The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 8 June 2019, 03:35 PM   #181
LandWatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ras47 View Post
Simple probability dictates we are not the only intelligent life in the universe. Not even in our galaxy.

The problem becomes one of distance, and hence one of time. "Are we alone HERE?" becomes "Are we alone NOW?". We have detected planets around a star in HD10180, some 2000 light years from Earth. If you were on one of those planets and built a gigantic telescope that could actually see Earth, when you looked through it you would see Jesus walking around Canaan. Distance becomes time.

So if we detect a radio signal from a distant star, it indicates there was intelligent life there. Might not be there now, in our present.

Another thing to ponder is our position, far out on one of the spiral arms of our galaxy, away from the areas of the greatest density of stars toward the galactic core. If the galactic core is NYC, we're out in Mayberry. Off the beaten path.
The Drake Equation. But how one treats the assumptions can create wildly differing outcomes.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drake_equation
LandWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2019, 03:37 PM   #182
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Look, lets just cut to the chase and reveal the answer to this whole thread...

Jocke is from a different planet
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2019, 03:50 PM   #183
Dubshack
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126334
Interesting read:

https://waitbutwhy.com/2014/05/fermi-paradox.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dubshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 June 2019, 12:40 AM   #184
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

I find this whole thread extremely timely and so appropriate for a watch related forum.

As it turns out my children, well pets actually, because not particularly wanting a life time commitment to support them, we just settled on a less restrictive kind of companionship we could drop off at the pound when we tired of them.

Anyways, my pets, 2 Sealyham terriers and an African Grey parrot have set up a foundation to research UFOs in our home. There has been disturbing and recurring incidents of an oblong and sometimes round flash of light frequently stalking them at very high speeds on the floor besides them and occasionally but far more often on the walls and ceiling of our home. It would hover close to them, and then without warning dart off and disappear.

They have investigated, barked, squawked, flapped their wings, and run into their houses in terror at various times but have turned up no tangible evidence of what or who it could be. There is no set pattern except it happens in the late afternoon.

The dogs have conducted intensive research at the dog park with other dogs and it turns out some have experienced the same phenomena but they too have no answers, but undeterred they keep trying because they're terriers. They seem to feel the answers are out there. As for the parrot, she refuses to talk about it.

But overall they seem so single minded in their focus of this bizarre phenomena that they seem to over look the fact that it's the reflection of my Rolex SeaDweller crystal while I'm sitting in my Ekornes Stressless lounge chair with the afternoon sun is streaming through the window.

So far they've supplied so much entertainment that I just haven't even considered a trip to the pound.
Blansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 June 2019, 03:53 PM   #185
WJGESQ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolexpatek363 View Post
People see all sorts of stuff, human perception is not very reliable, plus secret military tech is without doubt flying around, and will be denied by whichever country owns it.

Why would any alien spacecraft travel a great distance to get here, and then fly around trolling people? What would be the point? I have to say I think this UFO stuff is completely nuts, none of it makes any sense. You might as well believe in ghosts - loads of sightings of these!

It's a myth that human perception is not reliable. You perception allows you to tell a red light from a green light, or to move out of harms way. It allows you to identify family and friends from strangers. Undoubtedly the reports make some quite uneasy and they'd prefer to shut the matter completely out of their minds because they don't want to confront what cannot be easily understood.

Yet, these reports have existed and persisted for thousands of years. And researchers like Stan Friedman, Richard Dolan and many others have located volumes of govt documents which verify the reality of the reports and craft that do not have an earthly explanation. Believe whatever you like-but there's certainly more than enough to suggest we are not "alone". As to what "they" are-perhaps we will never know.
WJGESQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 June 2019, 04:00 PM   #186
WJGESQ
Banned

Ufo

It's a myth that human perception is not reliable. Your perception allows you to tell a red light from a green light, or to move out of harms way. It allows you to identify family and friends from strangers. Undoubtedly the reports make some quite uneasy and they'd prefer to shut the matter completely out of their minds because they don't want to confront what cannot be easily understood.

Yet, these reports have existed and persisted for thousands of years. And researchers like Stan Friedman, Richard Dolan and many others have located volumes of govt documents which verify the reality of the reports and craft that do not have an earthly explanation. Believe whatever you like-but there's certainly more than enough to suggest we are not "alone". As to what "they" are-perhaps we will never know.[/QUOTE]
WJGESQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 June 2019, 05:38 PM   #187
rolexpatek363
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJGESQ View Post
It's a myth that human perception is not reliable. You perception allows you to tell a red light from a green light, or to move out of harms way. It allows you to identify family and friends from strangers.
https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...it/?redirect=1

Optical illusions are well-known, and eyewitness accounts are often inaccurate.
rolexpatek363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 June 2019, 05:58 PM   #188
Andad
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
This thread has been quite amusing so far.

Let’s not spoil it with facts.

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 June 2019, 07:58 PM   #189
rolexpatek363
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by directioneng View Post
This thread has been quite amusing so far.

Let’s not spoil it with facts.
Yeah, it's probably just me who on occasion has mistaken a total stranger for someone I know.
rolexpatek363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 June 2019, 11:09 PM   #190
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJGESQ View Post
It's a myth that human perception is not reliable. You perception allows you to tell a red light from a green light, or to move out of harms way. It allows you to identify family and friends from strangers. Undoubtedly the reports make some quite uneasy and they'd prefer to shut the matter completely out of their minds because they don't want to confront what cannot be easily understood.

Yet, these reports have existed and persisted for thousands of years. And researchers like Stan Friedman, Richard Dolan and many others have located volumes of govt documents which verify the reality of the reports and craft that do not have an earthly explanation. Believe whatever you like-but there's certainly more than enough to suggest we are not "alone". As to what "they" are-perhaps we will never know.
Ask any trial attorney, witnesses are notoriously unreliable. People see what they want to see and their memories are swayed by follow on conversations.

When people see something new, that they don't understand, their brain will try to connect the dots. If you want to see alien spaceships, you will see them. If you are an ancient and want to see chariots of the gods, that's what you'll see.
Abdullah71601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2019, 01:44 AM   #191
gmh1013
Banned

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtNouveau View Post
I watched episode 1 of the new show last night.
Negatives: like all History Channel shows, there’s lots of repetitiveness, 20 minutes of content spread over 40 minutes of airtime. Also, this episode was more about introducing the players, only one incident discussed at any length.
Pros: there’s some heavy hitters involved. All of the ex-government types have plenty of credibility and background, nothing fringe about it.

I fell asleep ...yawn....repeating the same thing over and over. Watched the 2nd show ....same thing. Im very interested in UFO's and have been most of my life since I saw one with my mother in 1970 to the Phoenix Lights in 1997 ive been lucky enough to see 2 strange flying objects i cant explain. I hope the show speeds up some.
gmh1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2019, 03:38 AM   #192
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
You guys realize that an identified alien spacecraft would not be a UFO. So what exactly are we speaking of?

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2019, 05:27 AM   #193
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by ras47 View Post
Simple probability dictates we are not the only intelligent life in the universe. Not even in our galaxy.

The problem becomes one of distance, and hence one of time. "Are we alone HERE?" becomes "Are we alone NOW?". We have detected planets around a star in HD10180, some 2000 light years from Earth. If you were on one of those planets and built a gigantic telescope that could actually see Earth, when you looked through it you would see Jesus walking around Canaan. Distance becomes time.

So if we detect a radio signal from a distant star, it indicates there was intelligent life there. Might not be there now, in our present.

Another thing to ponder is our position, far out on one of the spiral arms of our galaxy, away from the areas of the greatest density of stars toward the galactic core. If the galactic core is NYC, we're out in Mayberry. Off the beaten path.
Indeed not only is it very likely that there is life in one of the billion universes that exist but it is even very likely there was life on Mars before its Core molten iron dynamo failed and turned the once Earth-like oceanic planet into a no atmosphere dead planet.

The real question is how evolved are they? Are they still microbes or bacteria or are they more advanced than us, in which case we could be in trouble.
AK797 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2019, 06:17 AM   #194
daveathall
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
As we all know, Star Trek is loosely based on a true story, the Borg and Klingons worry me, the Ferrengi, not so much, I think that the Vulcans can tip salvation in our favour. Of course, in the year 2525, I wont give a damn, however, it will still be fairly difficult to get a sub from a UK AD.

DAVE

daveathall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2019, 06:38 AM   #195
bayerische
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smurf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullah71601 View Post
Ask any trial attorney, witnesses are notoriously unreliable. People see what they want to see and their memories are swayed by follow on conversations.

When people see something new, that they don't understand, their brain will try to connect the dots. If you want to see alien spaceships, you will see them. If you are an ancient and want to see chariots of the gods, that's what you'll see.
Signed.
Old 10 June 2019, 07:55 AM   #196
BNA/LION
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ROLEX

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2019, 08:11 AM   #197
Abdullah71601
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNA/LION View Post
Is it made from aliens?
Old 10 June 2019, 09:45 AM   #198
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveathall View Post
As we all know, Star Trek is loosely based on a true story, the Borg and Klingons worry me, the Ferrengi, not so much, I think that the Vulcans can tip salvation in our favour. Of course, in the year 2525, I wont give a damn, however, it will still be fairly difficult to get a sub from a UK AD.
Actually, that is the expected arrival date of the one I ordered
Old 10 June 2019, 10:01 AM   #199
Jim Smyth
Banned

Watch: DD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubshack View Post
Interesting read:

https://waitbutwhy.com/2014/05/fermi-paradox.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great read, really gets the brain cells working.
Jim Smyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2019, 09:28 PM   #200
Timekeep111
"TRF" Member

It’s been decades on the same subject and there have been numerous whistle blowers from civilian and govt all around the world. Imminent? Disclosure eventually? Yes. But our kids kids will be the ones to hear the news short of ET landing on the proverbial white horse lawn.
Timekeep111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 June 2019, 02:52 AM   #201
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timekeep111 View Post
It’s been decades on the same subject and there have been numerous whistle blowers from civilian and govt all around the world. Imminent? Disclosure eventually? Yes. But our kids kids will be the ones to hear the news short of ET landing on the proverbial white horse lawn.
This
Old 11 June 2019, 05:45 AM   #202
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

'nuff said....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tumblr_pja4etaE0H1qin4ceo1_1280.jpg (135.4 KB, 166 views)
Blansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 June 2019, 06:09 AM   #203
Abdullah71601
Banned

Alien moonbase revealed by NASA

https://www.foxnews.com/science/myst...iscovered-moon

They don’t know what it is, so that can only mean alien moonbase.
Old 11 June 2019, 06:56 AM   #204
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullah71601 View Post
https://www.foxnews.com/science/myst...iscovered-moon

They don’t know what it is, so that can only mean alien moonbase.
I wonder if any of their ADs have sports models?
Old 11 June 2019, 08:06 AM   #205
Abdullah71601
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolexpatek363 View Post
That's just like creationists who don't understand long words, or science, or worst of all science which involves long words saying "I don't understand this therefore God".
Prejudiced much? Reported.
Old 17 June 2019, 07:25 PM   #206
VaRobot
"TRF" Member

Watch: Mark IV Red Sub
New York Post, The Black Triangle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDUF4NtYtxU
VaRobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2019, 08:17 PM   #207
Scapegoat
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
I wonder if any of their ADs have sports models?
Hahahaha thats a good one!
Scapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2019, 11:31 PM   #208
VaRobot
"TRF" Member

Trump on the Navy UFO's

Looks like he is throwing them under the bus at the moment, he is not permitted to admit that we are not in control of our skies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WwN8c4CWXg
Old 18 June 2019, 02:16 AM   #209
VaRobot
"TRF" Member

I think a bit more of that Trump interview, he doesn't seem to confirm or deny:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jus9b1vCFT4
Old 18 June 2019, 07:12 PM   #210
VaRobot
"TRF" Member

An Abstract and Amusing video on the seeming Synchronicities of Tom Delonge, Angels and Airwaves, Kurt Russel, Small gods and UFO's:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zgCYhDP-GI