The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 5 August 2017, 06:14 PM   #61
CRM114
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMTs,1803, 16610LV
Nobody will end up on the throne because almost everyone important including the undead will die, burn, or melt in the upcoming war.

One survivor will be the fat, educated Night's Watch guy and (unlike everyone else), having actually read books will introduce the concept of Inherent Rights and form Constitutional Republic with democratic mechanisms founded on the idea that those in Government only serve by the consent of the People, or, set up a classless Anarcho-syndicalist commune of the type advocated by Dennis the Peasant if in his research through moldy parchment and scrolls he comes across an early script for Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Either way, the idea of "royalty" and almost all those with supposedly "royal blood" will be thankfully gone. Therefore no monarchs or throne for them to sit on will exist. After renouncing all claims to rule by virtue of any birthright, Arya will become the first elected President. Tyrion will end up like Ben Franklin doing what he's good at; womanizing, drinking, and hanging out in whatever that world's version of Paris is as the new country's ambassador-at-large. The smart, fat Night's Watch guy will go on to invent a calendar system where seasons don't last longer than years but instead more accurately reflect the world they live in.
CRM114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2017, 08:13 PM   #62
CRM114
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMTs,1803, 16610LV
No matter what happens, here's who I hope dies;

The blonde dragon lady: Goes around feeling waaaay too special and entitled. Started out as a sympathetic figure but is now distasteful and her power-mad streak is becoming obvious. She's still young, so if she survives just think what kind of control freak she would be in 10, 20, or 30 years seated on a throne wielding power over others? No thanks! She's like a delusional owner of untrained, vicious dogs that terrorize a neighborhood yet believes through some special connection only she has with them, tamed the savage beasts and are her loving "furbabies" while secretly getting off on other peoples' fear. This Mother of Dragons is all that times a million, so sign me up for the Revolution once her job of helping to destroy the Zombie Apocalypse ghoul-hordes is finished.

Sansa: An average dullard. She's only alive because she's slipped through the cracks through the efforts of others and no ingenuity of her own. Every day people lose their lives slipping in the tub or falling off step stools and yet in this super perilous world, nobody seems to die from simple, everyday accidents even while sprinting along narrow parapets or over ground with tricky footing. A dose of realism isn't a bad thing, and if there's a prime candidate for someone randomly tripping on a rock because they weren't paying attention and falling off a 1000' cliff, it's her.

The adviser guy who's always shadowing Sansa attempting to cleverly finesse his way into power: Everyone wants smarmy, weasely characters like him to meet their end, but his tone of voice alone is so irritating I don't want to hear it anymore except as a dying scream or death rattle. Arya or big blonde Viking chick, please do your world and ours a favor by spitting him at your next opportunity.

Bran: Good name for him because a bowl of it is about as exciting to watch. Bad name for him because Cheerios are healthy and don't cause the death of whoever they come in contact with. Okay, maybe he's suffered enough already and shouldn't die outright, but I'd be content if he morphed into a tree or something completely inert and, at most, hereafter only occasionally referred-to by others in dialogue instead of taking up valuable screen time.
CRM114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2017, 09:52 PM   #63
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
^^^

I'm not sure how I feel about these posts.

But there is certainly some funny pieces. And I think I have to agree about Sansa.

But I personally love Dany.

Thanks for the entertaining comments.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2017, 10:02 PM   #64
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by linesiders View Post
If you like ths show I suggest the books, go far deeper and occasionally waddle but worth it

Yes, completely agree!

Kissed by Fire

I loved the books. I was obsessed. But I think I started the "GRRM is a dick" movement many years ago.

He literally destroyed his fan base due to his indifference about them. He was condescending and rude when people wondered when the next books would be released.

His books started nearly the same time as other epic fantasy series such as Sword of Truth and Wheel of Time. He takes forever to come out with a new book. Those two are long since complete. Heck, Robert Jordan died and his story was still completed. Albeit by a new author, but that's even more impressive.

But that's not what stopped me from reading the books. In my opinion, he lost control of the story. It stopped being a story and started to become soap opera. No conclusions, never ending loose ends, always killing off characters and then introducing new ones. I lost interest.

HBO brought it back. They have done a magnificent job. And they revived interest in him. He got lucky in my opinion.

An incredible writer for sure. But a true jerk and definitely way full of himself. I'll probably pick up the next book, but only because I want to see the continued differences. Then again, that book might not even come out for another decade.

Old 5 August 2017, 10:22 PM   #65
T4ME
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numismatist View Post
Arya!
I agree
T4ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2017, 10:55 PM   #66
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relyt View Post
I bet Snow and Dany SOON learn they are related.

I wonder if John and Sansa turn out to fall for one another.

Who knows, maybe everyone dies and one character is left to the kingdoms but it doesn't matter because they are alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yes, I think it was confirmed he was a Targ as there was no sexual chemistry between them. Writers didn't have the balls to set this up as a romance only to say later, hey that's your aunt. Same with Sansa, Stark incest would be too sick even for GOT. Twins together from birth and before we knew who they were, like Cersei Jamie, is different.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 August 2017, 11:17 PM   #67
cdnwatchguy
"TRF" Member

I don't like the Jon Snow character, I hope a dragon takes him out.

My heart wants Danaerys to win the throne but unfortunately I think it will be Jon Snow. HBO will want to wrap it up in a nice tidy ending with the most popular character as king.
Old 6 August 2017, 12:45 AM   #68
ronricks
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126610LV
Agree that whatever happens Samwell Tarly will end up surviving and will be the person to 'document' and write about what happened for future generations to read. I think Tyrion is not a Lannister and is actually half Targaryen (his mother had an affair) we know John Snow is half Stark half Targaryen and I also think it will be found out that Daenerys is not John's aunt but actually his sister. None of this matters as they all get wiped out by the White Walkers and I think John Snow will give his life so it will 'save' the 7 kingdoms from complete and total destruction.
ronricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2017, 12:59 AM   #69
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnwatchguy View Post
I don't like the Jon Snow character, I hope a dragon takes him out.

My heart wants Danaerys to win the throne but unfortunately I think it will be Jon Snow. HBO will want to wrap it up in a nice tidy ending with the most popular character as king.
Drogon will probably try to burn him and fail. That's how they will know he's a Targ.
Old 6 August 2017, 01:47 AM   #70
Dr.Brian
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing the market.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadridv View Post
you guys do know they're brother and sister right? Save the weird stuff for the after hours forum!
She's his aunt.
That makes it less creepy.
I think Snow will die killing the Night King, or get shanked by Little F*£%er..
It's not going to wrap up in a tidy bow. The books, if ever done, won't end the same way either I'm sure.
Or maybe Littlef*?#er sitting on the throne alone crowning himself the army of the dead overrun the city. That could happen at some point after JL kills CL.

十人十色
Dr.Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2017, 07:46 AM   #71
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Brian View Post
She's his aunt.
That makes it less creepy.
I think Snow will die killing the Night King, or get shanked by Little F*£%er..
It's not going to wrap up in a tidy bow. The books, if ever done, won't end the same way either I'm sure.
Or maybe Littlef*?#er sitting on the throne alone crowning himself the army of the dead overrun the city. That could happen at some point after JL kills CL.
In truth LF should and maybe for a brief period will sit the Iron throne. He started this whole game off by killing Jon Arryn and then effectively Ned later, and all of this even back then was to bring him to the kingship. He is the most ruthless, thoughtful and conniving character in the saga and by rights deserves the throne most of all. But I think Sansa will dispose of him, or maybe Arya, for Ned.
Old 6 August 2017, 08:26 AM   #72
MrTwi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
I know GRRM is quite dark and he is tempted to finish with the Night King winning out ... I don't think they will make such a down ending.
This isn't a fairy tale with a good ending. All the signs are there. Just read the signs.

Everyone is looking at this through the lens of modern society and not fantasy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubatl View Post
the knight king will sit on the iron throne and white walkers will decimate the 7 kingdoms. George RR martin doesnt always write happy ending to his books.

^^^^^^^ This. All the signs are there. Forget about all the distractions, all the players. They mean nothing. This isn't a fairy tale with a nice ending. Dani is not going to marry her nephew, the two run off and live in a cottage with a white picket fence and have a bunch of little Snows running around under foot. Everyone is going to die. Think about the three things CONSTANTLY said, every season, almost every episode.

1. Winter is Coming.

Well its here. And its not going to be pleasant. The current characters are children of the Summer. They are clueless as to what is about to happen. Even the Maesters don't believe it. They do NOT want magic to come back to the land. And since Dani had her babies, everything started to change. Magic was coming back.

How much food did Sansa say she had stashed, a year? Yeah, that's going to last them a while. And since its already snowing, it sure looks like they won't make it past two years. Some winters lasted 6 years? A thousand years ago, per Old Nan, the winter lasted a generation. That means a generation of humans NEVER saw the spring. Think hard about that.

Yep, Winter is Coming. And its going to be VERY unpleasant.

2. The Night is Dark and Full of Terrors

Why is a 400 year old women still alive and kicking? Why did she say she had to come back and die in Westeros? Maybe she has lived through the last Long Night?

3. Valar Morghulis

Over and over again you hear this. Now think about it. Every character you might have liked and became invested in, every character you might have hated and been vile, from Lord Eddard Stark to Lord Frey and all the others, are just bit players. They all died one after the other. And the MORE vested you become in them, when they die it will make it just that much harder. You all like cute little Arya, the faceless assassin. Bye Bye. Sansa? Her time to shine? CYA. etc. etc. etc.

The Night King was created by the Children of the Forest to defend themselves against the First Men. Their little experiment got away from them and now they don't know what to do with him and his minions. Sound familiar? Mess with nature and something new is unleashed that can't be controlled? Anybody seen the black and white Horror Movies from the 50s when Men unleashed the atomic bomb and all kinds of new creatures appears to destroy mankind?

Yup, they are all going to die. Sansa, Dani and her children, Jon and the rest. Bye Bye. Even the might Lady Mormont will end up being a Wight.

Then again, maybe Jon and Dani will just have kids, put up a Wight Fence around their cabin in the woods, and live happily ever after raising little dragon babies

People read WAY too much into these kind of stories. They all are going to die. Valar Morghulis
MrTwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2017, 10:02 AM   #73
mmutte
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Drogon will probably try to burn him and fail. That's how they will know he's a Targ.
This 100%.
I can't think of a better way to reveal his Targ background

I was hoping this would've happened last episode
mmutte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 August 2017, 11:13 AM   #74
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTwi View Post
This isn't a fairy tale with a good ending. All the signs are there. Just read the signs.

Everyone is looking at this through the lens of modern society and not fantasy.

^^^^^^^ This. All the signs are there. Forget about all the distractions, all the players. They mean nothing. This isn't a fairy tale with a nice ending. Dani is not going to marry her nephew, the two run off and live in a cottage with a white picket fence and have a bunch of little Snows running around under foot. Everyone is going to die. Think about the three things CONSTANTLY said, every season, almost every episode.

1. Winter is Coming.

Well its here. And its not going to be pleasant. The current characters are children of the Summer. They are clueless as to what is about to happen. Even the Maesters don't believe it. They do NOT want magic to come back to the land. And since Dani had her babies, everything started to change. Magic was coming back.

How much food did Sansa say she had stashed, a year? Yeah, that's going to last them a while. And since its already snowing, it sure looks like they won't make it past two years. Some winters lasted 6 years? A thousand years ago, per Old Nan, the winter lasted a generation. That means a generation of humans NEVER saw the spring. Think hard about that.

Yep, Winter is Coming. And its going to be VERY unpleasant.

2. The Night is Dark and Full of Terrors

Why is a 400 year old women still alive and kicking? Why did she say she had to come back and die in Westeros? Maybe she has lived through the last Long Night?

3. Valar Morghulis

Over and over again you hear this. Now think about it. Every character you might have liked and became invested in, every character you might have hated and been vile, from Lord Eddard Stark to Lord Frey and all the others, are just bit players. They all died one after the other. And the MORE vested you become in them, when they die it will make it just that much harder. You all like cute little Arya, the faceless assassin. Bye Bye. Sansa? Her time to shine? CYA. etc. etc. etc.

The Night King was created by the Children of the Forest to defend themselves against the First Men. Their little experiment got away from them and now they don't know what to do with him and his minions. Sound familiar? Mess with nature and something new is unleashed that can't be controlled? Anybody seen the black and white Horror Movies from the 50s when Men unleashed the atomic bomb and all kinds of new creatures appears to destroy mankind?

Yup, they are all going to die. Sansa, Dani and her children, Jon and the rest. Bye Bye. Even the might Lady Mormont will end up being a Wight.

Then again, maybe Jon and Dani will just have kids, put up a Wight Fence around their cabin in the woods, and live happily ever after raising little dragon babies

People read WAY too much into these kind of stories. They all are going to die. Valar Morghulis
I know this is a popular theory and it is more likely with the books, and GRRM has hinted at it, but even then he might change this ending now as it is too predictable. However I don't see it with the show, which is free now to make whatever ending they want. ASOIAF is the story of the Starks but GOT really caught on because of one thing, Dragons. Jon Snow was almost a side character and not nearly as popular as Tyrion or Dany until he died, and the show certainly has not centred around him, it has been more Dany's story. Humans can't defeat the Night King but her dragons and their dragonstone can and probably will. It's the Hollywood ending, and maybe not GRRM's grim medieval ending, but Dan and Dave are in charge now.

Look at LOTR and the Hobbit. Jackson was so faithful and respectful of Tolkien for the first trilogy, as were Dan and Dave until the Red Wedding, but since then both Jackson and DD have become huge figures and full of ego, and then we get the travesty of the Hobbit.
Old 6 August 2017, 08:56 PM   #75
adnjoo
"TRF" Member

I hope it's Jon Snow.

Daenarys seems too entitled to be the queen.
adnjoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2017, 03:35 AM   #76
MrTwi
"TRF" Member

Many people here are thinking through the eyes of 2017 man after watching too many feel good movies. This is a fantasy, a time when magic ruled. There are no good endings.

Does not anyone remember this scene when the Nights King touched the baby? Everyone must know foreshadowing is used heavily as a plot device.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XOawFDdUsA

No, in the last scene Dany and Jon will be one of the last, and Ayra. They will be marching east, to the grass sea, with a horde of dothraki with them, to Slaver's Bay and then Meeren. Above them will be her babies and the horde of Dothraki, now wights on their undead horses. Dany and Jon, in blue, all blue.

And behind them, in the last scene, will be the Night's King, followed by more wights and the Giants from the north.

And at his side will be >>>>>>>>> Cersei, carrying in her arm's the King to be, their child.
Old 7 August 2017, 08:19 AM   #77
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Many people here are thinking through the eyes of 2017 man after watching too many feel good movies. This is a fantasy, a time when magic ruled.
And dragons. Game over. Night King is just a prop now. If the Night King was to win out then by now we would have seen two or three prominent characters become Wights, so we really know their power. In a one on one battle with Jon he couldn't kill him and they couldn't even capture immobile Bran. We have seen the power of the dragons constantly and their growth, so if in the final battle the Wights were to win it, it would be deus ex machina and poor, forced storytelling. GRRM might want this ending but his writing is so meandering and overblown that I don't even think he knows how he can get there, and that's why we have so many delays. If he had been more disciplined he could have set this up more realistically and helped the show do the same, but he hasn't.
Old 7 August 2017, 08:30 AM   #78
locutus49
Banned

Watch: Platona
What makes you so much more intelligent than all the other posters. Please check your arrogance at the gate. Your opinion is no more valid than anyone else's.

Quote:

Many people here are thinking through the eyes of 2017 man after watching too many feel good movies. This is a fantasy, a time when magic ruled. There are no good endings.

Does not anyone remember this scene when the Nights King touched the baby? Everyone must know foreshadowing is used heavily as a plot device.

No, in the last scene Dany and Jon will be one of the last, and Ayra. They will be marching east, to the grass sea, with a horde of dothraki with them, to Slaver's Bay and then Meeren. Above them will be her babies and the horde of Dothraki, now wights on their undead horses. Dany and Jon, in blue, all blue.

And behind them, in the last scene, will be the Night's King, followed by more wights and the Giants from the north.

And at his side will be >>>>>>>>> Cersei, carrying in her arm's the King to be, their child.
locutus49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2017, 08:50 AM   #79
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus49 View Post
What makes you so much more intelligent than all the other posters. Please check your arrogance at the gate. Your opinion is no more valid than anyone else's.
He isn't he just has his theory, and it's a common one. As there is so much source material and so much history outside of the 7 books even, anyone can argue any point now and have some back up and that is why there is endless debate on their forums. As we approach the endgame I'm now more concerned with what is realistic and believable.
Old 7 August 2017, 08:53 AM   #80
locutus49
Banned

Watch: Platona
I found his tone in his two posts condescending to other posters, as if they (or should I say we) could not see the underlying structure of this fictional world as only he could.

Quote:
He isn't he just has his theory, and it's a common one. As there is so much source material and so much history outside of the 7 books even, anyone can argue any point now and have some back up and that is why there is endless debate on their forums. As we approach the endgame I'm now more concerned with what is realistic and believable.
locutus49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2017, 09:04 AM   #81
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I found his tone in his two posts condescending to other posters, as if they (or should I say we) could not see the underlying structure of this fictional world as only he could.
Sure was which was why I came back at him. His tone was more of those on the wild and weird GOT forums rather than TRF's, but he's new.
Old 7 August 2017, 09:31 AM   #82
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Nerd Alert!

Would be priceless if someone got banned over GOT debate.
Old 7 August 2017, 09:48 AM   #83
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
You heard it here first:

Jocke, ends up on the Iron Throne
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0022.JPG (12.8 KB, 68 views)
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2017, 10:13 AM   #84
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Do you read a lot of fantasy?

I read tons. I've been a fantasy nerd for nearly 25 years. I worked as an undercover detective in college in a bookstore. My job was to literally sit, read and drink coffee while watching for shop lifters it trouble.

I have read pretty much every single series of note in modern fantasy.

I can tell you with 100% certainty, most epic fantasy sagas actually do end happy. There is a little bit of dark fantasy out there. I like much of that too.

But for certain the overwhelmingly majority if it ends relatively happily with the protagonist "winning".

Now GRRM specifically, is incrediblely difficult to predict. So anyone's guess, imho, is a valid one.

I don't profess expert knowledge in just about anything in my life. Fantasy fiction? Yeah, I'm basically a PHD.

Old 7 August 2017, 10:23 AM   #85
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

All I know is, I can't wait till tonight's episode.

Old 7 August 2017, 10:32 AM   #86
MrTwi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Maybe you read way too much into it.

Quote:
Sure was which was why I came back at him. His tone was more of those on the wild and weird GOT forums rather than TRF's, but he's new.
Probably true. My bad. Of course push back with info. That is discourse. Backing up theory with information is normal. I welcome pushback. Show me where I am wrong. That's how people learn.

To here:

11 Jon Snow
5 Dani
1 Tyrion
2 Ayra
4 Nights King

Jon is the easy answer. Normal modern story. Poor boy makes good. Everyone lives happily ever after. A nobody, scorned by his adoptive Mom, makes good. Makes for a good story.

Dany is the Romantic story, maybe like Dad (Mad)? but her followers adore her. Lost waif, everyone trying to kill her as a baby. Sold into slavery, abused, rises to the top. Sounds like the American dream. Rags, literally, to riches. Great story.

Nights King = bad/evil. You can't have an ending when Evil wins. That's terrible. You have to have stories where good wins over evil, not.

Tell me where this is wrong. Let's learn. Obviously I can be wrong.
Old 7 August 2017, 10:32 AM   #87
AP8ESQ
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710 BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
All I know is, I can't wait till tonight's episode.
X2 - I read some of the spoilers from the leak and it appears tonight is epic! Finally drogon in battle a la Aegon in the conquest. About time!!!
AP8ESQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2017, 10:36 AM   #88
MrTwi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
But for certain the overwhelmingly majority if it ends relatively happily with the protagonist "winning".
No, but a lot of scifi. The typical thing is everyone HAS to have a fairy tale ending. You can't teach kids Evil wins. Bad. Good always overcomes evil. Wrong. Not in real life. Evil wins many times.

Find 5 novels where the ending is "The Earth Blows up and Everyone Dies".

It does happen, but very rare. Its dark. People don't like to go there.
Old 7 August 2017, 10:37 AM   #89
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Maybe you read way too much into it.

Probably true. My bad. Of course push back with info. That is discourse. Backing up theory with information is normal. I welcome pushback. Show me where I am wrong. That's how people learn.

To here:

11 Jon Snow
5 Dani
1 Tyrion
2 Ayra
4 Nights King

Jon is the easy answer. Normal modern story. Poor boy makes good. Everyone lives happily ever after. A nobody, scorned by his adoptive Mom, makes good. Makes for a good story.

Dany is the Romantic story, maybe like Dad (Mad)? but her followers adore her. Lost waif, everyone trying to kill her as a baby. Sold into slavery, abused, rises to the top. Sounds like the American dream. Rags, literally, to riches. Great story.

Nights King = bad/evil. You can't have an ending when Evil wins. That's terrible. You have to have stories where good wins over evil, not.

Tell me where this is wrong. Let's learn. Obviously I can be wrong.

Well, anything that anyone here says is complete speculation.

Regardless on anyone's theory, no one will know till then end, so it's not as if anyone can tell you that you are wrong. Only that your thought process is flawed.

But again, GRRM is completely unpredictable. HBO is less so.

Highly unlikely they are going to end the show with the "winner" being a character that has had minimal at best screen time, and zero character development.

Old 7 August 2017, 10:39 AM   #90
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

^^^

It would turn a legion of lifelong fans into a disgruntled mass of haters. The legacy would be no more.