The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 18 June 2019, 05:25 PM   #61
myusernamez
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3jasper View Post
What is your MO here? Are you going to ask them to sell you a rare piece to make up for your "unpleasant experience"?
Not everything in life has to have something in return you know. I am sure he is already happy to exchange ideas and talk to the CEO and use the opportunity to learn more about AP and their internal processes and views.

Assuming someone needs something in return is ridiculous.
Old 18 June 2019, 05:27 PM   #62
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
Quote:
Originally Posted by cascavel View Post
I'm guessing one of two things happened: they offered him a watch on the condition that he never post anything about them online again or they invited him to go deep sea fishing, as their guest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2019, 01:06 AM   #63
FrmrHoss
"TRF" Member

For what it's worth, OP's thread inspired me to reach out to AP as well based on my experiences and they scheduled a phone call with me within a few days to discuss. Next time I'm in NYC or Miami we plan on meeting together to discuss more in person. They also said they were well aware of OP's thread on rolexforums about his experience in the NYC boutique (but maybe he got to them before I did!).

The two things I was interested in discussing were a mix of:
(1) Specifically, the NY boutique experience
(2) Generally, the difficulty of being an AP customer nowadays if you're a fan of the brand but don't spend $$$$$$$ each year year.
FrmrHoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2019, 10:30 PM   #64
Rolex addict
Banned

Watch: me crash my bike
I haven't had a good experience at any AP boutique or AD. Vegas was so so, but you don't stand a chance of getting anything unless you're spending over $200K. The guys at ECJ Luxe are just liars, crooks, and scumbags. It's turned me off the brand completely.
Rolex addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2019, 10:53 PM   #65
FrmrHoss
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolex addict View Post
I haven't had a good experience at any AP boutique or AD. Vegas was so so, but you don't stand a chance of getting anything unless you're spending over $200K. The guys at ECJ Luxe are just liars, crooks, and scumbags. It's turned me off the brand completely.
Well, since AP is moving basically just to boutiques should cut down the chances of an AD spoiling their reputation to customers. At least ECJ still has Hublot!

I think Vegas at least has treated me well, even if I have no chance of actually buying something from them. It's a double kick in the nuts when you're treated poorly while being told you'll never get to buy from them.... none of these are really issues that are specific to AP necessarily (I've been treated just as bad by Rolex ADs that I've visited while out of town just perusing for any steel sports models), just hit a little more home for me because I've like the brand and now I don't really know how to continue to support them other than buying gray or hoping the Code 11.59 grows on me.
FrmrHoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2019, 12:55 AM   #66
Vaxe
"TRF" Member

Curious what transpired for you at ECJ. I recently experienced the same and will post later, but yes I agree they should definitely lose AD status for all the shady things they do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolex addict View Post
Vaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2019, 04:11 AM   #67
Rolex addict
Banned

Watch: me crash my bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaxe View Post
Curious what transpired for you at ECJ. I recently experienced the same and will post later, but yes I agree they should definitely lose AD status for all the shady things they do.
I had a date wheel break on my two tone sub. Chris told me they have a Rolex certified guy they use. Instead of sending it to RSC for such a "simple" fix, I let them take care of it. That was a bad decision on my part. It came back severely dented and scratched up. Even the hands had damage. Ross, Chris' boss, said I shipped the watch to them in that condition. Not only do I have pictures proving otherwise, I have a text from Chris saying the watch was near mint when he got it. Unfortunately, not long after this, I was in a bicycle accident that put me ICU for a week. I didn't have an insurance card on me, so the hospital just started running up a bill that ended up over $400K. At the end of the day, State Farm covered all the repairs and fixed the watch at Dallas RSC while I fought the hospital and went through recovery. I just hope no one else falls victim to those scumbags and crooks.
Rolex addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2019, 07:13 AM   #68
calh22a
Banned

Where is the OP? Would be nice to hear what happened during the meeting. Perhaps he is enjoying his newly allocated 15407.
calh22a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2019, 11:03 AM   #69
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by calh22a View Post
Where is the OP? Would be nice to hear what happened during the meeting. Perhaps he is enjoying his newly allocated 15407.
Yeah, why bother with the entire thread. And after I believe it was a trf member that gave him the contact in the first place.
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2019, 01:25 AM   #70
SBC1986
"TRF" Member

Please tell him that the Beverly Hills shop is also terrible!
SBC1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2019, 12:49 PM   #71
dchang81
2024 Pledge Member

Stupid to ask for a follow-up?
dchang81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2019, 09:00 PM   #72
SMD
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchang81 View Post
Stupid to ask for a follow-up?
I am sure the OP was bought off. AP probably promised him something so long as he kept quiet. Not like he hasn’t been logging in and checking.
Old 25 June 2019, 11:42 PM   #73
wiswrist
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

I sent the OP a PM and he never replied. Pretty rude.
Old 26 June 2019, 12:28 AM   #74
ufboy73
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rac10000 View Post
I sent the OP a PM and he never replied. Pretty rude.
Yep, basically pumped us for info and perspective (probably to appear informed and knowledgable to the ceo) - and then silence.

Even a simple ‘thanks, ceo was great but I am not really permitted to talk details’ would have been great.

Oh well, just annoyed i replied to the thread in the first place
ufboy73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2019, 12:35 AM   #75
GoingPlaces
"TRF" Member

Maybe the meeting didn't happen?
GoingPlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2019, 01:41 AM   #76
calh22a
Banned

What a poor display by the OP. Why start this thread and ask for suggestions and input from fellow TRF members only to completely ignore requests from fellow members for updates.
calh22a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2019, 02:27 AM   #77
SMD
"TRF" Member

Quote:
What a poor display by the OP. Why start this thread and ask for suggestions and input from fellow TRF members only to completely ignore requests from fellow members for updates.
After a TRF member was the one to PM the contact info that led to the meeting in the first place!
Old 26 June 2019, 06:40 AM   #78
teflonchest
"TRF" Member

CEO of AP Meeting

Quote:

Dont worry guys i will keep an eye out on his most recent forum activity and if he dare post again i will reply asap and interrogate him back into this thread for an update

Edit: he is offline now but ive created a macro to refresh his profile hourly and will notify me if his status changes
teflonchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2019, 06:46 AM   #79
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Just a thought, if this Susan really is such a nasty bitch maybe she is connected to some serious people and maybe the OP has met an untimely end?

Old 26 June 2019, 07:00 AM   #80
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Ok I think it’s time for a response since a few of you have asked for a response, it was me that helped the OP. If you look at the original thread you will see a post where I ask if he’s received a PM.

I don’t know why he has dropped off the radar but I do know that he was offered the opportunity to buy any watch of his choice and has also been given a factory visit to Le Brassus. It’s understandable that having read the entire thread people would want to know how it ended, I hope this helps.

Old 26 June 2019, 07:25 AM   #81
SMD
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshAP View Post
Ok I think it’s time for a response since a few of you have asked for a response, it was me that helped the OP. If you look at the original thread you will see a post where I ask if he’s received a PM.

I don’t know why he has dropped off the radar but I do know that he was offered the opportunity to buy any watch of his choice and has also been given a factory visit to Le Brassus. It’s understandable that having read the entire thread people would want to know how it ended, I hope this helps.

Thank you. NYC is where I purchase so I was curious how it ended.
Old 26 June 2019, 11:31 AM   #82
Naples09
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshAP View Post

Good on you for helping the OP....just wish new members would return the favor and continue to post - not disappear into the night.

It happens all too often anymore.

Naples09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2019, 05:10 PM   #83
cascavel
2024 Pledge Member

Everyone on this site will now go into an AP boutique looking to start an altercation with a sales person in the hope of being able to complain vociferously and be rewarded with a watch of their choice and a Swiss Vacation. I know where I'm headed this afternoon.

Last edited by cascavel; 26 June 2019 at 05:11 PM.. Reason: Grammer error
cascavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2019, 08:03 AM   #84
dauster
"TRF" Member

I read this entire thread but why the OP given this opportunity (buy any watch he wants and a trip to Switzerland)? Was the OP already a longtime AP customer and then complained, I would be really surprised if somebody with no purchase history gets a meeting with the CEO????
dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2019, 08:16 AM   #85
T3F
"TRF" Member

Maybe this is just me being a bit crusty, but I actually don’t think that’s a great resolution. Lots of people have had bad experiences with AP, myself included, and while that’s good for him, I do think it’s unfair to others who have had similar experiences but got told to pound salt.

I complained and almost immediately got a call back from someone pretty high up who listened to all of my complaints, gave their side to the story, and flat-out admitted that they could do a better job and were looking to improve. He then followed up with the manager and salesperson at the boutique I have a purchase history with, who then promptly reached out to me and listened to my complaints. They apologized for my experience, clarified a few things about allocation that made me feel better, and reiterated that they were working to allocate me stuff and would at some point, though I might just have to wait a bit. I was not offered priority because I complained, nor any other sort of compensation (e.g., factory visit), and I don’t think I should have been. They did an absolutely fantastic job of assuaging my concerns and I feel that my relationship with AP is stronger than it was even before I got annoyed with them.

I won’t totally fault AP for giving the OP here the settlement they did, but it still doesn’t sit great with me because it sort of sends the message that kicking and screaming is a better route to getting what you want (and makes you valued more) than being fair, reasonable, and having a good relationship with the brand. Again, I’m sure this wasn’t AP’s intent — they were just trying to make things right with a customer who was treated quite poorly — but for those that have been loyal customers, maintained a good relationship, and have spent a bunch of money with the brand (I’m not including myself in this, as I’ve only bought two APs so far, but I know that many have spent well into the six figures and can hardly get allocated anything) but are unable to get allocations to a bunch of pieces, this is probably fairly insulting.
Old 30 June 2019, 10:18 AM   #86
roxobox
"TRF" Member

Boy when I complained about my treatment in a boutique and asked what was going on people literally attacked me or said I was obviously “asking too much”.

I read this thread and others like it and realize I was clearly not the only one.

While I did end up getting my 15500 it’s clear to me my original thread of “how to get AP boutique not to treat you like crap?” Which was taken so poorly was not inconsistent with others experiences.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
roxobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2019, 12:53 PM   #87
KBM
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3F View Post
Maybe this is just me being a bit crusty, but I actually don’t think that’s a great resolution. Lots of people have had bad experiences with AP, myself included, and while that’s good for him, I do think it’s unfair to others who have had similar experiences but got told to pound salt.

I complained and almost immediately got a call back from someone pretty high up who listened to all of my complaints, gave their side to the story, and flat-out admitted that they could do a better job and were looking to improve. He then followed up with the manager and salesperson at the boutique I have a purchase history with, who then promptly reached out to me and listened to my complaints. They apologized for my experience, clarified a few things about allocation that made me feel better, and reiterated that they were working to allocate me stuff and would at some point, though I might just have to wait a bit. I was not offered priority because I complained, nor any other sort of compensation (e.g., factory visit), and I don’t think I should have been. They did an absolutely fantastic job of assuaging my concerns and I feel that my relationship with AP is stronger than it was even before I got annoyed with them.

I won’t totally fault AP for giving the OP here the settlement they did, but it still doesn’t sit great with me because it sort of sends the message that kicking and screaming is a better route to getting what you want (and makes you valued more) than being fair, reasonable, and having a good relationship with the brand. Again, I’m sure this wasn’t AP’s intent — they were just trying to make things right with a customer who was treated quite poorly — but for those that have been loyal customers, maintained a good relationship, and have spent a bunch of money with the brand (I’m not including myself in this, as I’ve only bought two APs so far, but I know that many have spent well into the six figures and can hardly get allocated anything) but are unable to get allocations to a bunch of pieces, this is probably fairly insulting.
This was a well reasoned post with which I tend to agree.
KBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2019, 09:22 PM   #88
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by kauebm View Post
This was a well reasoned post with which I tend to agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
Yes, point them to the dissatisfied forum threads and remind him this forum is now a powerful voice in this hyped up world where everyone is now online.
QED.

Social Media is a huge megaphone now.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 July 2019, 02:39 AM   #89
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
QED.

Social Media is a huge megaphone now.
I think the reason he received this result was Ash's intervention. Maybe I am wrong but he is an excellent customer and I am guessing he influenced the result.
Old 1 July 2019, 10:51 AM   #90
Fat_ninja
Banned

Watch: P-01
Quote:
Originally Posted by teflonchest View Post
Dont worry guys i will keep an eye out on his most recent forum activity and if he dare post again i will reply asap and interrogate him back into this thread for an update

Edit: he is offline now but ive created a macro to refresh his profile hourly and will notify me if his status changes
Lol

Web scraping?
Fat_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote