The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 17 June 2019, 12:17 PM   #1
Fredette
Banned

Reputable places to send my Navitimer

Looking for reputable places to get a full service for one of my Navitimers. Are there cheaper, but good quality, options or is sending the watch to Breitling petty much the only option.

Thanks!
Fredette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2019, 12:35 PM   #2
arcadelt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredette View Post
Looking for reputable places to get a full service for one of my Navitimers. Are there cheaper, but good quality, options or is sending the watch to Breitling petty much the only option.

Thanks!

It would help if you told us where in the world you are located.
arcadelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2019, 10:05 PM   #3
polaris72
2024 Pledge Member

I only have experience with their RSC in CT and it was up and down. I have to send my SuperOcean GMT for the third time back as it does not keep a good time.
polaris72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2019, 12:47 AM   #4
Nucengineer
"TRF" Member

Watch: Navitmer 1 B01
Quote:

Thanks!
I just recently had my Navitimer 01 serviced at Breitling in Wilton CT. They are not cheap, but their work is very good and I was pleased with the job they did. Just be aware that they will describe your watch as needing everything replaced. I think this is their corporate directive. So only replace what you know needs replacement and you can help keep the cost down to a dull roar. Expect $800-1100. Polishing is complimentary when you have the watch serviced.

Regards,

Jim
Nucengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2019, 12:50 AM   #5
Fredette
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucengineer View Post
I just recently had my Navitimer 01 serviced at Breitling in Wilton CT. They are not cheap, but their work is very good and I was pleased with the job they did. Just be aware that they will describe your watch as needing everything replaced. I think this is their corporate directive. So only replace what you know needs replacement and you can help keep the cost down to a dull roar. Expect $800-1100. Polishing is complimentary when you have the watch serviced.
Ok thanks. Yeah, 1100 is what the local AD said as well. Mind blowing

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Old 24 June 2019, 05:48 AM   #6
Camdamonium
"TRF" Member

Watch: Hublot DepecheMode
I use High Grade Watch in Plano, Texas. Have been using them since May and probably sent 10-12 watches through them. Solid place and people, three generations deep of watchmakers.
Camdamonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2019, 05:57 AM   #7
Fredette
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camdamonium View Post
I use High Grade Watch in Plano, Texas. Have been using them since May and probably sent 10-12 watches through them. Solid place and people, three generations deep of watchmakers.
How much do they charge?

Old 24 June 2019, 06:02 AM   #8
Camdamonium
"TRF" Member

Quote:
How much do they charge?

Depends what the watch needs, give them a call. It’s a watch by watch basis, but usually $600 for full service. They get my watches done in under a week as well. My polishing is done there, and they get it done in 1-2 days. My Hublot service was done in 3 days.

Wouldn’t hurt to give them a call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 13 November 2019, 03:38 AM   #9
com.art.de
"TRF" Member

I just received my Old Navitimer II back from the Breitling Service Center here in Germany!

I originally broke the stem off when my timepiece fell off the dresser and the date change stopped changing at exactly midnight.

I thought I would have to pay an arm and a leg but was only charged $596 for the full service and replacement of the stem.

I dropped off on August 4 and was ready for pick up on October 2.

I was pleased with my first Breitling Service Center experience from its German location!
com.art.de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2020, 08:02 AM   #10
Camdamonium
"TRF" Member

High Grade Watch Repair in Plano, Texas. Tell them Camden referred you. They will treat you right as they have my past 25.
Old 10 January 2020, 09:07 PM   #11
OTX
"TRF" Member

Quote:
High Grade Watch Repair in Plano, Texas. Tell them Camden referred you. They will treat you right as they have my past 25.
Hi Camden. Do you know if they service the Breitling 01 movement?. If I’m not mistaken, only Breitling has the parts for them?.
OTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2020, 02:01 AM   #12
Camdamonium
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odat View Post
Hi Camden. Do you know if they service the Breitling 01 movement?. If I’m not mistaken, only Breitling has the parts for them?.

They do service B01. B01s are most often what need servicing in my experience. Be aware a service is just lubricating the movement and putting in new gaskets. Therefore, any one can do it.

Also, they can get parts. Not sure if they are always Breitling (pretty sure they are but not 100% sure), you can ask them about that. But most watches don’t need parts for servicing.

Now if you drop a watch or something, it’s best to send it to Breitling as it will need a few new parts and you’ll know they have it.

Old 11 January 2020, 12:18 PM   #13
OTX
"TRF" Member

Quote:
They do service B01. B01s are most often what need servicing in my experience. Be aware a service is just lubricating the movement and putting in new gaskets. Therefore, any one can do it.

Also, they can get parts. Not sure if they are always Breitling (pretty sure they are but not 100% sure), you can ask them about that. But most watches don’t need parts for servicing.

Now if you drop a watch or something, it’s best to send it to Breitling as it will need a few new parts and you’ll know they have it.

I appreciate the response. I’ll ask them and see what they say. They are highly reviewed on google. They must be doing something right.
OTX is offline   Reply With Quote