The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 21 January 2023, 01:50 AM   #31
CNY
"TRF" Member

Watch: Lange
GO makes great watches, but poor Lange replacements. Lange makes great watches, but poor GO replacements.

If you want a GO watch for what it is - buy it, enjoy, all of that.

But if you want a Lange and it's not the right time, wait and get the watch you actually want down the road.

My first watch was a Tudor Pelagos - I chose it over a sub because I preferred the finishing, lume on bezel, and titanium. Still have it to this day.

My second watch was a Tudor GMT- I chose it because it was a good bit less than a GMT Master. I ended up selling the Tudor GMT and getting a GMT Master. I would have saved a chunk of change if I had just gone for the GMT Master originally.

All in all, buy what you want. If you have to wait for it, you'll like it all the more when you do get it. If you settle for something less, especially with watches, you'll just end up spending more money when you trade up.
CNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2023, 02:45 PM   #32
le_baron
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gliazzurri View Post
I went the other direction. PML to Lange.
Similar story here. I bought my Lange 1 a few years after I bought my G.O. panoreserve (not the lunar). The G.O. is a fantastic watch; so much that I could argue that G.O. provides the best watches under $10K. But it also doesn't compete with the Lange.
Old 21 January 2023, 10:00 PM   #33
gliazzurri
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_baron View Post
Similar story here. I bought my Lange 1 a few years after I bought my G.O. panoreserve (not the lunar). The G.O. is a fantastic watch; so much that I could argue that G.O. provides the best watches under $10K. But it also doesn't compete with the Lange.

Agreed. I liked what I had but deep down always wanted to other one.
gliazzurri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 2023, 12:01 PM   #34
jrobart
"TRF" Member

Thanks everyone for your insight. Decision made.

Placed the order for the Lange this afternoon. I just knew that I would always second guess myself if I went with the GO. I was actually down in Aruba last week and was offered a good price on the GO, but just couldn't pull the trigger. That told me something.

So I went with the Lange, BUT not on the Moon Phase. Spent a fair amount of time comparing the Lange 1 Moon Phase, the Grand Lange 1 Moon Phase and the Lange 1 at the Boston ALS Boutique two weekends ago (and ran into fellow forum member CFR...thanks for sharing all of your insight!). While I love the gold orb and the blue backdrop of the L1 Moon Phase, the way the lume appears on the main dial and on the hands just didn't sit well with me. And what I noticed in the boutique and over the last two weeks of looking at the watches online, my eyes immediately went to the lumes and the hands on the Moon Phase and not to the orb, which really is a major part of the beauty of the watch. While the Grand L1 Moon Phase doesn't have the lumes, I preferred the thickness of the standard size (which ironically is thicker than the Grand).

Having said all of that, I kept coming back to the simple beauty and balance of the L1 in pink gold. Should have it on Friday!
jrobart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 February 2023, 02:48 PM   #35
CFR
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrobart View Post
Thanks everyone for your insight. Decision made.

Placed the order for the Lange this afternoon.

I kept coming back to the simple beauty and balance of the L1 in pink gold. Should have it on Friday!
Huge CONGRATS!!

I hope you love it and look forward to seeing it in person sometime!
CFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2023, 11:20 PM   #36
jrobart
"TRF" Member

Arrived!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_1547.jpeg (222.1 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_1569.jpeg (291.2 KB, 90 views)
Old 6 February 2023, 09:15 AM   #37
calebb90
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrobart View Post
Arrived!

Looks fantastic. Congrats!
calebb90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2023, 09:19 AM   #38
AG23
"TRF" Member

Stunning- congratulations
AG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2023, 03:22 AM   #39
jjnd08
"TRF" Member

Great choice, congrats!
Old 7 February 2023, 08:06 AM   #40
JSolution
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD
This is timely as I have been looking at the panomatic lunar for a long time. I find myself the opposite - I really like the GO, I would buy it in rose gold. I think it’s better looking than the Lange. But I feel as though I should buy the Lange for the fact of it being a “better” watch in all departments. I must disclose seen neither in person.
JSolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2023, 09:10 AM   #41
jrobart
"TRF" Member

I was in a very similar boat. the Panomatic lunar in rose gold with the black dial is out of the world attractive. For me it ended up being I knew what I wanted (ironically not the moon phase at all), and also knew that I would regret it in the long run if I didn't buy the Lange.

Definitely have to see them and try them on. The good news is that there are no bad choices!