The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12 February 2017, 01:57 PM   #31
Tami
"TRF" Member

Sold a watch with The wrong certificate -doesn't match watch serial

Hello, I'm in pretty much the same boat!

Very frustrating as I purchased the watch which was pre opened for
Lyons store which is Fraser Hart in 2012.

I want to sell the watch and took to 2 different jewellers. Both said the certificate doesn't match the serial to watch.

Contacted Lyons about this and they have said there's nothing they can do and there's no evidence to show that wrong paper work was given!!! Basically telling me I should have known! How? Who would buy something and take it somewhere else to recheck.

Feel frustrated.

Current value for sale with all correct documents is £2,000 and without is £1,500. That's a big difference. Lyons have offered to buy back for 1,500 a mark up of £150 from original purchase price but are saying that there's no way a mistake can happen by them. So how the hell have I ended up with a certificate that isn't for my watch.

For insurance purposes too because I don't have full documentation this effects the full value of the watch which is very frustrating.

What can I do? I feel to go to trading standards about the store for there part in selling an item to me with the wrong certificate. I can only presume that either:-

1- someone else has my certificate and I have theirs meaning at some point the store would have had similar watches.
Or
2- whoever sold the watch to the shop had wrong certificate and shop didn't check.
Old 12 February 2017, 05:25 PM   #32
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Just start a new thread please. Everyone will just start answering the three year old OP.
Old 12 February 2017, 06:39 PM   #33
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coralfarmer84 View Post
The document doesn't prove authenticity. Although it is nice to have if your looking to resell as a complete set. The original paperwork is just a two year warranty agreement that is no longer valid due to age anyways. If it was serviced by rolex and you got the new warranty card that more than shows authenticity (if you go by the card). Anyone can forge this stuff easier than a watch so again although its nice to have all paperwork it doesn't effect that your watch is real and you have documentation from rolex during service to "prove" that
Exactly anyone would think a outdated warranty was like the Decoration of independence or the Magna Carta documents.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
Closed Thread