The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 25 January 2020, 06:51 AM   #1
jackminny15
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Always changin'
Best grey for an Aqua Terra

Hey all, I recently picked up a Sub C and now would like to expand my collection with an Omega. I want something closer to dressy than sporty, so I've honed in on the Aqua Terra 150. Prices direct from Omega run $5700+, but a number of grey dealers on Chrono24 have this model substantially lower.

Just wondering who you've all used as a grey or would recommend to buy this watch if I don't get it from an AD. For instance, WatchMaxx and Interwatches have a number of Omega listings on Chrono24, has anyone ever dealt with them? Others you'd recommend? From a newbie, thanks!
jackminny15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2020, 07:03 AM   #2
TimeRookie
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710BLNR
I’m not familiar with the sellers you’re asking about but Davis S Williams has been great to deal with for me. His link is DavidSW.com. He has several for sale right now. Good luck with you’re search!
Pelagos 42mm
Explorer II 226570
TimeRookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2020, 09:39 AM   #3
PossumDixon
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 Coke
demollo
Old 25 January 2020, 11:39 AM   #4
Rolexoman
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Datejust II
Not sure they are Grey Mkt or not but I have dealt with Watchshopping.com thru Chrono24 several times and got two very nice pieces, both were NIB with full factory warranty

I did however get this excellent condition Omega Seamaster AT from DavidSw and currently he has several Omega AT 150’s
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 37FEEBFA-5C15-457B-A08F-F43EF5BF436D.jpeg (102.8 KB, 421 views)
Citizens Eco-Drive BL1258-53L Rolex DJII 116334, Tudor Heritage Black Bay 79230R Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra GMT 231.13.43.22.02.004 Ulysse Nardin Marine Torpilleur 1183.310/40 MAS Irukandji Vostok Komandirskie B&R BR0392-D-G-BR/SCA Vostok Komandirskie (Tank) South Bend Model 1 #716632 Vostok Amphibia (Sub)
Rolexoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2020, 12:05 PM   #5
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

Watch: Good ones
My Aqua Terra was purchased from an AD at a substantial discount. Check the discount at an AD. I get a kick out of walking out with the watch. I have heard great things about David SW from people who bought from him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
scarlet knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2020, 09:07 PM   #6
AEC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
For an Aqua Terra, I recommend having a watch covered by the Omega warranty. It's not uncommon for an Aqua Terra to require the attention of a watchmaker in the first couple of years, and it's probably best that Omega does the work. Common malfunctions include crown operations and alignment of the hour hand.

An Omega AD can often be persuaded to discount at attractive rates. Depending on the dealer, 20%-ish is the range you can expect. If you buy out of state then you probably will avoid sales tax, too.

I like Radcliffe in Maryland. Talk to Erik, who posts often in sales corners here and on other sites such as WUS and TZ. As Rolexoman mentions in his reply, Watchshopping.com offers attractive pricing with a validated Omega warranty (be sure to confirm validation on the exact watch before buying, though). Watchexchangecompany.com is a trusted seller who always shows a nice selection of Aqua Terra models, and his watches come with a validated Omega warranty, too.

Don't let my report about reliability spook you away from an Aqua Terra; it's a fantastic watch for your purpose, you probably won't encounter any malfunction, and I recommend it.

AEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2020, 10:24 PM   #7
1William

Watch: Rolex/Others
I would go with a Trusted Seller and there is no better than DavidSW. Check out his web site and if you do not see what you want then contact him and see if he can get it for you. Most of the Omega's I have purchased from him are complete and under warranty but he also offers a warranty if the watch is out of warranty for a year. I have only had to use his warranty once but no issues and returned promptly. Good luck.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2020, 10:17 AM   #8
md3113

Watch Exchange Co., mdgrwl on omegaforums. Lots of reviews there and on Chron24.
md3113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2020, 10:58 AM   #9
Fisherman

I second David S Williams
Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2020, 11:03 AM   #10
yessir69
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by md3113 View Post
Watch Exchange Co., mdgrwl on omegaforums. Lots of reviews there and on Chron24.
This. I’ve bought an AT from Matt.
yessir69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2020, 01:09 PM   #11
trippinjimmy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackminny15 View Post
Hey all, I recently picked up a Sub C and now would like to expand my collection with an Omega. I want something closer to dressy than sporty, so I've honed in on the Aqua Terra 150. Prices direct from Omega run $5700+, but a number of grey dealers on Chrono24 have this model substantially lower.

Just wondering who you've all used as a grey or would recommend to buy this watch if I don't get it from an AD. For instance, WatchMaxx and Interwatches have a number of Omega listings on Chrono24, has anyone ever dealt with them? Others you'd recommend? From a newbie, thanks!
I've purchased quite a few Omegas from Borsheim's in Omaha...I usually get 20-25% discount.

Jared (he went to Jared) carries Omega in some of their stores and will do 15%.

I've negotiated 15% at Josephs Jewelers in Des Moines as well...but if you're set on going gray, David SW!
trippinjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 February 2020, 02:06 AM   #12
Cadillac1
"TRF" Member

Another vote for DavidSW, watchbox usually has a few AT's for sale as well.
Cadillac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 February 2020, 02:54 AM   #13
bobbyandy
"TRF" Member

Although I haven't bought an AT from them, I've purchased other watches from Jomashop and had no issues. AT is about 35% discount from retail. If someone else knows why OP shouldn't consider Jomashop, please post comment - will help me as well...I'm also looking at AT next. Thanks!
bobbyandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 February 2020, 08:57 AM   #14
sportsmaven20
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyandy View Post
Although I haven't bought an AT from them, I've purchased other watches from Jomashop and had no issues. AT is about 35% discount from retail. If someone else knows why OP shouldn't consider Jomashop, please post comment - will help me as well...I'm also looking at AT next. Thanks!
I’m sure others will chime in, but to many, the Jomashop 4-year warranty does not hold the weight that the Omega factory 5-year warranty carries. Many choose “piece of mind” to go Omega AD or grey dealer that carries the original Omega factory warranty that will be handled by Omega factory trained technicians in the event an issue arises during the original warranty period.

No one knows what training the Jomashop technician has when a watch has an issue during the 4-year Jomashop warranty period.

If price is all you care about, then Jomashop is the way to go!
sportsmaven20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 February 2020, 09:10 AM   #15
Cadillac1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyandy View Post
As posted above, I wanted the full warranty for a little peace of mind. Nothing against joma.

IMG_0093.jpg
Cadillac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 February 2020, 11:24 PM   #16
bobbyandy
"TRF" Member

Good points. I'm not looking for just lowest price and would consider paying more for the Omega warranty. The previous watches I've purchased from Joma were on the level of Movado quartz, so the AT would be quite a different story. Worth paying more so if there ever is an issue, I know Omega trained techs are handling the watch. Thanks for the perspective.
bobbyandy is offline   Reply With Quote