The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Grand Seiko & Seiko Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30 June 2017, 10:21 PM   #11
meganfox17
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolexavidfan View Post
Hi Meganfox and Surefire,

Both of your comments are definitely spot on. Indeed beauty is in the eye of the beholder. We seek for things that we think are of value to us. No one can compel us, and definitely we are not obligated to listen, heed, or follow opinions of others, be it favorable or adverse. We the buyer will always make the final decision.

For me, I never had a Seiko watch before, even when I was growing up. The closest that I got was an Alba watch, and at that time I wear my Alba watch proudly. But deep inside me, I always wanted a Seiko, but not just getting a Seiko for the sake of getting one. The Seiko that I would get must appeal to me first, pricing being secondary.

Finally, I'm happy to pull the trigger on both the Grand Seiko 253 and the SLA017. Love those two reissue models, both also fit my collection parameters, and most of all, finally was able to get the Seiko that is beauty to my eyes
Well Done Sir ! I'm glad you pulled the trigger. I made another call to the Seiko AD about an hour ago for fun and news of 2 units would be allotted to the boutique.The retail has not be confirmed but would be in the USD 3.2 K-ish range.The first has already been booked. Damn It! I hate competition! On the spur of the moment I simply said I'll take the second SLA 017 after he told me a small deposit of USD125 was required. I guess if I change my mind, forfeiting 125 bucks isnt so bad at all.
Hah ! At least I've beaten the other Malaysians to that last SLA 017
meganfox17 is offline   Reply With Quote