The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 19 May 2019, 05:34 AM   #1
101031-28
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1665
Should I go for the POC 45.5 Liquidmetal on bracelet?

Looking to get your thoughts, have been a fan of this model for a long time but never pulled the trigger due to my longstanding loyalty to the "crown". Never thought I'd be sayin this, but the "shortage" is pushing me to think outside the box. Thank you for your time and input, greatly appreciated.

Ian Fleming
101031-28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2019, 05:50 AM   #2
carlhaluss
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Explorer 1
I tried the PO many times before and loved it. Recently, I managed to acquire a Submariner 114060. While I love Rolex, and at the risk of sounding offensive to the brand and to the Sub, I found it fairly uninteresting. Even after all my years of craving one. If I still wanted a great diver watch, I would definitely consider the PO. Not, as I say, just because of the shortage, but the fact that there are a lot of beautiful watches out there!

Everything about the Sub is undeniable perfectly well done. For some reason it just did not work for me.

Don't get me wrong. I am still a Rolex admirer, and will likely get another Rolex at some point. Just giving you an honest answer as something to think about.

Cheers,
Carl
Old 19 May 2019, 07:18 AM   #3
101031-28
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1665
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlhaluss View Post
I tried the PO many times before and loved it. Recently, I managed to acquire a Submariner 114060. While I love Rolex, and at the risk of sounding offensive to the brand and to the Sub, I found it fairly uninteresting. Even after all my years of craving one. If I still wanted a great diver watch, I would definitely consider the PO. Not, as I say, just because of the shortage, but the fact that there are a lot of beautiful watches out there!

Everything about the Sub is undeniable perfectly well done. For some reason it just did not work for me.

Don't get me wrong. I am still a Rolex admirer, and will likely get another Rolex at some point. Just giving you an honest answer as something to think about.

Cheers,
Carl
Hi Carl, I remember your post regarding the submariner and the excitement of having the no date finally on your wrist! I sincerely appreciate your thoughts. I love Rolex but I am sort of finding myself in that situation where I am looking for a diver with a little extra pizazz. Are you thinking about getting a different watch?

Ian Fleming
101031-28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2019, 11:36 AM   #4
oldman2005
"TRF" Member

I'm more of a WIS guy who appreciates great watches so I have no mental block regard other watches beside Rolex. I bought the 1st Planet Ocean that my Omega AD got, it's an early 2500 version. I wore it daily for next 10 years, when it started to slow down I had in independent Omega certified watchmaker serviced it and retired it to my safe. I also have the Kermit and I could tell that overall that the Planet Ocean is a better watch than the Sub for less than half the price. I truly believe Omega keeps the heat on Rolex SS sport as they present a very good value watch. Competition is good in this regard.

oldman2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 May 2019, 11:19 AM   #5
WJGESQ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman2005 View Post
I'm more of a WIS guy who appreciates great watches so I have no mental block regard other watches beside Rolex. I bought the 1st Planet Ocean that my Omega AD got, it's an early 2500 version. I wore it daily for next 10 years, when it started to slow down I had in independent Omega certified watchmaker serviced it and retired it to my safe. I also have the Kermit and I could tell that overall that the Planet Ocean is a better watch than the Sub for less than half the price. I truly believe Omega keeps the heat on Rolex SS sport as they present a very good value watch. Competition is good in this regard.

The Orange PO is pure sex and magic.
WJGESQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2019, 12:20 PM   #6
darwin95
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yourself
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman2005 View Post

That’s very sexy pair sir.
I own Kermit. This picture makes me wanna add orange PO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
darwin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2019, 03:46 AM   #7
stockjock1975
"TRF" Member

Watch: Platona
I have the 42mm titanium version and absolutely love it. Although a little thick for my taste, it just works in so many situations. I wear it with suit & tie as well as when vacationing to the mountains or beach. It's up for anything. And it's by far the most accurate watch I own.....and I own a Sub.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
stockjock1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2019, 06:09 AM   #8
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101031-28 View Post
Looking to get your thoughts, have been a fan of this model for a long time but never pulled the trigger due to my longstanding loyalty to the "crown". Never thought I'd be sayin this, but the "shortage" is pushing me to think outside the box. Thank you for your time and input, greatly appreciated.
No idea, does it fit your wrist?

Noting wrong with brand loyalty but there are many fine watches out there
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote