The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watch Reviews (Non-Rolex)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 8 July 2018, 01:08 AM   #1
Insured
"TRF" Member

Watch: RLX, TDR, PAM, ETC
Tudor North Flag - 30 Minutes In

Greetings fellow WIS's,

I figured I'd christen my new profile on this forum with a brief review of a watch I just bought off of Rolex Forums (my first dealing here).

First off, like many others out there I will admit that since seeing the photos of this watch after it was introduced I have had a love/hate relationship with it. I have also never owned a Tudor and after owning several Rolex's I decided to test drive the brand family with a watch that I was so-so on..... what could go wrong??!!

My impressions after ~30 minutes on the wrist:

1. The dimensions online are no doubt accurate but I would call this watch a watch that "wears" like 39-40mm watch even though it's called a 40mm watch that can at times wear a touch bigger. Because of the integrated lugs angling very sharply downwards from the case I would definitely call this watch a great option for a small-wristed individual looking for a sporty-sized watch because the lugs don't span too fa across the top of the wrist the way certain other watches would, certain Omegas for example.

2. The yellow accents are far less annoying in person than in close up pictures (in my opinion). I like a watch with a little something to make it different and Id say the yellow here does that without being too obvious or cheapening the watch.

3. A tapered bracelet from the case to the clasp, just like on all modern Rolex sport models that I can think of at the moment as well as some of their dressier models, is absolutely the way to go! That slight taper down "feature" adds to the comfort of any watch I've been able to have it on. My Datejust and SubC (with the bigger case) to name two that I own.... makes it much more wearable and in my opinion a little more classic versus some of the watches I own that don't taper, Longines Hydroconquest and Fortis Spacematic to name a couple.

4. If I were going to state one gripe I would say that it feels that it sits a tad high on the wrist with the black ceramic bezel accent so I'd say that could be a hair smaller. I have no idea if it would fit under a cuff or not but just aesthetically I think it could be a little more fitted down to the wrist top.

After a half hour I'd give this watch a solid B+, and for the price point when comparing it to other options I'd say the value this watch offers it tremendous. I can't comment on the movement other than to say for Rolex/Tudor to make a display case back it must mean that they want people to talk about it, so there, I talked about it! LOL

I will also conclude by saying the weight on the wrist is nice. Not too heavy, not too light. A great sports watch in that regard. Pic attached on my ~6.6" wrist, for reference.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NF.jpg (70.0 KB, 379 views)
Insured is offline   Reply With Quote