The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex Watch Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25 August 2020, 06:16 AM   #11
Gomler
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daOnlyBG View Post
For starters, where's the link? Which critique are we looking at?

As for the points, it's time to start calling b.s. on the four points that the critic made.

1. The +/- 2 seconds is the average, across varying positions, speed discrepancy. Did he only test one position, or multiple? Also, Rolex does cover that performance under warranty. An authorized dealer should be able to adjust the speed as needed. Mine certainly did.

2. Is this actually an issue?

3. He's hearing the ball-bearings in the upgraded movement. You have to listen closely to hear it, but yes, it's audible. The good thing? It's not harmful to the movement. Many people here (yours truly included) were initially alarmed about this, but our watches have been just fine, and the authorized Rolex watchmakers have given the movements the clear.

4. Of all the 126710BLROs (granted, the Pepsi) that I've seen, the rehaut crown has been displayed by a shockingly consistent discrepancy, leading me to suspect this is actually standard, and could be an anti-counterfeit protection measure. I'm far, far more skeptical of a GMT-Master where the crown on the rehaut is aligned 100% perfectly.

Again, it would be nice to see the link to know the context and details of this guy's criticisms. What you've mentioned, though, does not sound serious with regards to the actual production, design, and robustness of the Rootbeer GMT-Master.

laugh....
Gomler is offline   Reply With Quote