The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 21 April 2019, 11:35 AM   #1
Mkink
"TRF" Member

Chrono24 Purchase

Hi all...I am in the market to purchase my first Breitling watch, and I have found a few really good deals on Chrono 24. Has anyone purchased from the sight? My concern is that the watch is about 40% off MSRP and is new. The seller has 179 positive feedback score with a 5 rating. He says that the watch is from a US AD and the warranty book is stamped March 2019. Should I be concerned? I just hope its not too good to be true. Will the warranty be honored by Breitling?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Mkink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2019, 06:23 PM   #2
NavalFlight
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT Master II
I got a new Breitling in October 2018. The warranty card was electronic. Not sure how long ago paper warranty cards were discontinued.
NavalFlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2019, 06:47 PM   #3
blada4life
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkink View Post
Hi all...I am in the market to purchase my first Breitling watch, and I have found a few really good deals on Chrono 24. Has anyone purchased from the sight? My concern is that the watch is about 40% off MSRP and is new. The seller has 179 positive feedback score with a 5 rating. He says that the watch is from a US AD and the warranty book is stamped March 2019. Should I be concerned? I just hope its not too good to be true. Will the warranty be honored by Breitling?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Welcome to Breitling value. The new owners bought the co a few years back and took a massive dump on it. 40% is prob the min discount u now need to buy one. Don’t do it unless you really like the watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
blada4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2019, 06:57 PM   #4
Rolexoman
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Datejust II
Not sure how sellers get new to sell on Chrono24 but a guess would be they work some type of deal with AD’s outside the US as I have seen some selling with warranty card dated by AD but not signed but then all the maker cares about is a dated card and not the name or they could be getting from Flippers, several ppl I know have dealt with sellers on there and seem happy with there purchase.
Rolexoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2019, 09:22 PM   #5
Mkink
"TRF" Member

Thanks everyone. The seller claims that there is no warranty card, but a warranty booklet. He says that not all dealers provide cards but Breitling will honor the warranty nonetheless.
Old 21 April 2019, 10:27 PM   #6
1William
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
I would check and see if the model you are looking at has been discontinued or updated and someone is selling New Old Stock. I like some of the Breitling designs and owned one briefly last year but find the brand somewhat confusing with all of the options and variations. I would be exceptionally careful on a purchase of a Breitling as the market for resale or trade is at best flat or at worst, non-existent. Send a note to a few of our Trusted Sellers and ask what they would give you on a trade or sale. You will find most will not take a Breitling unless it is somewhat rare. When in doubt, don't.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2019, 01:36 AM   #7
Ken B
"TRF" Member

Watch: To many to count
The seller is full of it... walkaway. The booklet is just worthless paper. It explains the warranty. The card is only what has value. You would NOT be able to get warranty work by Breitling. Also, the chrono certificate is important. Bet seller doesn’t have that either.

What model is it?
Tudor Black Bay Bronze 43mm
KRB Imaging and Photography
Ken B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2019, 05:22 AM   #8
Mkink
"TRF" Member

I’m looking at the Avenger Hurricane 45mm
Old 22 April 2019, 05:53 AM   #9
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
Quote:
Originally Posted by blada4life View Post
Welcome to Breitling value. The new owners bought the co a few years back and took a massive dump on it. 40% is prob the min discount u now need to buy one. Don’t do it unless you really like the watch.

I have money to burn at those discounts. Please tell me where there is an AD or boutique (as anywhere else there will be no Breitling warranty) that I can get 40% off.
Old 22 April 2019, 09:41 AM   #10
blada4life
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123Blueface View Post
I have money to burn at those discounts. Please tell me where there is an AD or boutique (as anywhere else there will be no Breitling warranty) that I can get 40% off.

Re-read my comment and you will see I am merely suggesting to buy them at that discount otherwise you will take a bath. Checkout resale prices. And re discount, there are ADs who will give 15-25% off new. Once you wear the watch, it’s used and has much less value. This is not a secret.

blada4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2019, 11:53 PM   #11
InitialAndPitch
Banned

Watch: GMT-II BLRO PEPSI
The COSC can be replaced for about $50 through Breitling. The warranty card not replaceable. If you’re still prepared to take the risk, pay by credit card if possible after screen capturing everything - your bank should support you if warranty is a dud.

There are plenty of Breitlings out there so no real need to roll the dice.

I love my Breitlings even though I need a magnifying glass to read the dial on one of them.
InitialAndPitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 June 2019, 08:10 AM   #12
Rafabond
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Tudor, etc
Some watches, modern, do not have the electronic guarantee, instead they have a guarantee book with the seal of the establishment. the guarantee is the same, no problem, surely the watch was from an AD that left the mark, then Breitling withdrew the electronic guarantees and replaced them with a sealed warranty book. It is the same guarantee without problem
Rafabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2019, 06:06 AM   #13
Camdamonium
"TRF" Member

Watch: Hublot DepecheMode
It was probably new old stock, that's why it would have the warranty booklet. 40% off is very good for a new piece, most likely an AD cut Breitling as a brand and wholesaled the bulk inventory to a reseller. That's why it's 40% off and stamped.
Camdamonium is offline   Reply With Quote