The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 12 September 2022, 08:54 PM   #91
SDGT3
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43 Daytona Blusy
Watched quite a few games yesterday and came away in awe of a handful of receivers. Davonte Adams (Raiders), Jefferson (Vikings) and J. Chase (Bengals). They are so good, everyone knows they need to cover them, but they always seem to be open and make it look effortless.

Also in awe of Tom Brady (I know, not a shocker).... it's just amazing that a guy who is 45 years old is still performing at the level he is.
SDGT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2022, 09:46 PM   #92
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDGT3 View Post
Watched quite a few games yesterday and came away in awe of a handful of receivers. Davonte Adams (Raiders), Jefferson (Vikings) and J. Chase (Bengals). They are so good, everyone knows they need to cover them, but they always seem to be open and make it look effortless.

Also in awe of Tom Brady (I know, not a shocker).... it's just amazing that a guy who is 45 years old is still performing at the level he is.
Chase was a walking highlight reel last year. it was incredible to watch someone do what he was doing even if you forget the fact that he was a rookie

in hindsight that LSU team was probably one of the best college teams of all time

Burrow
Chase
Jefferson
Clyde Edwards-Helaire
huncho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2022, 10:28 PM   #93
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by favre12rodgers View Post
Was pretty cold start for him last year, too. How did that work out for him at the end?

At the end? An early exit to a guy who isn’t even a starting QB anymore.

Consider me skeptical they can repeat that production with this years team. If Rodgers is the MVP this year I’ll be flat out impressed. He is Rodgers so let’s see.
Old 12 September 2022, 11:03 PM   #94
binArt
Banned

Watch: 16600
Quote:
Was pretty cold start for him last year, too. How did that work out for him at the end?
Individual accolades aside, Rogers is 11-10 in the playoffs (many of those home games). Time will tell how he does in the "end".
binArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 September 2022, 11:20 PM   #95
Stan Cooper
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-Master II
Niners fan for fifty years of ups and downs here, and so far am disappointed in Trey Lance's performance. At least the front office was savvy enough to hang onto Jimmy Garoppolo. Hoping Jimmy stays healthy.
♛16710 GMT-Master II, ♛1915 Rolex WW1 Trench Watch, Zelos Thresher 500m GMT Meteorite, Zelos Swordfish 40 200m Ti Blood Moon Meteorite, Hamilton Pilot Chronograph, Ball Roadmaster Pilot GMT COSC Chronometer, Zelos Mako 300M True GMT Meteorite
It's weird being the same age as old people.

- Stan
Stan Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2022, 12:34 AM   #96
twitch54
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1888 Appleton Trac
Quote:
Originally Posted by REQUIEMnJADED4U View Post

As long as the Giants don’t embarrass the themselves against the Eagles or Giants, I’ll be happy,
So......... the Giants are playing with themselves ??

Like you, hoping or the best for them considering their Coach is from my home town

So not only did they win yesterday so did the Redskins !!!!
twitch54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2022, 09:23 AM   #97
MickCollins1916
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116600 SD4K
NFL chit chat 2022 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
As a Bills fan I’ve always been a silent giants fan for obvious reasons. Now that Daboll is there I feel differently. He left pissing and moaning and he’s local to top it off. Let’s see how special he is without 17.

Daboll is dead to me after the way he rolled out. Got a W yesterday, but not confident he’ll get a lot of dubs with Danny Dimes under center vs how good he had it at home.

I recognize the irony of me, a guy who left Buffalo for professional reasons, complaining about another dude who left Buffalo for similar reasons, but I guess my hypocrisy knows no bounds…

I’ve got a good local franchise to watch up close in Baltimore, and also, an overflowing port-a-potty smoldering inside a train wreck inside a dumpster fire south on 95 in the form of Dan Snider’s mess that’s always entertaining too.

https://sports.yahoo.com/commanders-...191145851.html

Also, I’m still peeved at the Giants and the hoodie about SB XXV. Brilliant Belichick defensive gameplan, but I suspect that’s when my hatred of him began to burn with the fire of ten million gleaming suns.
MickCollins1916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2022, 09:38 AM   #98
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickCollins1916 View Post
Daboll is dead to me after the way he rolled out. Got a W yesterday, but not confident he’ll get a lot of dubs with Danny Dimes under center vs how good he had it at home.

I recognize the irony of me, a guy who left Buffalo for professional reasons, complaining about another dude who left Buffalo for similar reasons, but I guess my hypocrisy knows no bounds…

I’ve got a good local franchise to watch up close in Baltimore, and also, an overflowing port-a-potty smoldering inside a train wreck inside a dumpster fire south on 95 in the form of Dan Snider’s mess that’s always entertaining too.

https://sports.yahoo.com/commanders-...191145851.html
i always wonder how Jones would've done if he went to a good organization. i know he's bad, but i feel like he could've been a lot better. the potential is there and he's very mobile/athletic and you can see it whenever he has a chance to run (except when it's a completely open stadium and he trips on grass) but the o line, coaching and offense here were destined to make anyone fail. look at Lamar, he was a horrible qb at first but the ravens are actually a competent organization, realized his potential and helped him become an mvp, and that mvp season he had was absolutely ridiculous. i don't think anyone could've ever imagined it. meanwhile the giants almost broke (or maybe even did break) Saquon who had huge hype coming into the draft for a RB. i honestly hate the way teams are run here because stadiums sell out regardless of how teams play. i personally wanted us to pick Fields and restart but they clearly wanted a WR and once DeVonta Smith was taken they immediately traded their pick. somehow they're still all in on this qb and offense

on another note, i do like the ravens and i hope Lamar gets the contract he wants and deserves. he seems to be playing a bit cautiously right now because i'm sure he knows the risk involved with his decision
Old 13 September 2022, 01:15 PM   #99
JParm
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JParm View Post
Hawks are going to be terrible...yet here I am, taking my son to see them play next weekend against the Niners.

Zero confidence in our QB situation.
HAAAAAWKS!! GENO GENO!

But wow...what terrible decision-making on the Broncos side at the end.

What did you pay Russ all that money for???
JParm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2022, 01:19 PM   #100
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JParm View Post
HAAAAAWKS!! GENO GENO!

But wow...what terrible decision-making on the Broncos side at the end.

What did you pay Russ all that money for???

Lol that was hard to watch at the end but a win is a win.
Old 13 September 2022, 04:39 PM   #101
favre12rodgers
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Cooper View Post
Niners fan for fifty years of ups and downs here, and so far am disappointed in Trey Lance's performance. At least the front office was savvy enough to hang onto Jimmy Garoppolo. Hoping Jimmy stays healthy.
Not sure why......it was a monsoon. Some parts of Chicago got up to 6 inches of rain and the whole area had non-stop rain the entire day. You can't judge anything by yesterday's game. I mean.....Justin Fields looked decent yesterday and trust me, he isn't.
favre12rodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2022, 09:39 PM   #102
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

Watch: Good ones
Yay Giants! Daboll plays to win. We may not have the players yet, but we may have a legit coach and GM.
scarlet knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2022, 01:53 AM   #103
JParm
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes!
Quote:
Lol that was hard to watch at the end but a win is a win.
We'll take it, along with an undefeated season and a winless NFC West thus far!
JParm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2022, 02:17 AM   #104
MickCollins1916
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116600 SD4K
Quote:
Originally Posted by huncho View Post
i always wonder how Jones would've done if he went to a good organization. i know he's bad, but i feel like he could've been a lot better. the potential is there and he's very mobile/athletic and you can see it whenever he has a chance to run (except when it's a completely open stadium and he trips on grass) but the o line, coaching and offense here were destined to make anyone fail. look at Lamar, he was a horrible qb at first but the ravens are actually a competent organization, realized his potential and helped him become an mvp, and that mvp season he had was absolutely ridiculous. i don't think anyone could've ever imagined it. meanwhile the giants almost broke (or maybe even did break) Saquon who had huge hype coming into the draft for a RB. i honestly hate the way teams are run here because stadiums sell out regardless of how teams play. i personally wanted us to pick Fields and restart but they clearly wanted a WR and once DeVonta Smith was taken they immediately traded their pick. somehow they're still all in on this qb and offense

on another note, i do like the ravens and i hope Lamar gets the contract he wants and deserves. he seems to be playing a bit cautiously right now because i'm sure he knows the risk involved with his decision

I’m a season ticket holder in Baltimore.

Bottom line, Ravens are an excellent franchise still smarting from lessons learned on a huge contract for Flacco post SB win that hamstrung the team from paying other dudes for a long time. I get their reticence here.

With that said, Lamar is a joy to watch and seems like a good guy, great for the city. Pay the man. I don’t see how they go any other way.

He’s a special talent, but maybe everyone can find a compromise bc of the injury risk with the way he puts himself in traffic.

If not, some team will absolutely be willing to take the risk and back up the Brinks truck for him.
MickCollins1916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2022, 08:53 AM   #105
binArt
Banned

Quote:
Not sure why......it was a monsoon. Some parts of Chicago got up to 6 inches of rain and the whole area had non-stop rain the entire day. You can't judge anything by yesterday's game. I mean.....Justin Fields looked decent yesterday and trust me, he isn't.
Justin didn't look decent in the first half. He was downright awful. The second half only marginally redeemed his first half performance.

No team prepares for field conditions like that. But in crappy conditions the Bears managed to beat the better team. There's a glimmer of hope in Chicago.
Old 14 September 2022, 10:01 AM   #106
OYptL
"TRF" Member

Watch: Invicta
Happy to see my Fins undefeated :chuckle. Canes too. Won’t last long but I’m a fan regardless.
OYptL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2022, 04:52 PM   #107
favre12rodgers
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by binArt View Post
Justin didn't look decent in the first half. He was downright awful. The second half only marginally redeemed his first half performance.

No team prepares for field conditions like that. But in crappy conditions the Bears managed to beat the better team. There's a glimmer of hope in Chicago.
I'd bet that glimmer is crushed by 10pm Sunday night.....sorry.
favre12rodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2022, 10:59 PM   #108
binArt
Banned

Quote:
I'd bet that glimmer is crushed by 10pm Sunday night.....sorry.
Not if the Pack plays like they did last week.
Old 19 September 2022, 06:01 AM   #109
binArt
Banned

Brady having a Flacco kind of day until the Saints lost their best player on defense to an ejection.
Old 20 September 2022, 04:35 AM   #110
Stan Cooper
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-Master II
49ers "backup" QB Jimmy Garoppolo showed his stuff yesterday against the Seahawks after Trey Lance suffered a first quarter year ending broken ankle. 27-7. Yaay!! He's back!
♛16710 GMT-Master II, ♛1915 Rolex WW1 Trench Watch, Zelos Thresher 500m GMT Meteorite, Zelos Swordfish 40 200m Ti Blood Moon Meteorite, Hamilton Pilot Chronograph, Ball Roadmaster Pilot GMT COSC Chronometer, Zelos Mako 300M True GMT Meteorite
It's weird being the same age as old people.

- Stan
Stan Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2022, 06:03 AM   #111
OYptL
"TRF" Member

Watch: Invicta
Fins Up. Two and Zero.
OYptL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2022, 08:23 AM   #112
Boothroyd
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Wilsdorf(s)
Been a Packers fan my whole life, grew up in the area. They currently remind me of the original LA Rams from 1973-1980. Always in the playoffs, several conference championship game appearances and a SB appearance against the Steelers. All ended with losses in the playoffs for the Rams.

Feels very much like the Packers seasons since their SB win after the 2010 season. Playoff qualification, then all bets are off. Maybe they get hot again one of these years. As most know, Rodgers 1-4 in NFC Championship games overall. Not all on him, but, still. He plays too conservatively in elimination games. Best pure passer I have seen though (Marino, etc.).
Old 20 September 2022, 09:54 AM   #113
binArt
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boothroyd View Post
Been a Packers fan my whole life, grew up in the area. They currently remind me of the original LA Rams from 1973-1980. Always in the playoffs, several conference championship game appearances and a SB appearance against the Steelers. All ended with losses in the playoffs for the Rams.

Feels very much like the Packers seasons since their SB win after the 2010 season. Playoff qualification, then all bets are off. Maybe they get hot again one of these years. As most know, Rodgers 1-4 in NFC Championship games overall. Not all on him, but, still. He plays too conservatively in elimination games. Best pure passer I have seen though (Marino, etc.).
Rogers is a special talent, but he is not special when the season is on the line. Drafting Jordon Love put the fire back in his belly, but he's still a 50-50 QB in the playoffs.
Old 20 September 2022, 09:55 AM   #114
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by binArt View Post
Rogers is a special talent, but he is not special when the season is on the line. Drafting Jordon Love put the fire back in his belly, but he's still a 50-50 QB in the playoffs.
monumental mistake on the front office's part to draft a qb when you lost 1 game before the super bowl. then they followed it up with letting Adams walk. they get what they deserve now
Old 20 September 2022, 10:44 AM   #115
Boothroyd
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Wilsdorf(s)
Adams had a higher offer from GB than LV. He wanted to walk, apparently. I don't fault them for that. Who were they supposed to draft at number 31 that was going to get them to a SB? And as pointed out, it did coincide with Rodgers resurgence (statistically) as a QB.
Old 20 September 2022, 10:44 AM   #116
binArt
Banned

Quote:
monumental mistake on the front office's part to draft a qb when you lost 1 game before the super bowl. then they followed it up with letting Adams walk. they get what they deserve now
They will make the playoffs, them lose to an inferior team.
Old 20 September 2022, 10:52 AM   #117
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Adams had a higher offer from GB than LV. He wanted to walk, apparently. I don't fault them for that. Who were they supposed to draft at number 31 that was going to get them to a SB? And as pointed out, it did coincide with Rodgers resurgence (statistically) as a QB.
a lot of great players are found deeper into the draft. it's not impossible but obviously it's hard and takes a lot of luck but i feel like they could've went for it and gotten any other piece to help on offense and maybe it would've worked out

here are Rodgers stats for 2018 and 2019

2018 - 4,442 yards, 25 td 2 int
2019 - 4002 yards, 26 td 4 int

2020-2021 is about when Adams cemented himself as a top WR. he had a good 2018 and a decent 2019 (played less). in 2021/2022 he was dominant so that boosted Rodgers stats too. not to say Rodgers didn't also turn it up because he had 48 tds in 2020 lol. i'm just saying he wasn't exactly playing bad in 2018/19 where you'd think maybe we need to start looking for a new qb. he still was pretty obviously near his prime

Adams got offered more but left to play with his friend in LV but weren't the negotiations sour at first? there's gotta be something more to it than wanting to go take a paycut and play with a friend rather than a generational qb/back to back mvp lol. maybe not though, but the qb draft was still horrible imo
Old 20 September 2022, 10:58 AM   #118
binArt
Banned

Quote:
a lot of great players are found deeper into the draft. it's not impossible but obviously it's hard and takes a lot of luck but i feel like they could've went for it and gotten any other piece to help on offense and maybe it would've worked out

here are Rodgers stats for 2018 and 2019

2018 - 4,442 yards, 25 td 2 int
2019 - 4002 yards, 26 td 4 int

2020-2021 is about when Adams cemented himself as a top WR. he had a good 2018 but pretty meh 2019. in 2021/2022 he was dominant so that boosted Rodgers stats too. not to say Rodgers didn't also turn it up because he had 48 tds in 2020 lol. i'm just saying he wasn't exactly playing bad in 2018/19 where you'd think maybe we need to start looking for a new qb. he still was pretty obviously near his prime

Adams got offered more but left to play with his friend in LV but weren't the negotiations sour at first?
This is about the same time in Favre's career that they drafted Rogers, at 24th in the first round. A fact not lost on Rogers, I'm sure.
Old 20 September 2022, 11:02 AM   #119
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Adams left because Rodgers made a song and dance of his commitment to the packers. That’s what I saw anyways from my recliner lol
Old 20 September 2022, 12:06 PM   #120
binArt
Banned

Quote:
Adams left because Rodgers made a song and dance of his commitment to the packers. That’s what I saw anyways from my recliner lol
An accurate insight from my recliner. It's hard to know whether Rogers is committed to anything but Rogers. Maybe his Amazonian acid trips sorted him out.