Can anything besides Ferrier or Greubel even compare?

Can any of the lucky owners or some of you guys who were able to try this on compare the size and fit to something like a 6-digit Rolex sport model or a 5711/12, 5167/64?

I am have a smaller wrist and anything over 40mm sounds big to me (although i do have and wear some watches that are 40mm+). Then again the lug to lug of 47,8mm seems absolutely fine.

Oh, and congratulations to the lucky owners and thanks for all the pictures in this thread. I always love to see pictures of watches "in the wild". It helps a lot with the decision making.

All the best,
Fabian
fabialonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2023, 04:32 PM   #146
chet1022
"TRF" Member

I tried the grey version once. Absolutely nice watch and feels light-weighted. I also had your concern about size but found it pretty wearable because the 47.8mm lug-to-lug makes it merely 2-3mm longer than a 36mm Rolex. 5164 wears similar for me despite the smaller lug-to-lug because its rubber strap near the watch head is kinda stiff.

If you can order it at retail it is a great choice. I am currently waiting for mine. My AD said the delivery was supposed to be around year end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabialonso View Post
I just came across this watch by accident last week and now i am thinking about cancelling my order of Tonda PF and getting a C (bracelet version) instead. I love the looks and also the craftsmanship seems to be on a different level than most other sports watches. Can anything besides Ferrier or Greubel even compare?

Can any of the lucky owners or some of you guys who were able to try this on compare the size and fit to something like a 6-digit Rolex sport model or a 5711/12, 5167/64?

I am have a smaller wrist and anything over 40mm sounds big to me (although i do have and wear some watches that are 40mm+). Then again the lug to lug of 47,8mm seems absolutely fine.

Oh, and congratulations to the lucky owners and thanks for all the pictures in this thread. I always love to see pictures of watches "in the wild". It helps a lot with the decision making.

All the best,
Fabian
Old 13 May 2023, 05:08 PM   #147
WatchEater666
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I do hope the RG brand get more recognition. However, crazy speculation I have to say...
There’s a used one at Roatovsky for like 45k
WatchEater666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2023, 06:32 AM   #148
991C4S
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trips View Post
Love the C...super comfortable in the wrist, under the radar, and a spectacular movement. Plus it takes on straps pretty nicely!
Very well played, so jealous. Amazing piece my friend!
Rolex Datejust II 116300 x Vacheron Constantin Overseas 47040
991C4S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2023, 11:09 PM   #149
Werk782
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Congrats~ I also paid my deposit for one too~~ Nice piece it is
Werk782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2023, 09:05 PM   #150
fabialonso
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I tried the grey version once. Absolutely nice watch and feels light-weighted. I also had your concern about size but found it pretty wearable because the 47.8mm lug-to-lug makes it merely 2-3mm longer than a 36mm Rolex. 5164 wears similar for me despite the smaller lug-to-lug because its rubber strap near the watch head is kinda stiff.

If you can order it at retail it is a great choice. I am currently waiting for mine. My AD said the delivery was supposed to be around year end.
Thank you, that was very helpful. I finally placed my order and paid the deposit. It took me some consideration, after all it is twice the price of a Tonda PF. But it is just too gorgeous of a watch. I am not really a "sportswatch guy" i usually prefer precious metal on leather but man does this watch check all the right boxes for me.

Congrats again to all the lucky owners and happy waiting for those of you who are late to the party, like myself...

If anyone wants to post some more pics, i wouldn't mind Especially the lever de soleil dial but really, this watch can't do wrong in any configuration.
fabialonso is offline   Reply With Quote