The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 31 August 2016, 12:25 PM   #1
avx
"TRF" Member

Dealing with SohAIS.

This is a review for SohAIS. I found him on the Buyers/Sellers and reached out to him about a 114060. He told me that he has one coming in soon. Next thing I know, he told me he has the watch in hand, but the warranty card will not be coming in until last friday.

However, he did ask me to pay a deposit first, while not having the complete set. This has triggered a red flag for me as deposits are only required, at least I believe so, when the buyer wants the seller to hold on to an item for some time before the buyer pays in full and pick it up and the buyer might go back on the deal. In other words, the deposit is there to ensure that the seller does not suffer the "opportunity cost". Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

I promptly rejected to pay the deposit and questioned myself if I wanted to continue with this transaction with him. Had he kept insisting for the deposit, I was ready to walk away from this. But, he said it was fine and I can pay in full when he has the watch ready to ship.

But it just kept on bothering me. So I did a little more research on SohAIS. I asked others about his real name, and his email address. At first, someone told me his name is S***** H***** and the person who I am texting said his name was Aamir. So at this point I am like holy sh*t wtf. But then the guy, the person who I am confirming SohAIS's identity with, send me a picture of his conversation between SohAIS over the email. It was then, I learn that Aamir was his nephew.

On the day of the transaction, when SohAIS, send me pictures of the complete set with detailed pictures of the watch. I noticed that there are tiny little spots/dots on the bracelet and asked him to clean it up. I mean it's brand new in box right? It shouldn't have tiny dark spots on the silky smooth bracelet.

IMG_4604.jpg

The next thing he did was sending a picture first and then followed by an explanation and telling me that it was just a shadow

It is really important to note that he send a picture first. Why? Because it calms the buyer down right away by showing and he knows that. Also, it was not just any picture, but it was a close up detailed picture to back up his claim.

IMG_7716.jpg

At this point, I sold. I trusts this guy with 90% confidence and wired him the money. Still a little scared, who wouldn't be?

Since the wire was cleared the same day, he shipped the watch same day and gave me the tracking number. The rest is self explanatory.

Now that I looked back, I wonder to myself, was I crazy to worry too much about it? I don't know. I mean after all, I am wiring money to some guy over the internet and taking his words for it.

Since most of the reviews on here are like 1-2 sentence, I hope I provided a good amount of details as to how a deal might play out between you and the seller for the new people on here looking for a watch. And it might not always be easy as 1. Send the money. 2. Received the watch. There might be times where a seller's action makes you question whether or not to continue with the transaction.

Lastly, his tone and his choice of words will make you feel like you are dealing with professionals.

tl;dr: Deal with confidence with SohAIS.

-Avx
avx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2016, 01:37 PM   #2
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Very detailed review of your transaction
I'll add a couple of lines. Sohail (SohAIS here on TRF) is a trusted seller here and I have done face to face deals with him here in the Atlanta area where I live.
Everything was handled professionally and as promised. I know that's the short version like many posts here - but I've done dozens of transactions with different members here as well as on eBay and hope that adds some context for anyone who is reading up on Sohail.

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2016, 12:42 PM   #3
SohAIS
⭐⭐⭐⭐
2024 DATEJUST41 Sponsor & Boutique Seller

Watch: Patek, Rolex
Thank you very much for such kind words!

2FA security active
SohAIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2020, 05:36 AM   #4
oletyrone
"TRF" Member

SOHAIS watches

I just purchased an Omega from Aamir at AIS watches. I was skeptical about buying one online that I had not touched in person. I read his reviews and decided to take a chance. I could not have had a better transition. Aamir acted in less than 10 mins from when I told him I wanted the watch. I received the watch the very next day as he said. He stayed in contact with me the entire time to make sure I was satisfied. The watch and all documents were in as good if not better condition than he described. It was a wonderful experience and I look forward to wearing this timepiece for many years.
oletyrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2024, 09:17 AM   #5
RF888
"TRF" Member

sohAIS

Came to this thread to write a fine review dealing with Aamir but I stopped to read the other reviews first. I found my experience echos that of the other buyers almost exactly. He is simply a pleasure to deal with. He was incredibly prompt, no nonsense, told me how his Dad - also a lefty, bought the same watch.

There is always hesitation wiring money and I was concerned too. I am a car collector - not a watch collector - and typically I ask for a photo of the car title in the seller's name before I wire funds. But what can one do with a watch? Photos are a dime a dozen and while watches have serial numbers I wouldn't know where to verify one unlike a VIN for a car which has a recorded history.

Within a couple of hours of back and forth texting he answered all my questions about the watch. I wired the money. Kept him informed of the process on my end and likewise he kept me informed every step of the way. He even texted to tell me the watch was at Fed Ex waiting to be picked up. Less than 48hours later the watch was in my possession. This is how transactions on the internet are supposed to be. Thanks again Aamir. Best of luck
RF888 is offline   Reply With Quote