The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 31 October 2019, 01:16 PM   #1
Investr
Banned

Watch: Constantly changes
Advice on a bracelet for Speedy Tuesday

So I’m THRILLED that Ive re-acquired a Speedy Tuesday (1st edition). I’m looking for a bracelet. I had the “traditional” Speedy bracelet on it before and I just didn’t love it. Any suggestions? Any advice would be appreciated. I saw a forum thread (cant find it) her where someone had a vintage one on it, Thanks!
Investr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2019, 01:42 PM   #2
mdx77
"TRF" Member

I think what you’re looking for is the 1171/633.
“This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the BLUE pill - the story ends; you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the RED pill - you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.”

Rolex Submariner 116610LV Hulk | Rolex GMT 16710 Pepsi | Omega Speedmaster “Speedy Tuesday” | Tudor Black Bay 79220R “ETA Rose” | Tudor Pelagos Blue Dial | Rolex Submariner Yellow Gold 116618LB | Rolex Milgauss “Z-Blue” 116400GV
mdx77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2019, 02:43 AM   #3
AEC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdx77 View Post
I think what you’re looking for is the 1171/633.
I agree. This is a cool bracelet for a vintage vibe on a Speedmaster Pro.
AEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2019, 03:58 AM   #4
Investr
Banned

Thx guys! Called the OB and they ordered it and said they would file down the end links. They said they’ve done quite a few lately.
Old 1 November 2019, 06:55 AM   #5
mdx77
"TRF" Member

I typically only wear my ST1 with straps (I have about 6 or 7 of them), but I also bought the Snoopy deployment as well (below). Just for shits & giggles, on the rare occasion, I’ll also slap my Aqua Terra bracelet on too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 53DCE90C-7A7B-4F80-94FC-EDAB4B0728C4.jpeg (279.9 KB, 217 views)
“This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the BLUE pill - the story ends; you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the RED pill - you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.”

Rolex Submariner 116610LV Hulk | Rolex GMT 16710 Pepsi | Omega Speedmaster “Speedy Tuesday” | Tudor Black Bay 79220R “ETA Rose” | Tudor Pelagos Blue Dial | Rolex Submariner Yellow Gold 116618LB | Rolex Milgauss “Z-Blue” 116400GV
mdx77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2019, 07:00 AM   #6
FTX I
"TRF" Member

I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a bracelet today lol
FTX I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2019, 10:49 PM   #7
Chester01
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
I have never understood what the issue is with the current speedy bracelet other than perhaps finding a size. People get nostalgic about the vintage bracelets but I have tried them on and they feel like flimsy tin which I would not trust at all and I could pull apart with my fingers. They also seem prone to pulling hair. I also never really thought the flat links matched the curves of the case and lugs with the speedy. The new bracelet just has an ever so polished sliver on the bracelet which adds some depth. Unlike the Rolex PCL which are very wide and show scratches easily. If someone was uncomfortable with the polished accents, they could likely be easily brushed which may be a good compromise if that’s your issue with the current bracelet.
Chester01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 November 2019, 02:30 AM   #8
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Watch: 321, Snoopy 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester01 View Post
I have never understood what the issue is with the current speedy bracelet other than perhaps finding a size. People get nostalgic about the vintage bracelets but I have tried them on and they feel like flimsy tin which I would not trust at all and I could pull apart with my fingers. They also seem prone to pulling hair. I also never really thought the flat links matched the curves of the case and lugs with the speedy. The new bracelet just has an ever so polished sliver on the bracelet which adds some depth. Unlike the Rolex PCL which are very wide and show scratches easily. If someone was uncomfortable with the polished accents, they could likely be easily brushed which may be a good compromise if that’s your issue with the current bracelet.
The issue for me has always been the end links which stick out from the end of the watch making it wear too wide across the wrist. I love the pivoted end links on the older bracelet which make it wear smaller.
Stevec14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 November 2019, 03:54 AM   #9
KBM
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Love the ST1 on a bracelet, although my preference is for the current speedy bracelet + micro adjustment clasp. Good luck with the 1171 and post pics when you have it all assembled!

KBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 November 2019, 04:00 AM   #10
BDL
2024 Pledge Member

I like the 1450 with 808 endlinks the best. It is amazing.
BDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 November 2019, 09:43 AM   #11
AEC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDL View Post
I like the 1450 with 808 endlinks the best. It is amazing.
Yeah, I dig the look of this one, too. Probably really hard to find one these days, though, right?
AEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 November 2019, 02:22 PM   #12
Investr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauebm View Post
Love the ST1 on a bracelet, although my preference is for the current speedy bracelet + micro adjustment clasp. Good luck with the 1171 and post pics when you have it all assembled!

Great pic!!! I will post some when its on
Old 2 November 2019, 08:32 PM   #13
stevedssd
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I have to agree. As someone with Werewolf arms the 1479 I had on a 92 Speedy was a very painful experience, I only wear that watch on straps. I have a Speedy Tuesday on a 1998 and Ultraman on a 1958. I like both but I think the 1998 has the edge as the links are slightly smaller and thinner and easier to size more comfortably.
stevedssd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 November 2019, 08:34 PM   #14
BDL
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEC View Post
Yeah, I dig the look of this one, too. Probably really hard to find one these days, though, right?

Not too hard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 November 2019, 11:12 PM   #15
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauebm View Post

Looks so good
I regret letting this go
ap1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3 November 2019, 12:37 PM   #16
red1108nyc
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex
I like it on the racing bracelet with adjustable clasp :-)

red1108nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 November 2019, 04:59 PM   #17
4vCoupe
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT Master 16750

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
4vCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 November 2019, 02:47 AM   #18
Travelller
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my sig. ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Investr View Post
So I’m THRILLED that Ive re-acquired a Speedy Tuesday (1st edition). I’m looking for a bracelet.... Any suggestions?
Congrats Again

You know what I think goes best* with the St... 1171/633 F.T.W.
*Best new bracelet as there are maybe better vintage bracelets but at exorbitant costs

p.s. Got me SpeedyTuesday on for #speedytuesday

Quote:
...People get nostalgic about the vintage bracelets but I have tried them on and they feel like flimsy tin which I would not trust at all and I could pull apart with my fingers. ... I also never really thought the flat links matched the curves of the case and lugs with the speedy...
The sound a vintage bracelet makes is what attracts me to it.
I agree that it is technically inferior in to a modern SMP bracelet and I would avoid using it for heavy-duty sporting activities or similar.

As for flat, semi-flat vs. curves - I agree and there are €800+ vintage bracelets with super-nice curved links that would be better suited. I can't afford them.
As for brushed vs. PCLs: of course it has to be brushed The entire case of the ST is - even the pushers & crown (blasted)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDL View Post
I like the 1450 with 808 endlinks the best. It is amazing... Not too hard [to find]...
Winner, winner, chicken dinner Not too hard, but not too cheap, either...
Panerai 111 217 233
Rolex 16600 126600
Seiko SBGA125 SBDX001 SLA017 SLA025 SLA033
Tudor 5B GMT
Zénith A386ME
Other Mühle Glashütte S.A.R. Flieger Chronoswiss Tora
Travelller is offline   Reply With Quote