The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 22 November 2017, 03:56 AM   #31
kellyon
Banned

tiffany&co
kellyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2017, 12:13 PM   #32
HobokenRolex
2024 Pledge Member

Plain, thin, white gold for me. 11.5 years and it's treated me well. It's a bit scratched up but I wear it everywhere - rock climbing, camping, swimming, the beach.
HobokenRolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2017, 10:37 PM   #33
gwalker
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD; 116610LN
Find a reputable diamond dealer. A quality diamond is a quality diamond. No need for a 350% markup. I’ve purchased from
A premier store before to have a family stone set. I’m sorry but the fact that they charged somewhere around $7k to set a 3.4ct diamond is absurd. The markup there is just crazy on diamonds. I do purchase other items there but no one knows where the diamond is from. They all come from Mother Earth. She enjoyed the watch I was able to get her with the ring than just some ring that is supposedly designer. To be clear the diamond was just as high quality as what they had in the store. It kill me that every salesperson tells
You they are the BEST. and the lies where they tell you they come from is frankly insulting. I was told one diamond was found just outside the Hollywood Sign. Hate to say it but no diamond mine there and they claimed those were the highest quality in the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2017, 10:42 PM   #34
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Domed platinum is pretty safe and classic.
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2017, 11:39 PM   #35
gwalker
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD; 116610LN
Oh one more thing my wedding ring is in the Atlantic Ocean. I spent 6 hours diving for it and never found it. Tried to help a
Stranded sailboat and climbing aboard it fell off... I guess it’s a good thing I still have a flat a$$ even though I’m
Divorced.

gwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2017, 01:55 AM   #36
Widows Son
"TRF" Member

The warden and I have matching SS bands for everyday. Then have PM rings for dress. Make sure you buy a comfort fit band, the edges wont dig into your finger.
Widows Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2017, 03:33 AM   #37
fusionstorm
"TRF" Member

Watch: various vintage
I only had two requirements when shopping with my wife - low profile and platinum. Went with the Tiffany Classic wedding band, which is 3mm wide.

I'm a big proponent of buying non-custom wedding bands from a luxury brand. If something ever happens to it, you can replace it without too much fuss. And like luxury brands such as Rolex, prices keep creeping up resulting in resale values also being lifted, which comes in handy if circumstances dictate you divest yourself of it.......

Gone.....never forgotten: 14000 F, 14060 V COSC, PAM 048, 16623 F, 1680 MK V 3.1M, 16800 matte 8.3M & 1655 MK IV 7.4M
fusionstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 November 2017, 02:33 AM   #38
NewEnthusiast
"TRF" Member

Watch: Air King/Seamaster
Mine is a plain PT band with an inscription on the inside. I like the fact that it goes with my ss watches and cufflinks. The fact that it's PT means it also doesn't inflame my eczema nor tarnish when it comes in contact with all the lotions and potions I use for it.
NewEnthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 November 2017, 02:48 AM   #39
andromeda160
Banned

Watch: Rolex Oyster
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwalker View Post
Find a reputable diamond dealer. A quality diamond is a quality diamond. No need for a 350% markup. I’ve purchased from
A premier store before to have a family stone set. I’m sorry but the fact that they charged somewhere around $7k to set a 3.4ct diamond is absurd. The markup there is just crazy on diamonds. I do purchase other items there but no one knows where the diamond is from. They all come from Mother Earth. She enjoyed the watch I was able to get her with the ring than just some ring that is supposedly designer. To be clear the diamond was just as high quality as what they had in the store. It kill me that every salesperson tells
You they are the BEST. and the lies where they tell you they come from is frankly insulting. I was told one diamond was found just outside the Hollywood Sign. Hate to say it but no diamond mine there and they claimed those were the highest quality in the world.

The girl i'm seeing got her previous wedding ring from Tiffany, .31ct center canary diamond with a pave setting, $10,000. She saw my moms 4.02ct princess cut set in a band that had another 2cts in stones, total cost was slightly over $20k from a diamond wholesaler. She thought it was a $50k+ ring There was a tiny carbon spot in my moms stone that was only visible under 4x mag or greater. you can't wear the paperwork is what I tell everyone. look at stones in the size range you want, don't look at quality or price. generally you can save thousands that way. I ended up getting my girlfriend a pair of 1/2ct studs, a 3/4ct journey necklace and a really nice set of pearls, set me back $500 for her birthday, retail would've set me back close to $4k but I work at a pawn shop and know the markup. I pay wholesale. which is essentially melt value plus $1-2 pt for diamonds. I got the pearls for less than 10% of the original purchase price. Retail and Resale, it's a crazy game.

i've also had customers in the store with their significant other try and look at rings in our showcase, many a time i've seen women scoff at the thought of a preowned diamond. despite the fact that they were buried in the ground for millions of years. chances are they end up with something set in sterling with diamond chips for $1,000 when they could've had a decent center with some surrounding stones set in gold for the same price used.

sticking to the thread though I like the celtic style bands myself, preferably in platinum
andromeda160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2018, 12:45 PM   #40
returntorolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Jackie Stewart DD
Simple platinum band by Christian Bauer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 598518EC-33CA-413E-823B-5F5680253B08.jpeg (193.0 KB, 233 views)
File Type: jpeg E140AA69-0732-41A0-8800-1B41F24B8C68.jpeg (186.2 KB, 234 views)
File Type: jpeg 667F567C-88B4-48FD-B5C0-04E33668EC59.jpeg (168.6 KB, 233 views)
Old 17 December 2018, 02:15 PM   #41
mfer
"TRF" Member

SS Still going good!
member#3242
mfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2018, 02:12 AM   #42
woodsworth
"TRF" Member

I wear a 3.5mm Cartier Love band... really comfortable / low profile / classic design
woodsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2018, 03:03 AM   #43
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfer View Post
SS Still going good!
Same here. 316L matches all my watches as well
Old 18 December 2018, 03:34 AM   #44
breitlings
Banned

Watch: Apple TV
amazon brand jewelry amazon collection are actually benchmark. you can get a very nice gold or platinum benchmark ring for about 30% what a jewelery would charge. i got a 6mm platinum band comfort polished size 12 or so for about 550
breitlings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2018, 03:49 AM   #45
heritagewatchdealers
"TRF" Member

Watch: Calibre de Cartier
So pretty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cop414 View Post
Simple traditional bands for us, engraved inside by the owner of the jewelry store where they were purchased. We don’t view them as jewelry so much but as symbols of our commitment.
We also got a spare plain gold band for her for wearing at times that she doesn’t want to wear the diamonds, beach, yard work kind of things.
heritagewatchdealers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2018, 08:46 AM   #46
Larry302
"TRF" Member

May go for one of those silicone ones . I stopped wearing my wedding ring years ago. Bent it a few times ,broke it once ,got caught on things many times . Often leading to cuts and pain .

Two friends partially de- gloved by them . Nobody wore them at work and half the guys never off the job either .
Larry302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2018, 10:34 AM   #47
swils8610
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

5mm platinum comfort fit...the weight of platinum is great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
swils8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2018, 11:14 AM   #48
PackPride
"TRF" Member

I went very plain Jane- comfort fit gold band. Guess I’m a fairly simple guy, the gold was the only option I really considered. My wife went the platinum and diamond route.

Wouldn’t change my decision- love the classic look mirroring my father, grandfather, great grandfather, etc.
PackPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2018, 05:55 PM   #49
maylebox
"TRF" Member

I chose a $185 simple band from Macys that looks great along side my Hentschel H2 wedding watch.
maylebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2018, 08:29 PM   #50
walds11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swils8610 View Post
5mm platinum comfort fit...the weight of platinum is great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I have the milgrain comfort fit platinum one as well, but don’t recall the size. Traditional wedding with some heft
Old 28 December 2018, 10:33 PM   #51
SRT313
Banned

99% of the time I wear a black diver silicone ring I bought on EBay for almost nothing. Sometimes I wear a TT platinum ring with my Rolex TT Datejust II.
SRT313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2018, 11:52 PM   #52
Burlington
"TRF" Member

If you aren’t used to wearing a ring the following is advice I would give based purely on my personal experience - YMMV.

- Size correctly, it’s amazing how much your finger can change size with the seasons so be aware of that when buying. A good fit is probably slightly tighter than you imagine - but, think about when you will wear it. Mine hasn’t left my finger since the day it was put on. If you want it on and off then probably a shade looser is sensible.

- Avoid the feeling of it digging into your neighbouring fingers by getting something not too thick or weighty.

I can make a tight fist with mine and not even know I’m wearing it. Perfect for the gym etc.

- Avoid sharp edges or flat squared off designs. You do not want to catch it on things or have it get in the way putting your hand into a pocket etc.

- Go for a classic width and design. Mine is slightly convex, I think it was called a D-comfort fit. So it’s nice and flush against my finger at the edges, but still has some slight depth to it in the middle

- Go for a precious metal (whatever takes your fancy) it’s an item which symbolises your marriage, so tradition matters.

― Winston S. Churchill
Burlington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2018, 11:56 PM   #53
J!m
"TRF" Member

Watch: this! Hold my beer
I went white good to match her rings, but I suggest platinum or rhodium. The latter is an exceptional metal with some fantastic properties.

It was custom made by a jeweler up in Provincetown who did the basic design for himself- it is low and tapered so it does not catch on anything. That was important to me as I am always working with my hands.

It was inexpensive and would still be under a grand in Platinum or Rhodium.

Let her be a part of the process.
J!m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2018, 01:30 AM   #54
DLRIDES
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Me
Purchase something that will have melt value (ROI) in a few years.
Old 29 December 2018, 03:11 AM   #55
Valenciawatchrepair
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLRIDES View Post
Purchase something that will have melt value (ROI) in a few years.
That would rule out almost all the "big name" brands suggested here. lol. Which I agree with. I've been in the business. I can get a good quality band at a good price.

From one, a 6mm flat platinum band, even up to size 12 is $1600 MSRP. That tiffany as posted on the first page is $2,325
Valenciawatchrepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2018, 03:17 AM   #56
ashbaug2
Banned

Watch: 126710 BLRO
6mm Platinum band with a very small diamond inlaid. My grandfather wore a larger (~10mm tapered to 6mm) YG band with a diamond in it. I loved the look, so I had my jeweler do something similar.

My wife wears matching Tacori engagement ring and wedding band, with a bunch of diamonds set in WG. We match pretty well now, I think.
ashbaug2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 December 2018, 05:12 AM   #57
Blacktocomm
"TRF" Member

I really like my basic 4mm rose gold. It basically disappears on my hand and feels great. My rose is VERY red and it gets a lot of compliments.

But looking at the picture now it seems to have gained a LOT of patina in recent days. But at least it is an honest patina and unpolished condition.

Blacktocomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 December 2018, 12:21 AM   #58
Peter99
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LN & 214270
Many years ago I chose and still have my rectangular section 18ct gold wedding ring or band.
The problem with it is that the inner edges are not sufficiently chamfered or radiussed and over time the edges tended to bite into my finger and the ring not so easily removed.
I would think on these two potential problems.
Peter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2019, 01:37 AM   #59
jeffnnj
"TRF" Member

Cartier Trinity. Literally goes with any watch. With my mild OCD, I could never wear conflicting metals, especially on the same hand.
jeffnnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2019, 02:22 AM   #60
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillyo1233 View Post
I figured fellow watch aficionado's could lend some advice for men's wedding bands - ideally something to go with an ss Nautilus incoming!
Obviously you want quality, so get Wellendorff. They can even match your Naut :)

Cold enamel, far better than modern Fabergé or others, and Fab wanted to create anything i wanted yet passed. Many Wellendorff rings are for the ladies, yet they make spectacular mens rings as well. Custom made to your specs of course. Excellent customer service too! Break out from the typical Tiffany, Cartier, etc you see so many people wear. In fact do as we did, get matching His and Hers rings from Wellendorff

https://www.wellendorff.com/en/jewellery/rings.php

Here's mine:

The below might match the Naut, though as i said they can match anything and create a one-off.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote