The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 26 August 2019, 02:29 AM   #1
IR201
"TRF" Member

This forum saved me from myself - thanks!

I got the hulk after pining for awhile but soon after starting wanting to move it for something else, thinking it may be too green, etc.

I posted here about various options and read countless threads. Majority opinion was DO NOT get rid of the hulk as it is special and you will regret it. Some told me I needed to take it on vacation as that is where the hulk truly shines.

Well I took this advice and brought it as my only watch on vacation. I forced myself to do this even though I just wanted to bring the ND sub. And I fell in love with it! Really bonded. Now I'm so glad I didn't part with it before giving it a full shot.

A lot of people say you have to go with your opinion alone, that you shouldn't be asking strangers on the internet for their opinions and experiences etc. But I think that is crap. I posted here about the hulk thinking, "maybe they know something I don't know yet". And I'm very glad I did.

So thanks a lot Rolex Forum, I will keep harassing you with questions!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg hulk.jpeg (213.2 KB, 468 views)
IR201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2019, 02:46 AM   #2
Oyster Al
"TRF" Member

You’re welcome! Man, the things we do for these young punks when they start talking crazy!?!.....Beautiful pic of a watch that works on multiple levels. Enjoy!

Last edited by Oyster Al; 26 August 2019 at 03:12 AM.. Reason: Sp
Oyster Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2019, 03:13 AM   #3
GradyPhilpott
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710 BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by IR201 View Post
A lot of people say you have to go with your opinion alone, that you shouldn't be asking strangers on the internet for their opinions and experiences etc.
It's really all in how you go about asking strangers for their opinions. If you just ask strangers if you'll like this watch or that watch, or which watch out of dozens that will ring your bell, then you're really not going to achieve much more than getting every member's favorite watch.

If on the other hand, you ask the owners of a given watch what their opinions are on the watch, then you're in territory where you're likely to get some useful advice.

I think the worst example goes something like this: I bought Deep Sea Sea Dweller this morning, which Rolex should I buy next?

In your case you got the advice you were looking for and you are happy with the outcome and that's a good thing.

Inaugural TRF $50 Watch Challenge Winner
GradyPhilpott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2019, 04:06 AM   #4
drmizzou
"TRF" Member

Watch: Collector!
Good decision! I think hype makes people do impulsive things and buy things they wouldn’t have otherwise and then in turn regret those decisions. Fortunately in this market for Rolex, regrets don’t amount to a loss but a potential huge gain. In any case, I was in the same boat and had the opportunity to get an LV before the market got crazy and opted for the classic subC date. I ended up succumbing to the hype and bought one a few years later at the ascent of the madness at retail from my AD and at first struggled to see beyond so much green but after wearing it consistently, especially while on vacation as my only one, I too have bonded with mine!
Pepsi GMT 126710BLRO
White DaytonaC 116500
Omega Seamaster 50th Anniv Bond OHMSS
Omega Seamaster Bond titanium
drmizzou is offline   Reply With Quote