The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Breitling Discussion Forum

Old 27 November 2017, 07:14 AM   #1
redfoxer
"TRF" Member

Brietling repair options - crown and middle case damage

Hey All,

I am UK based and am looking to get my watch repaired. I've got a question that I may already know the answer to but wanted to see if anyone may know otherwise?

I have a Breitling Colt that has taken damage to the crown and middle case? I can't screw the crown down properly so I believe both of these will need to be changed.

I've also noticed a bit of play when attempting to set the time and recently had a scare when the crown stopped moving the hands completely. A quick screw in and back out seemed to have fixed the issue but I haven't set the time again recently.

Is there anywhere in the UK I can send it to for repair other than the official Breitling service center?
redfoxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2017, 06:49 AM   #2
polaris72
2024 Pledge Member

I would recommend official service center over any other shop. Crown replacement is fairly cheap, but the watch may require full maintenance. Depending on the dent, you may need polishing too. Do not know about prices in UK, but in US, I would guess about $900-$1,000.
polaris72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2017, 08:37 AM   #3
redfoxer
"TRF" Member

Thanks Polaris. Why an official service center over any other shops? It seems to me that a few independent shops are often recommended over Rolex service centers as their service is often similar or better at a better cost.

I know Breitling restricts parts - is this the reason or are breitling skills outside of the service center hard to find?

Thanks in advance.
Old 22 December 2017, 08:25 PM   #4
polaris72
2024 Pledge Member

I think you are right about the parts' restrictions. On the same note, it seems to me that those watch shops servicing Breitling's often service other brands and I feel that their specialty is "diluted" to some basic repairs. I have a good experience with the Breitling Service Center in the US (CT), which has done good job on my (an my wife's) multiple Breitlings. When it comes to polishing, you want someone experienced who will not over polish your watch and completely change the case character. This is my experience. You may do a due diligence on your shop and find out that they are as good as official service center.

P.S. Watch those videos on Breitling's website under Service tab. There is lot of effort going into servicing your watch.
polaris72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 December 2017, 08:40 AM   #5
redfoxer
"TRF" Member

Thanks Polaris, much appreciated in hearing your thoughts.