The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 11 May 2021, 07:58 PM   #1
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

My AD says...

My post is for a UK AD and comes with the standard disclaimer. Nothing new but some additional info to support what is in circulation:

My AD is a small, family owned business who has one shop in one of the smallest cities in the UK. They are "rationalising" their SS BLRO list and wanted to check if I was still interested and which bracelet I would prefer. I said either, they asked me to pick one, so I went with Oyster.

Their Rolex buyer believes that that their allocation of SS BLRO will not change in the next 12 months and their Oyster to Jubilee ratio will be around 1:1.

Alternative bracelets for GMT Master models that have them, and Sky Dwellers will be available to buy from some time in 2022. It will not be a trade in/exchange. They will order me a TT Sky Dweller Jubilee, but not this year.

A number of things have been trialled around matters of housekeeping, record keeping and stock control during the UK lock downs, because staff who were retained (everyone in the watch department) spent less time physically interacting with customers. They recorded the number of phone enquires for certain models. In the past 12 months they have received over 1,000 phone enquiries for the SS BLRO.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2021, 08:04 PM   #2
JSolution
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD
Interesting information thanks.

On a side not my AD was able to get me the recently discontinued white dial exp II same as yours yesterday :) he told me that eventually bracelets will be able to be ordered separately.
JSolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2021, 08:13 PM   #3
ninjin
"TRF" Member

Watch: give me time...
I was same as you last week with a Black Exp2. AD called me up and said Rolex has sent them a couple to sell. My AD said that the GMT oyster will be available for purchase as a stand alone part but don't expect to see stock availability till 2022.
Old 11 May 2021, 08:31 PM   #4
drrd
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry-57 View Post
In the past 12 months they have received over 1,000 phone enquiries for the SS BLRO.
Thanks for the update

I was a bit quick off the mark and they hadnt heard about bracelet availability when I checked.

Funny re blro - so glad they’re a bit too small for me. Good luck and I hope they can get you one. At least they’re transparent about things, unlike the big chains.
drrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2021, 09:54 PM   #5
DonRickles
Banned

Watch: Your mouth
My Ad says....the WG Daytona I finally got, will be the only one they see for the rest of the year!
DonRickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2021, 10:02 PM   #6
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRickles View Post
My Ad says....the WG Daytona I finally got, will be the only one they see for the rest of the year!

congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zenith 02.470.405
Henry Archer Eclipse

2FA security enabled
fskywalker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11 May 2021, 10:02 PM   #7
garyk
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
My AD quit selling Rolex. The cases, logos, clocks, etc have all been removed...
Old 11 May 2021, 10:30 PM   #8
DonRickles
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fskywalker View Post
congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thank you Francisco!
Old 12 May 2021, 12:03 AM   #9
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRickles View Post
And the only one you see, I wouldn't be surprised.

Congratulations.
Old 12 May 2021, 12:07 AM   #10
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSolution View Post
Interesting information thanks.

On a side not my AD was able to get me the recently discontinued white dial exp II same as yours yesterday :) he told me that eventually bracelets will be able to be ordered separately.
You are welcome. Congratulations on the Polar. Personally, I think the recently discontinued Polar is the one to have if you can get a run out one. But I suppose I'm biased. I have one 32 based Rolex which runs faultlessly, so I might be over worrying.
Old 12 May 2021, 12:08 AM   #11
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjin View Post
I was same as you last week with a Black Exp2. AD called me up and said Rolex has sent them a couple to sell. My AD said that the GMT oyster will be available for purchase as a stand alone part but don't expect to see stock availability till 2022.
Congratulations. Those floating hands are well worth having IMO. I never thought Rolex would ditch them.
Old 12 May 2021, 12:10 AM   #12
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrd View Post
Thanks for the update

I was a bit quick off the mark and they hadnt heard about bracelet availability when I checked.

Funny re blro - so glad they’re a bit too small for me. Good luck and I hope they can get you one. At least they’re transparent about things, unlike the big chains.
Thank you.

So far as I know my AD plays straight with me. If they say I'm on a list, I'm on. If they can't put me on a list (as happened with the 116610LV) they will tell me.
Old 12 May 2021, 01:50 AM   #13
Beto737
"TRF" Member

My AD says, “ like one in a million chance,” for me to see anything stainless sports. I’m still in the game boys!!
Beto737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2021, 02:37 AM   #14
DonRickles
Banned

My AD says, anything and everything that comes in, sells on three minutes!
Old 12 May 2021, 05:56 AM   #15
casadecamporolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116619LB
And yet, as incredibly rare all SS models are plus the other grails, another post claims to have acquired 8 rare references from an AD in just 12 months.
My AD is like yours. They know their 2021 allocation now; they just don’t know when they arrive.
casadecamporolex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2021, 06:15 AM   #16
Doric
"TRF" Member

Interesting! Harry and I use the same AD and I too had this call this morning. I actually missed the call as I was making coffee for my business partners, despite sitting around my desk, they ignored my call and failed to tell me I’d missed a call - they just want their coffee😀
I spotted the missed call much later and frantically called ‘my’ guy at the AD, fantasising about the Daytona that he was surely calling to offer me......

Ah well, never mind - at least I know I’ll get a Pepsi at some point!

Oh and I ‘chose’ jubilee bracelet 😀
Doric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2021, 06:41 AM   #17
Tricolore66
"TRF" Member

My guess is that Rolex quit your dealer…

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyk View Post
My AD quit selling Rolex. The cases, logos, clocks, etc have all been removed...
Tricolore66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2021, 07:11 AM   #18
Tuma
"TRF" Member

Quote:
My post is for a UK AD and comes with the standard disclaimer. Nothing new but some additional info to support what is in circulation:

My AD is a small, family owned business who has one shop in one of the smallest cities in the UK. They are "rationalising" their SS BLRO list and wanted to check if I was still interested and which bracelet I would prefer. I said either, they asked me to pick one, so I went with Oyster.

Their Rolex buyer believes that that their allocation of SS BLRO will not change in the next 12 months and their Oyster to Jubilee ratio will be around 1:1.

Alternative bracelets for GMT Master models that have them, and Sky Dwellers will be available to buy from some time in 2022. It will not be a trade in/exchange. They will order me a TT Sky Dweller Jubilee, but not this year.

A number of things have been trialled around matters of housekeeping, record keeping and stock control during the UK lock downs, because staff who were retained (everyone in the watch department) spent less time physically interacting with customers. They recorded the number of phone enquires for certain models. In the past 12 months they have received over 1,000 phone enquiries for the SS BLRO.
City or town Harry? i had the exact same conversation with my AD. LOL
Tuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2021, 07:59 AM   #19
gold&black
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Yeah at my AD the BLRO is the most in demand piece. Was happy to get mine in November last year.

Not been to my AD since I picked up the BLNR in Feb, but hoping to pick up at least 2 further SS models this year.
gold&black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2021, 09:25 AM   #20
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doric View Post
Ah well, never mind - at least I know I’ll get a Pepsi at some point!

Oh and I ‘chose’ jubilee bracelet 😀
Thank you for not lengthening my half of the queue.
Old 12 May 2021, 09:26 AM   #21
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold&black View Post
Not been to my AD since I picked up the BLNR in Feb, but hoping to pick up at least 2 further SS models this year.
That will be no mean achievement considering the times we are living in. Good luck with them.
Old 12 May 2021, 09:30 AM   #22
bp1000
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the info

Just so I’m clear, the info relayed is saying they will receive exactly the same number of BLROs in total but they expect half to be oyster, other half jubilee

I honestly thought the total number of BLROs would increase. Maybe 4-5 extra per year on oyster
bp1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2021, 12:55 PM   #23
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
My AD said on my last visit, which was to pick up my BLRO from its RSC visit:
1. My SA said with no prompting from me that they firmly believe there have been three distinct bezel insert versions on the BLRO. He says my December ‘18 pick up is MK II.
2. My SA and another both said they are selling plenty of watches but almost all are sold in advance. There wasn’t much in the cases, they said they sell maybe a dozen a week to walk ins.
3. When the new OP’s were introduced last fall they seemed to be getting an ample supply. I turned down the Coral Red 41 I wanted because it came in quicker than expected and I had just made an unrelated large purchase. They became allocation pieces at the beginning of the year and they were told they would get only 30 41’s this year of all colors. My wait for one now will now get much longer.
ArtNouveau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2021, 07:58 PM   #24
gold&black
"TRF" Member

Quote:
That will be no mean achievement considering the times we are living in. Good luck with them.
Thank you and good luck with the BLRO, I hope it comes in quicker.
It's a fantastic piece and my go to watch at the moment!
Old 12 May 2021, 07:59 PM   #25
gold&black
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp1000 View Post
Thanks for the info

Just so I’m clear, the info relayed is saying they will receive exactly the same number of BLROs in total but they expect half to be oyster, other half jubilee

I honestly thought the total number of BLROs would increase. Maybe 4-5 extra per year on oyster
That's correct, no additional BLROs and a potential longer wait ifnyour fixed on a particular variant of bracelet.
Old 12 May 2021, 08:27 PM   #26
1lastone
"TRF" Member

Watch: El primero
Also had a similar call, probably the same Ad
1lastone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2021, 08:29 PM   #27
bp1000
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold&black View Post
That's correct, no additional BLROs and a potential longer wait ifnyour fixed on a particular variant of bracelet.
Very interesting

I thought this was a way to up production without affecting scarcity. Seems to be the other way!

Imagine trying to get oyster BLRO now.
bp1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2021, 09:35 PM   #28
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuma View Post
City or town Harry? i had the exact same conversation with my AD. LOL
City. Bath. Wells is the smallest City in the UK, I don't know where Bath ranks but it's not big.

I expect (although I do not know) that the vast volumes of multiple generation old money mop up a lot of VIP goods. There is also usually an all year tourist trade but they don't get the hot models. However, from what I can gather, many want TT and PM Rolex watches with diamonds on them, which are cheaper to buy over here.

Which bracelet did you go for?
Old 12 May 2021, 09:40 PM   #29
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Yes. It could be that your information source heard different or spoke to someone different at Rolex at a different time. My AD's Rolex buyer is usually accurate. The operative word being usually. I hope your prediction proves to be the more accurate. I hope it also proves to be conservative.
Old 12 May 2021, 09:43 PM   #30
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Imagine trying to get oyster BLRO now.
I don't have to imagine it LOL!

If I don't die of old age first, I will inform the community.