The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 28 January 2024, 06:05 PM   #1
Syed117
"TRF" Member

"Not a matter of if, but a matter of when"

That's one of the last things my AD told me the last time I emailed him asking about a BLRO.

The first time I asked him was the day it launched in March 2018.

This March will be 6 years. 6 years of being on a "wait list". Yes, I know wait lists aren't really a thing.

He hasn't responded to my last few emails.

Previous purchase history is a sub date, dj41, two tone dj41, black bay 58. Not a big spender by any means, but 6 years is a long time.

To be fair, I don't really care that much and only check in a few times a year, but 6 years?

Anyway, just a little random venting. Don't mind me.
Old 28 January 2024, 06:08 PM   #2
raycover
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710LN
That seems so rude. You're a darn good customer and should be treated as such but every AD is different, I suppose.
raycover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2024, 08:11 PM   #3
WristWatchWonders
"TRF" Member

I'm told the same thing waiting for a BLRO. It's been three and a half years of, "Not if, but when."
There's only one AD in my area; it's a relatively small market I suppose. I've purchased a Datejust 36, Explorer, two-tone Daytona, Black Bay 58, and a bunch of jewelry over the last five years. I'm by no means a whale but I have a consistent spend history and have been a good customer. I do all my holiday/birthday shopping there and don't buy stuff I don't want. The manager and SA are cool; I always enjoy talking with both about stuff other than Rolex. I have a hard time justifying paying nearly double for a watch on the secondary market (so far). I'm stubborn, I guess.
I tell myself, "It's only a watch; it's not like you're waiting for a new cornea or liver. I can wait".

Sent from my moto g 5G - 2023 using Tapatalk
WristWatchWonders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2024, 08:50 PM   #4
thesharkfactor
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Can't really blame the AD, they probably only get a few examples to go round. Best buy grey if you want one.
thesharkfactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2024, 09:41 PM   #5
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

It will be worth the wait if your AD realistically intends to get you one. That's the unknown. My AD informed in December that all variants of the BLRO have been few and far between in 2023.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2024, 09:48 PM   #6
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
I hope you land one some day Syed, it’s a great reference
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2024, 10:07 PM   #7
Sephiroth
"TRF" Member

6 years is the opportunity cost of not going grey. Ouch.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2024, 11:13 PM   #8
Flint
"TRF" Member

I would phone AD and tell them their behaviour is down right rude and totally unacceptable , probably won't get you your watch but perhaps make you feel better
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2024, 11:21 PM   #9
travisb
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes..
6 years is a loooong wait. I do hope the AD comes through for you but at this point I surely wouldn't count on it.
travisb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2024, 11:30 PM   #10
Rolex1982
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT Meteorite
I don’t believe he will get you one unless demand really drops. If you waited 6 years then your spending history is to low according to this AD but he doesn’t want to say that to you. I would go grey if you really want the watch.
Rolex1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2024, 11:39 PM   #11
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
I would go into the AD and have a conversation with the SA and the GM. See what they say and go from there. I predict you will hear that the watch is scarce and they do not get many and you are on a list for your for your interest. Decode that and you are not getting the watch through them. Waiting six years either means you have amazing patience or you really do not want the watch. Maybe a little of both. We see members here that do obtain desirable watches from AD's but the numbers would tell you that it is still somewhat challenging. If you want the watch either go to the Trusted Sellers or go without. I am sure it is about the money but sometimes if you really want something you have to pay the market price. By the way, the BLRO is a great watch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200312_093411 (002).jpg (247.1 KB, 446 views)
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2024, 11:45 PM   #12
Marcjvr
"TRF" Member

Watch: 214270
Sounds like the AD spends a lot of time pee’ing on your leg while telling you it is raining
Old 29 January 2024, 02:09 AM   #13
Syed117
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
I hope you land one some day Syed, it’s a great reference
Thanks! Maybe one day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WristWatchWonders View Post
I'm told the same thing waiting for a BLRO. It's been three and a half years of, "Not if, but when."
There's only one AD in my area; it's a relatively small market I suppose. I've purchased a Datejust 36, Explorer, two-tone Daytona, Black Bay 58, and a bunch of jewelry over the last five years. I'm by no means a whale but I have a consistent spend history and have been a good customer. I do all my holiday/birthday shopping there and don't buy stuff I don't want. The manager and SA are cool; I always enjoy talking with both about stuff other than Rolex. I have a hard time justifying paying nearly double for a watch on the secondary market (so far). I'm stubborn, I guess.
I tell myself, "It's only a watch; it's not like you're waiting for a new cornea or liver. I can wait".

Sent from my moto g 5G - 2023 using Tapatalk
I'm very stubborn, but maybe it's time to go grey.
Old 29 January 2024, 02:20 AM   #14
pgleason2
"TRF" Member

It took a 4 year wait for me from when it was announced. My AD got 7 all of last year. It’s just a numbers game. Your AD may get more or less depending on the size.

I would ask if your AD counts Rolex spend as part of your buying history or if those are looked at as favors. Not saying it is right but your AD might have counted the sub and dj41 as favors to you.

At the end of the day it is a watch. I love mine and I am glad I have it, but I was more than happy to wait rather than spend double on the secondary. I wear it and enjoy it, but it hasn’t changed my life and I still wake up the same person.
pgleason2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2024, 02:21 AM   #15
Syed117
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgleason2 View Post
It took a 4 year wait for me from when it was announced. My AD got 7 all of last year. It’s just a numbers game. Your AD may get more or less depending on the size.

I would ask if your AD counts Rolex spend as part of your buying history or if those are looked at as favors. Not saying it is right but your AD might have counted the sub and dj41 as favors to you.

At the end of the day it is a watch. I love mine and I am glad I have it, but I was more than happy to wait rather than spend double on the secondary. I wear it and enjoy it, but it hasn’t changed my life and I still wake up the same person.
I wake up every morning and cry at the can of pepsi I keep on the side table
Old 29 January 2024, 03:49 AM   #16
WatchGuy1966
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed117 View Post
That's one of the last things my AD told me the last time I emailed him asking about a BLRO.

This March will be 6 years. 6 years of being on a "wait list". Yes, I know wait lists aren't really a thing.

Previous purchase history is a sub date, dj41, two tone dj41, black bay 58. Not a big spender by any means, but 6 years is a long time.

To be fair, I don't really care that much and only check in a few times a year, but 6 years?

Anyway, just a little random venting. Don't mind me.
It should not be this way, but it is. I don't think twice per year checking in on a BLRO is going to get you the watch. Just my opinion, but amp it up a bit if you truly want it.

Also, the statement that you "really don't care that much" is a sign you might not truly want the watch. I've done that a few times, even with the Daytona White Dial ceramic. But if you get it and don't want it, there is plenty of resale market.
WatchGuy1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2024, 05:00 AM   #17
WilsdorfNDavis
"TRF" Member

Quote:

You haven't been into the store in 6 years?
No AD I've ever dealt with responds to emails because they get hundreds, they only respond to people when they come into the store.

Quote:
Were all these made before the six years has elapsed?
Old 29 January 2024, 05:08 AM   #18
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

It's happening though...just another few years.....
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2024, 05:18 AM   #19
Syed117
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsdorfNDavis View Post
You haven't been into the store in 6 years?
No AD I've ever dealt with responds to emails because they get hundreds, they only respond to people when they come into the store.

Were all these made before the six years has elapsed?
I think the sub date was 2 years before the blro came out. Then both DJ41s were the year before and the tudor was the same year. Haven't bought anything from them in 6 years. To be honest, I don't think they really earned more business with the constant false hope that I was in line for the gmt.

Was visiting a little more frequently at the start, but then would call or email since we moved further away and it was tough to drive an hour and a half just to show my face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
It's happening though...just another few years.....
I'm sure Rolex will discontinue it by then.
Old 29 January 2024, 05:46 AM   #20
Patekfinder
Banned

Plenty of other great Rolexes that can be obtained without the absurdity of this wait. It has a red bezel instead of a blue bezel, big fing deal, just get a different GMT and it’s basically the same watch.
Patekfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2024, 06:25 AM   #21
mrlube1151001
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ 41 TT sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patekfinder View Post
Plenty of other great Rolexes that can be obtained without the absurdity of this wait. It has a red bezel instead of a blue bezel, big fing deal, just get a different GMT and it’s basically the same watch.
Very true
mrlube1151001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2024, 06:37 AM   #22
SubDate
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610LN
Don’t ask the AD. You are only going to leave scratching your head after you get some BS excuse. If they were going to give you an honest answer they would have already. They have had 6 years to do that. I find it impossible to believe there were 6 years worth of BLROs ahead of you on that phantom list. People were chosen ahead of you and that is just the game. I would personally try other ADs if possible. If not, go grey. Don’t invest another 6!
SubDate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2024, 06:47 AM   #23
derklink
"TRF" Member

Watch: amacallit
After 5 years on the BS list, I went grey.
derklink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2024, 06:55 AM   #24
njlam
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgleason2 View Post

I agree with this. Buying more Rolexes you want is not the point. The want you to buy the stuff you don't want (that is more profitable) to move you up the list.

With all your Rolex purchases, they probably think you owe them a few favors.
Laine V38 - JLC Reverso Duo Q2714910 SS - Grand Seiko SGBA407 - Baltic Aquascaphe SS
TAG Heuer Formula One - Swatch MoonSwatch Mission to the Moon/Mercury/Jupiter/Neptune
njlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2024, 06:59 AM   #25
alphadweller
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
The first AD I request the SS BLRO from has since lost Rolex where I live. Being Wempe, I never thought this would have happened.
alphadweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2024, 07:04 AM   #26
Locust
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
Go in and talk to the Rolex buyer. 6 years is rediculous
Locust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2024, 07:20 AM   #27
Patekfinder
Banned

It’s like you got ghosted by the hot girl, and you’ve been waiting 6 years for her to text you back. Give it up brother. It will be okay. Plenty of other Rolexes out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Patekfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2024, 07:39 AM   #28
OTX
"TRF" Member

Tell the AD you’re still interested and that if you end passing away, your son can come pick it up. Seriously, that’s ridiculous. You have a decent spend history with them. I would contact the manager and bring it up and if nothing comes from it, go gray. Good luck.
OTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2024, 07:54 AM   #29
Bxtek
"TRF" Member

6 years is definitely a LONG time! We all know that some BLRO's definitely came in and went out of their store in that timeframe. Honestly.....I think the main reason why you didn't get the call is because you haven't visited on a regular basis. Yes, I saw you mentioned that you visited more frequently in the beginning, but that simply wasn't enough. If you kept up those frequent visits, I suspect you would already have one by now.

I'm definitely no expert, but I don't think many put too much weight in email, texts or call contacts, unless you are already a "Whale". Visiting in person is the only way. More recently, I noticed that each time I visit my AD, they go into their system/my account and do something to count my visit.
Bxtek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2024, 07:55 AM   #30
saltyandwet
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I think the sub date was 2 years before the blro came out. Then both DJ41s were the year before and the tudor was the same year. Haven't bought anything from them in 6 years. To be honest, I don't think they really earned more business with the constant false hope that I was in line for the gmt.

Was visiting a little more frequently at the start, but then would call or email since we moved further away and it was tough to drive an hour and a half just to show my face.

I'm sure Rolex will discontinue it by then.
If your AD ever mention "the list" again, I'd ask to see it "just so I can see where I am on this list" and watch his reaction. Then you'll know what's what.
saltyandwet is offline   Reply With Quote