The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 25 January 2023, 07:41 AM   #1
Slow Lane
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner 114060
Glashutte Original optional straps

I have a SeaQ Panorama (black on fabric), lovely watch. I would like to purchase the rubber strap for it - do I need to go to a GO dealer to do so? I can do that next time I'm in NY but hoping to buy on-line. Also I have no watch tools, what is the recommendation that I buy in order to change straps?
Slow Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2023, 08:19 AM   #2
wchbos
2024 Pledge Member

I have the same watch and also wanted the rubber strap. I called Wempe in NY and they ordered for me. Came in in a couple of weeks and they mailed it to me.
wchbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2023, 08:35 AM   #3
Slow Lane
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner 114060
Thanks, very helpful - what tool did you use?
Slow Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2023, 12:25 AM   #4
PhilLynott
"TRF" Member

Watch: Breguet marine
You can go to GO's site and message them with the strap you'd like and buy direct from them as well - someone from swatch group will get in touch and coordinate. After the third nudge to my salesman who I bought my seaq from didn't work at which point I was waiting like 4-5 months I finally went to GOs site and had my strap within a week it was great service.
Old 27 January 2023, 04:10 AM   #5
Ferdelious
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Hulk/SD4K/SeaQ/P39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Lane View Post
Thanks, very helpful - what tool did you use?
I recently changed the blue synthetic strap on my SeaQ 39.5 and ended up using a small flathead screwdriver from my cheap watch tool set. I couldn't get my spring bar tools to work. They were either too thick to get between the lug and strap or the curved ends were too small to catch the spring bar.
Old 27 January 2023, 11:11 PM   #6
mbalmz
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferdelious View Post
I recently changed the blue synthetic strap on my SeaQ 39.5 and ended up using a small flathead screwdriver from my cheap watch tool set. I couldn't get my spring bar tools to work. They were either too thick to get between the lug and strap or the curved ends were too small to catch the spring bar.

out of curiosity, what strap did you replace the blue textile one with? I’ve got the same watch and am pondering a strap change but no idea what to use. pics appreciated!
___

instagram: @brooklynwatchguy
mbalmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2023, 11:34 PM   #7
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilLynott View Post
You can go to GO's site and message them with the strap you'd like and buy direct from them as well - someone from swatch group will get in touch and coordinate. After the third nudge to my salesman who I bought my seaq from didn't work at which point I was waiting like 4-5 months I finally went to GOs site and had my strap within a week it was great service.
This is how I ordered my grey synthetic strap. Very easy to deal with
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote